Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The winning was nice while it lasted.

Comment

• The thing that bothers me the most is UW had no apparent plan to defeat the trap. Either the coaches didn't make a plan or the players ignored the plan 100%. BSU always had numbers back and the UW puck carrier would get de-pucked between the redline and the O zone blueline, then the puck went right back into their D zone. It was groundhog day over and over and over.

BSU scored 3 maybe 4 goals (the thinner kicked in at some point) on shots off the pass, which means D zone coverage was bad. Same look from the MN title game. The goalies have little chance to stop those when they are shot to the right spot off the pass. The first 2 goals were on my boys Kehrer and Peltonen; a bitter pill to swallow.

I don't have a problem with Robbie starting at all. Other than the one play I don't think he was the problem. I think yanking him was lame. They didn't play any better in front of Rowe either, so I'm not buying the old argument "that gives the team a spark". TG has done it SO often over his tenure that the impact is negated, kinda like drinking thinner, right? Years ago a few shots were enough, now I have to drink a gallon for the same effect.

This was the year. They will at best be a bubble team next year.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Teams built like the Badgers are always going to struggle in the tourny. While there was a lot of talented players on the ice, they always struggle against teams willing to work and grind things out along the boards. They hate getting punched in the mouth and tend to back down to teams willing to do it. They need some grit and some grinder on this team, some players who the opponent hate to be on the ice against.

Comment

• Holloway had a goal and an assist on 2/27 in the 7-0 win against OSU. Since that game he's got 2 assists. On to the NHL!

Comment

• In fairness to him, being relegated to the second line wasn’t doing him any favors.

Plus he had a wild point streak ahead of that, more PPG than Caufield for most of the season.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• As good as he was during his hot streak, he was not so good in crunch time down the stretch. I assume he played with the same guys in both stretches. I think his play noticeably declined in the last month.

Comment

• Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
                As good as he was during his hot streak, he was not so good in crunch time down the stretch. I assume he played with the same guys in both stretches. I think his play noticeably declined in the last month.
                Playing with BC and Achan did not do him many favors at all. I was advocating getting him some help.

Comment

• Over the same stretch of games, Achan had 2 goals and 2 assists, and Brock had 3 assists. I'm done bagging on #4. I just can't excuse the play I saw (more importantly didn't see) down the stretch. I'd love to have him back, but that's not gonna happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

I miss the Sauer teams... I have such fond memories of the 80's and 90's Badger programs.
                    Me too! That was my era. Started going to games in 85.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• I agree with you. #4 disappeared in the big games toward the end.

also...what is the worst loss after a promising season?

leaving out the 92 title game of course...

BU 4 UW 1 in 1994 team was loaded with talent: Schier, Zent, Moore, Rafalski, Plante, Spencer, et al

BC 4 UW 1 2000 team had Heatley, Reinprecht, Hukalo, Kuk, Granato, Siren et al

Nodak smoking the 2014 in 1st round 5-2.

Bemidji trappers crushing UW 6-3 today.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• I wonder if Alvarez will now give Granato a 5 year extension because he made the playoffs in year 5 and the team is now finally turning the corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doogity View Post
                          Teams built like the Badgers are always going to struggle in the tourny. While there was a lot of talented players on the ice, they always struggle against teams willing to work and grind things out along the boards. They hate getting punched in the mouth and tend to back down to teams willing to do it. They need some grit and some grinder on this team, some players who the opponent hate to be on the ice against.
                          As a native Sioux-Hawks fan who is also a long-time WI resident and therefore an adopted Badger fan, one if the things I miss with the program is the combination of hard working toughness and high-end skill the Badgers usually have. It doesn't have to be one or the other. It's who you recruit, sure, but also what you require of them once they get here, IMO.

Also, Bemidji is not a soft spot on anyone's schedule. UND fans know that team pretty well, and a lot of them were grateful UND wasn't placed in their region, especially if it was going to be in a rink with lower quality ice, as is too often the case with these tournament venues.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            I agree with you. #4 disappeared in the big games toward the end.

BU 4 UW 1 in 1994 team was loaded with talent: Schier, Zent, Moore, Rafalski, Plante, Spencer, et al

BC 4 UW 1 2000 team had Heatley, Reinprecht, Hukalo, Kuk, Granato, Siren et al

Nodak smoking the 2014 in 1st round 5-2.

Bemidji trappers crushing UW 6-3 today.
                            Gooollee Guber just rub that old salt in the old wounds, but I'll play. Title games loses are are worst because you are RIGHT THERE! I'd say 1992 is #1 and the 2010 loss to BC in the title game is #2. I'll never comprehend how they lost that game with that roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              So, with the Gophers the only Big Ten team left in the Tournament anyone here going to support them or would you rather dissect your own intestines?
                              I have zero loyalty on the men's side. UW or bust. The rest of the B16 hockey teams can go to..........

On the women's side the eastern bias is SO out of control that I have grudgingly rooted for other wwcha teams against eastern teams. Other than Clarkson's run, they are SO o--ver--ra---ted. I will be shocked if Watts beats out all world but lost in the title game to Watts Frankel.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                I agree with you. #4 disappeared in the big games toward the end.

That team may have been loaded, but so was BU, as they played in the title game and won it all the next year with mostly the same crew. Part of BU's "7 FF's in 8 years" run.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X