No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 20-21 Give Us A Reason To Believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just reported, Holloway broke one of his thumbs against Penn St in the big ten tournament.

Comment

• In news you knew was coming: https://***********/canadiensmtl/sta...912162305?s=21
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• In news that maybe helps explain <some> of what we’ve been talking about: https://***********/sportsnetspec/st...843315716?s=21
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• That explains some of his play down the stretch. I guess he should be praised for gutting it out. I'm not sure whoever might have replaced him would have been any more productive. I knew he wasn't right, but I never doubted his heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Surprised the Habs didn't have a private jet with its engines running outside Webster Bank Arena yesterday to take Caufield away
            "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
              I wonder if Alvarez will now give Granato a 5 year extension because he made the playoffs in year 5 and the team is now finally turning the corner.
              Somebody else's decision now!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                I agree with you. #4 disappeared in the big games toward the end.

also...what is the worst loss after a promising season?

leaving out the 92 title game of course...

BU 4 UW 1 in 1994 team was loaded with talent: Schier, Zent, Moore, Rafalski, Plante, Spencer, et al

BC 4 UW 1 2000 team had Heatley, Reinprecht, Hukalo, Kuk, Granato, Siren et al

Nodak smoking the 2014 in 1st round 5-2.

Bemidji trappers crushing UW 6-3 today.
                I'd vote the 2000 team. Many said it was a BS draw at the time/we shouldn't have been matched up with BC. I really loved that team, and that was the first of many trips taken to the WCHA final 5 for me.
                '92 obviously was maddening; but the '90 championship & all success around that time took a lot of sting out of the '94 loss (we were probably due for an early round loss). The 2010 championship loss was more disappointing to me than the 2014 first round loss.

Comment

• The BC loss in 2010 was the worst one in my lifetime.

Comment

• In the past several years people have talked about “hey, this isn’t the olden days, there are no dynasties etc in NCAA hockey”. There will never be another Bob Johnson or Herb Brooks.

bull****.

i urge those people now to look up 2 names: Jerry York and Scott Sandelin.

while Wisconsin has largely slept or wallowed in ineptitude with 1 title in the last 30 years how many does BC and Duluth have in that timeframe? Eh? Or BU and Nodak for that matter?
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• The 99/00 team is probanly the most hurtful loss. That team was lights out and even now the players talk about how much that one stung.

In 2010, they got their doors blown off in the final. BC was a ton more skilled in the O zone and it showed, I dont hace any qualms there. WI was a D teamand they relied on it too much.

92 they got hosed and everyone knows they were hosed. 29 penalties in a game?! Im surprised the refs arent in prison still for being on the take.

Holloway def did not have a good end to the yr. TPB also disappeared. Their D also became suspect and lacked fundamentals. Tending also was suspect, it really was, from both. In that game against Bemidji, at least two goals shouldnt have even been on the board. The goal to make it 2-0 was a clear line of sight for Beydoun. No excuses. And then he got super cute instead of just making the easy play to give up the wraparound. With the empty netter thats 3 goals. Totally difft game even with crappy defense.

And the idea that we cant win with 4yr guys is silly. The top teams do it all the time with 2 and 3 yr guys, sometimes even 1yr guys; theyre in the tourney and hitting FFs consistently. The Cs and As need to be program guys and set the tone for 4yrs. If all you want is 4yr guys, no high end talent will want to go to your prgm. Its a conundrum in College hockey.

One thing Ive noticed is that WI has consistently been young, and small...every year under TG. He recruits high skill guys. Which is fine, but as stated, that doesnt play well against grinding physical teams. Just an observation.

Also the NCAA HAS to do something about these venues. They suck. Put them in places where people care about college hockey, or at least can produce a decent sheet of ice. Bejesus.

Comment

I agree with you. #4 disappeared in the big games toward the end.

also...what is the worst loss after a promising season?

leaving out the 92 title game of course...

BU 4 UW 1 in 1994 team was loaded with talent: Schier, Zent, Moore, Rafalski, Plante, Spencer, et al

BC 4 UW 1 2000 team had Heatley, Reinprecht, Hukalo, Kuk, Granato, Siren et al

Nodak smoking the 2014 in 1st round 5-2.

Bemidji trappers crushing UW 6-3 today.
                        In January of 2000 I was at the Herb to see Hukalo sink the Sioux on successive nights with almost identical overtime goals. My team lost both nights, but it was one of the most exciting weekends of regular season hockey I've seen. The atmosphere was electric. A lot of talent on the Badger team, most obviously Heatley, but I found myself coveting Reinprecht the most. He just knew the ice and made everyone around him better.

Comment

In the past several years people have talked about “hey, this isn’t the olden days, there are no dynasties etc in NCAA hockey”. There will never be another Bob Johnson or Herb Brooks.

bull****.

while Wisconsin has largely slept or wallowed in ineptitude with 1 title in the last 30 years how many does BC and Duluth have in that timeframe? Eh? Or BU and Nodak for that matter?
                          Scott Sandelin? He made the NCAAs once in his first eight years and four times in his first 14 years. As a reference, Granato is right along that track record to start his college coaching career. It took Sandelin 15 years to build his dynasty. Do you have that kind of patience?

As for building blocks, I think that Granato learned this year that defense is hella important. Listen to the bench every time they blocked a shot. Such a simple thing and this was the first year where it felt like defense was a main focus. This year they were 16th for defense as opposed to 58th the prior year. PK was 8th instead of 53rd the year prior. There were improvements made to things other than MORE GOALZZZ.

Hot take: This team will make the NCAAs next year with their solid defensive play, great goaltending, and their opportunistic goal scoring.

Comment

• A tear comes to my eye (of joy) as the Rodents take their **** colored uniforms and go home. Not the year to be a #1 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

Hot take: This team will make the NCAAs next year with their solid defensive play, great goaltending, and their opportunistic goal scoring.
                              Nope. I don't see it. I doubt we will see the solid defensive play and great goaltending..... "Opportunistic" is a good way of saying they will struggle to score goals and they will..... I want to be positive, but I am not seeing it.
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

In the past several years people have talked about “hey, this isn’t the olden days, there are no dynasties etc in NCAA hockey”. There will never be another Bob Johnson or Herb Brooks.

bull****.

Watching Mankato last night dismantle the Goofers, its clear that team hockey using a defensive system wins games. He is the guy I wanted after Eaves and I was made fun of by WiskoMcBadgerton. That was a thing of beauty last night. He is the winningest coach since 2017 to present and hasn't had one season under .500 since he took over 9 years ago.....(they were under .500 nine of ten years before with Jutting)....
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X