No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 20-21 Give Us A Reason To Believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 games to go for the trophy. My apprehension lies in their ability to play those 4 games without experiencing the brain fart defense that was displayed against Minnesota. When they do that, the goals come in bunches and there will be no tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      Number one seed and a pretty decent draw in my opinion. Go get it boys!
      Yeah I like the draw. Like srkbadger said, if they play brain fart free hockey they can win it. They can probably overcome 1 mistake. They have been living on the PP to some extent in this run, it is essential that the trend continues, but even more essential to get the 5 on 5 scoring going. I'd be up to pair CC with Holloway. Holloway has the puck on his stick all the time. He will carry the puck in or he will get it after the dump in, CC can get open and score from anywhere. I'd leave the 3rd and 4th lines alone. Achan can play the dirty role on the TPB line (they don't have enough grit). I don't know if the handing works with this or not, I just have never paid much attention to that over the years.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• It seems odd that Granato was not on the selection show. All the #1 seeded coaches were interviewed. Instead they interviewed UMASS the 2nd seed. So either Granato wasn't available or ESPN didn't think that Wisconsin would get the #1 so they didn't bother arranging an interview.

Comment

• Geez UW is a 1 seed in the ncaa's and this thread is a Library during covid. It's ok to be excited even though how the season turned out didn't fit what we, including me, had all thought it would. Let's enjoy the ride.

Comment

• For me, the Minnesota game has put me in a very guarded mindset regarding the next four games. In a matter of a few minutes this team can give up a cascade of goals. Perhaps I've got some PTSD from that second period onslaught. I'll be watching, but I can't get overly optimistic after last Tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Geez UW is a 1 seed in the ncaa's and this thread is a Library during covid. It's ok to be excited even though how the season turned out didn't fit what we, including me, had all thought it would. Let's enjoy the ride.
              After 7 years of mostly letdowns, I think I'm too cautious to get excited. I will say i am interested at this point. And I'll watch and hope they win. But that's as far as it's going with this program for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post
                I like our odds at least for the first 2 games.
                Bemidji is one team I'm glad North Dakota did not draw. They play that frickin' trap and counterpunch all game...if you are not patient, it gets awful frustrating...and God forbid they score first because then they just pack it in.
                License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

• Yeah, I totally get it. The MN game sure put a little damper on the vibes, but they almost won the game on a great comeback, so even though the game sure did look like a game from last year, they didn't fold, they fought back.

Robbie get the start I would assume. I'd come back with Rowe in the 2nd game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
                    Bemidji is one team I'm glad North Dakota did not draw. They play that frickin' trap and counterpunch all game...if you are not patient, it gets awful frustrating...and God forbid they score first because then they just pack it in.
                    Honestly I don't know a thing about any teams outside the B16. I'm pretty sure the last 20 years the parody in the game means there are no cupcake first rounders like there used to be, like when MN played Holy Cross for instance.

Comment

• could Roman Ahcan get an NHL-contract? despite his size?

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Danger View Post
                        could Roman Ahcan get an NHL-contract? despite his size?
                        IDK, I'm not a big Ahcan fan. He had a more impactful year scoring last year, but even on a line with Holloway he hasn't lit the world on fire this year. He has taken less dumb penalties this year, which is a plus and there is never a question on effort, he's always running and gunning.

Comment

• I am alright with the draw. Bemidji got credit for playing a tough schedule and they are a good team that relies on defensive scheme much like ECAC teams (i.e. limit other teams chances) and play fundamental defense with traps and keeping the puck bogged down. They werent on the bubble but were 13 seeded team. Wisconsin needs to focus on puck control out of the corners and good passing to create chances, but also to be patient. Im not super scared of Bemidji's offense if we play solid backside D. The MN game sucked but its in the past...

Also want to see TBakes and Ahcan play smart aggressive D w/o penalties. Also Inamoto...he is a shot blocking machine but sometimes he loses ability to clear or advance the puck out of zone the way he needs to and it led to at least one goal against MN.

I feel Wisconsin's pace/skill will open things up for them after the 1st period. But they do have to step on the gas and not play into Bemidji's trudge in the mud style; have to set the pace. Lights are bright now.

If Beydoun plays lights out and they win, it wouldnt surprise me if he starts 2nd game despite fact the rotation is "set". I look at it as a gametime decision based upon who they would play. Not to get ahead tho. Lets pick up the lunch pail and take care of business on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
                            Also want to see TBakes and Ahcan play smart aggressive D w/o penalties. Also Inamoto...he is a shot blocking machine but sometimes he loses ability to clear or advance the puck out of zone the way he needs to and it led to at least one goal against MN.
                            Yes. They cannot afford stupid penalties.

I like that Inamoto blocks shots, but the pair of him and Vorlicky look bad in the D zone too often, it's like their hockey sense is weak. I can just see Vorlicky spinning around like a top trying to react to a play where he's spinning because he's out of position. They had that great D run when those 2 guys were hurt. Part of me says play those 2 sparingly or split them up.

Comment

• Agreed. I think Inamoto and Vorlicky are a lot better than blue liners we had from 15/16 thru last yr but they still have breakdowns. Need their awareness and hockey sense to be high this weekend. I dont really know yet if people understand how poor our blue liners were until this yr when it seems to have finally clicked. With Kalynuk, Miller, there was such an emphasis on them running point/scoring that it really hampered D development. JD Greenway is another good example. He was brought in bc of his size/pedogree and he ended up livling in the bin cause he couldnt play smart D. And we wasted Kunin and Frederic because of that. The littany of terrible blue liners is extensive. I almost think Oz had nothing to work with and had to wait to get coachable kids in that actually wanted to play D. Ess and Inamoto are the 1st ones that have played a decent D game, it took Peltonen 3yrs to develop, and Emberson had to wait for Kalynuk/Miller to leave. This is the 1st time in 7yrs we have had a capable D. Makes a huge dofference, no?

Comment

• In light of the Tim Peel situation, I’m trying to think of that video of… Shepherd? Schmidt? One of those guys saying he just makes it up as he goes along… who remembers that clip?
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X