Wisconsin Hockey 20-21 Give Us A Reason To Believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

The free, immediate transfer is a temporary COVID rule. We will still have grad transfers, the bonus year of eligibility will add to that, but otherwise it’ll take an act of NCAA permanently getting rid of the “sit out a year” rule to make this weirdness last.
    Oh, I know.

I just have lots of issues with college sports and the way that they handle the athletes versus how they handle coaches.

I think people will find that this doesn't destroy the sport. Sometimes these young people are promised a bill of goods from a coach or university and those promises aren't honored, but they're expected to stick it out for 4 years either way, while coaches will just bail at the first chance for a better paycheck and everyone says, "Good for them!"
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Okay, here’s a chart of returning Goals, Points and Games Played from the previous season. Along with W-L-T of the resulting season:
      Season % G Returning % P Returning % GP Returning W L T
      2002-03 43.2% 56.2% 62.5% 14 22 4
      2003-04 60.0% 68.9% 69.7% 22 13 8
      2004-05 65.9% 63.4% 69.4% 23 14 4
      2005-06 97.6% 97.7% 92.5% 30 10 3
      2006-07 34.4% 39.8% 63.3% 19 18 4
      2007-08 39.8% 48.9% 59.2% 17 17 7
      2008-09 61.7% 65.5% 74.3% 19 16 4
      2009-10 88.0% 91.4% 80.0% 28 11 4
      2010-11 24.7% 30.5% 41.5% 21 16 4
      2011-12 41.1% 57.4% 61.8% 17 18 2
      2012-13 80.0% 80.3% 84.2% 22 13 7
      2013-14 80.3% 77.5% 80.6% 24 11 2
      2014-15 25.0% 27.9% 41.7% 4 26 5
      2015-16 65.0% 61.7% 68.9% 8 19 8
      2016-17 95.7% 90.4% 84.8% 20 15 1
      2017-18 58.8% 78.3% 75.3% 14 19 4
      2018-19 56.5% 58.1% 61.6% 14 18 5
      2019-20 70.7% 81.1% 74.6% 14 20 2
      2020-21 60.0% 65.3% 74.7% 20 10 1
      2021-22 31.4% 33.6% 52.7% 0 0 0
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• One observation with EDOS's awesome chart is TG's had very decent returning games played yet he only once converted that into one season where they a factor. Hopefully he's got things figured out.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Were the transfers factored in for returning points and games? I would factor them in even if they were at other schools just to see that side of it, too.

Comment

• No, and that’s a good point.

Still, thus far we only have one incoming transfer. It’s not going to make a <huge> difference.

My original intent with that table was to compare how well incoming classes do <after> they arrive.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

• Per Milewski, Baker/Inamoto/Ess to return for their 5th years.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

If I’ve counted correctly, we’re losing something like 60% of our goals from last year. I’ll have to double check and see how many GP we’re losing as well.

Its a level of goal scoring loss we’ve most recently seen after the 2006 title and the 2010 FF run. The following seasons didn’t go well.
                Different teams, different coaching.

For as much as people talk about other teams losing a bunch of players and still making the tournament I say: why not us?

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                  Per Milewski, Baker/Inamoto/Ess to return for their 5th years.
                  and Shay Donovan leaving.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...ab3dd2daf.html
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Well that’s not boring. Should make for an interesting competition for the third pairing.

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

For as much as people talk about other teams losing a bunch of players and still making the tournament I say: why not us?
                    Development? Hard to say. One interesting thing is how much returning scorers improve year over year. Would be interesting to see our numbers compared to theirs.

Comment

Because they haven't proven they can under Granato. Next year is critical IMO.....
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• This alters the returning G-P-GP to:

36.4% 37.8% 65.4%

And if I factor in the transfers (which I never factored in for TPB, Beydoun and Hayton, et al)

44.9% 46.3% 70.6%

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                          I have updated the spreadsheet with the players staying and leaving.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0

Comment

• TBakes honestly makes me happy. That guy has improved and is absolitely a grit guy. We need those. Donovan leaving doesnt hurt. Ess is a program guy and Inamoto will block anything (even though he sometimes plays lazy unless in desperation). Blue liners teachin' up the youngins is huge in my opinion. Its almost like they inally figured it out!

Comment

Baker was an important returner. Dude has a motor, if only he could actually score when he gets the chance, and he gets enough of them. Just the kind of grit guy they need/needed to stay.

I was kinda hoping to move on from Inamoto and get to see the great development out of the young guys continue, but him being a 3rd pair guy/PKer would work. I am happy to see Ess back, kinda a quiet non flashy guy who you rarely see make a bad mistake. As long as Kehrer, Peltonen, Ess and Ceulemans play a ton I will be happy. Martin and Laatsch will get their chance the following year I guess, unless they can beat out Vorlicky to get on the 3rd pair. I doubt TG will play them ahead of Inamoto.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• In other news... it looks like email notifications are actually working since the forum downtime.

So... that's... um... something?

Comment

Working...
                                X