Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy A
    replied
    Whatever enthusiasm momentum there was is dead. The TPB injury, Holloway gone, covid 19 absences and then CC being gone. If they win one game of the next 4 it will be a miracle. The times of the games are stupid - 4:30. I can watch on BTN+ if I get home in time from work, but I can't dvr the game to watch later. I'm not sure if I get ESPN U at all.

And why not postpone due to lack of players? Other colleges are doing that.

And then there's the B17's 21 day quarantine. The CDC is down to 7-10 days under certain circumstances. Why is the B17 standing by a decision made in the dark ages of Covid 19 knowledge? The key to success right now is flexibility, to adjust based on new info and knowledge. *** is going on here?

Leave a comment:

• MadCityRich
    replied
    Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

We're waiting, and waiting, and waiting.......for them to open in Tempe also........
    Haha, Sol! Maybe when hell freezes over as well? I believe you are originally from WI or MN? If so, you KNOW there is nothing better than a clear 10°, windless night in your neighborhood hockey rink with REAL wood boards and dashers. That crunch of the skates on ice splitting the air, the stick slapping the puck, and the puck hitting the boards is WAY different on a cold night outside, than a muffled indoor rink.

It's surprising how much you sweat, and even more surprising how much Miller High Life you can pull out of a snowbank and drink at 16 years old. (I was a late starter by our standards).

I can't wait to take a roadie to Tempe once things get back to normal. I'm sure UW will schedule a trip there once per year in mid January.
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 12-02-2020, 10:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sol Diablo
    replied
    Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Too bad the outdoor hockey rinks (Tenney, Olbrich, etc) aren't ready yet. We could be out there recruiting.
    We're waiting, and waiting, and waiting.......for them to open in Tempe also........

Leave a comment:

• MadCityRich
    replied
    Too bad the outdoor hockey rinks (Tenney, Olbrich, etc) aren't ready yet. We could be out there recruiting.

Leave a comment:

• WiscTJK
    replied
    Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    It's amazing how tired I have become with this program. I lived and breathed Badger hockey as a kid/teenager/20's-30's Grown-up, but seeing them just let the program wither on the vine has taken away a lot of my enthusiasm.

Between COVID and the enthusiasm gap, I have missed 5 games this season where I totally forgot to even look for it online until it was over and I caught the others late because I forgot when they were actually starting.

The season seems to only exist to provide a product for the TV contracts and when you only suit up 8 F's for a weekend series... that makes it pretty clear that they're not doing it for the fans or the team.

Oh, and our coaching sucks... so there is that too.
    ditto.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X