2020-21 UVM Catamounts: A New Era Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
    Saw that, very cool! Hey George, don't know if you've been keeping up with this thread, but there's been some talk on here about Maura Sheridan, who's now doing the play-by-play for the Cats. As one of the best in the biz, was wondering if you have any thoughts on her work to date? Thanks.

Maura is a very good PBP person ... excellent on hoop and baseball. This is her first shot at hockey and she has been very open about that. She is learning on the fly. If she wants hockey longterm she will work at it and she will get better. Give her some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post

Maura is a very good PBP person ... excellent on hoop and baseball. This is her first shot at hockey and she has been very open about that. She is learning on the fly. If she wants hockey longterm she will work at it and she will get better. Give her some time.
      Thanks, appreciate it. I agree, she'll be fine if she puts in the time and effort, and I have no reason to think she won't. It's a pretty amazing opportunity and I'm sure she knows that.

Comment

• Do not understand what UVM's media people are thinking approving a play-by-play announcer who does not understand hockey and then putting her on the air without an analyst. Strategy to sell season tickets next year?

Comment

• I noticed this weekend UVM did its senior night and had a tweet for each of its seniors which included:

Cory Thomas
          Vlad Dzhioshvili
          Owen Grant
          Alex Esposito
          Matt Beck
          Ace Cowans
          Christian Evers
          Bryce Misley

Guys who are listed as seniors who didn't get a senior tweet:

Tristian Mullen
          Tyler Harmon
          Brian Kelly

So I wonder if those three are planning to be back next season? Mullen I might get given he was just a one year half a semester guy if he maybe decided it wasn't his place to take away the spotlight from the others. They can get an added year so I could see Harmon doing that and Kelly I think was hurt all year so he might come back? Won't rule out a few guys who are underclassmen might decide not to return either but I wouldn't mind another full year of Mullen and I think having Harmon around along with Carriere and the new guy coming in helps you know what you're getting between the pipes next year too.

Comment

• Useless alumni side note - Brady Shaw is currently the top scorer in the Danish league with 66 points, second place is on 55. Also Craig Puffer is on his team and he has 41 points.
            https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
            https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
            NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
            Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• I miss watching Brady play. We used to joke he should just go in and out of the penalty box for his warm up. I wonder if someone finally told him to stay low and not stand up as he hit people

Comment

• Games canceled this weekend! Bummer.

Comment

• Lowell for the playoffs.

Also, UVM snags former Michigan State commit Joel Määttä. From the Jokerit program, currently with Sioux City in the USHL. Seems to be a more defensive forward from my reading with some playmaking ability.
                  https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
                  https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                  NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                  Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Working...
                  X