Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gwhinwi
    replied
    I've created a new thread for the offseason here.

https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/college-hockey/men-s-division-i/3656822-wisconsin-offseason-2021-regression-to-the-mean

Deleted the original post and added a '?' as requested.
    Last edited by gwhinwi; 04-15-2021, 03:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Jacob Martin made the US U18 team. I don't know where he is rated according to scouts, but him and Corson coming is good for quality @ D. Hopefully they play like McDonagh or McBain and not like Miller or Kalynuck in college.

Leave a comment:

• gwhinwi
    replied
    In other news... it looks like email notifications are actually working since the forum downtime.

So... that's... um... something?

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
    Per Milewski, Baker/Inamoto/Ess to return for their 5th years.
    Baker was an important returner. Dude has a motor, if only he could actually score when he gets the chance, and he gets enough of them. Just the kind of grit guy they need/needed to stay.

I was kinda hoping to move on from Inamoto and get to see the great development out of the young guys continue, but him being a 3rd pair guy/PKer would work. I am happy to see Ess back, kinda a quiet non flashy guy who you rarely see make a bad mistake. As long as Kehrer, Peltonen, Ess and Ceulemans play a ton I will be happy. Martin and Laatsch will get their chance the following year I guess, unless they can beat out Vorlicky to get on the 3rd pair. I doubt TG will play them ahead of Inamoto.

Leave a comment:

• GoBucky18
    replied
    TBakes honestly makes me happy. That guy has improved and is absolitely a grit guy. We need those. Donovan leaving doesnt hurt. Ess is a program guy and Inamoto will block anything (even though he sometimes plays lazy unless in desperation). Blue liners teachin' up the youngins is huge in my opinion. Its almost like they inally figured it out!

Leave a comment:

• gwhinwi
    replied
    Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I have updated the spreadsheet with the players staying and leaving.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied
    This alters the returning G-P-GP to:

36.4% 37.8% 65.4%

And if I factor in the transfers (which I never factored in for TPB, Beydoun and Hayton, et al)

44.9% 46.3% 70.6%

Leave a comment:

• WiscTJK
    replied

Different teams, different coaching.

For as much as people talk about other teams losing a bunch of players and still making the tournament I say: why not us?
    Because they haven't proven they can under Granato. Next year is critical IMO.....

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied
    Well that’s not boring. Should make for an interesting competition for the third pairing.

For as much as people talk about other teams losing a bunch of players and still making the tournament I say: why not us?
    Development? Hard to say. One interesting thing is how much returning scorers improve year over year. Would be interesting to see our numbers compared to theirs.

Leave a comment:

• WiscTJK
    replied
    and Shay Donovan leaving.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...ab3dd2daf.html

Leave a comment:

• digitalbooya
    replied
    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

If I’ve counted correctly, we’re losing something like 60% of our goals from last year. I’ll have to double check and see how many GP we’re losing as well.

Its a level of goal scoring loss we’ve most recently seen after the 2006 title and the 2010 FF run. The following seasons didn’t go well.

Leave a comment:

• digitalbooya
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied
    No, and that’s a good point.

Still, thus far we only have one incoming transfer. It’s not going to make a <huge> difference.

My original intent with that table was to compare how well incoming classes do <after> they arrive.

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied
    Were the transfers factored in for returning points and games? I would factor them in even if they were at other schools just to see that side of it, too.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    One observation with EDOS's awesome chart is TG's had very decent returning games played yet he only once converted that into one season where they a factor. Hopefully he's got things figured out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X