Wisconsin Hockey 20-21 Give Us A Reason To Believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

We're waiting, and waiting, and waiting.......for them to open in Tempe also........
    Haha, Sol! Maybe when hell freezes over as well? I believe you are originally from WI or MN? If so, you KNOW there is nothing better than a clear 10°, windless night in your neighborhood hockey rink with REAL wood boards and dashers. That crunch of the skates on ice splitting the air, the stick slapping the puck, and the puck hitting the boards is WAY different on a cold night outside, than a muffled indoor rink.

It's surprising how much you sweat, and even more surprising how much Miller High Life you can pull out of a snowbank and drink at 16 years old. (I was a late starter by our standards).

I can't wait to take a roadie to Tempe once things get back to normal. I'm sure UW will schedule a trip there once per year in mid January.
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 12-02-2020, 10:19 PM.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Whatever enthusiasm momentum there was is dead. The TPB injury, Holloway gone, covid 19 absences and then CC being gone. If they win one game of the next 4 it will be a miracle. The times of the games are stupid - 4:30. I can watch on BTN+ if I get home in time from work, but I can't dvr the game to watch later. I'm not sure if I get ESPN U at all.

And why not postpone due to lack of players? Other colleges are doing that.

And then there's the B17's 21 day quarantine. The CDC is down to 7-10 days under certain circumstances. Why is the B17 standing by a decision made in the dark ages of Covid 19 knowledge? The key to success right now is flexibility, to adjust based on new info and knowledge. *** is going on here?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        And then there's the B17's 21 day quarantine. The CDC is down to 7-10 days under certain circumstances. Why is the B17 standing by a decision made in the dark ages of Covid 19 knowledge? The key to success right now is flexibility, to adjust based on new info and knowledge. *** is going on here?
        Personally, I believe it ties into what happened with their erroneous decision on B1G football. By jumping the gun in the name of "safety" cancelling the season and finding themselves the laughingstock as most conferences didn't fall in line behind them. They caved but grudgingly. So by having over the top protocols they are trying to save face by still harping continuously that it's still all about safety.
        They claim the situation is "fluid" and they are monitoring all situations and changes and that they'll be flexible based on the information. I say bullshi*! As Timothy A pointed out the CDC guidelines are now 7-10 days and the conference has stood fast and not budged from their original hastily contrived rules and procedures and I doubt that they will no matter what the CDC says. I also believe if Delaney were still commissioner things would be much less convoluted for all our sports, the new guy is a moron.
        Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 12-03-2020, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Whatever enthusiasm momentum there was is dead. The TPB injury, Holloway gone, covid 19 absences and then CC being gone. If they win one game of the next 4 it will be a miracle. The times of the games are stupid - 4:30. I can watch on BTN+ if I get home in time from work, but I can't dvr the game to watch later. I'm not sure if I get ESPN U at all.

Yep - They played like a real team for 2 games before the me, me, me, I, I, I team showed up again (they played well in spurts against PSU, but that team was terrible). Agree - 0-4 is the likely result for the next week. We have so many forwards on the recruiting list, we should have brought in 1-3 of those guys.

Socks are now back on. They are also larger from carrying all the b s hype, up to my knees, and heading towards my thighs LOL!
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

Haha, Sol! Maybe when hell freezes over as well? I believe you are originally from WI or MN? If so, you KNOW there is nothing better than a clear 10°, windless night in your neighborhood hockey rink with REAL wood boards and dashers. That crunch of the skates on ice splitting the air, the stick slapping the puck, and the puck hitting the boards is WAY different on a cold night outside, than a muffled indoor rink.

It's surprising how much you sweat, and even more surprising how much Miller High Life you can pull out of a snowbank and drink at 16 years old. (I was a late starter by our standards).

I can't wait to take a roadie to Tempe once things get back to normal. I'm sure UW will schedule a trip there once per year in mid January.
            Not sure that even when hell freezes over we'd have outdoor ice!
            Was born on the border of MN & ND, across the river from Grand Forks, I suspect you've heard of it But folks moved to AZ to thaw out when I was 13.
            I remember outdoor hockey, especially when it got down to -35 F and skates couldn't generate enough pressure to get the liquid water to skate on. Was like trying to skate on a concrete parking lot. We then switched to ice field hockey in shoes. Had to put beer in the snow bank to keep it from freezing!
            Will buy you a San Tan Devil's Ale when you come down!

Comment

• The WCHA has a minimum number of healthy players a team has to have in order to play a game. Does the B7 have that? I think not.

Comment

Whatever enthusiasm momentum there was is dead. The TPB injury, Holloway gone, covid 19 absences and then CC being gone. If they win one game of the next 4 it will be a miracle. The times of the games are stupid - 4:30. I can watch on BTN+ if I get home in time from work, but I can't dvr the game to watch later. I'm not sure if I get ESPN U at all.

Tim...The Big has a 21 day policy because all of the athletes that test positive are required to have both a cardiac MRI and and a lung scan prior to returning to full activity due to the incidence of both of the issues that they're finding in enough of those who've tested positive. And, they're finding that in asymptomatics as well as those who experienced some symptoms.

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post

Tim...The Big has a 21 day policy because all of the athletes that test positive are required to have both a cardiac MRI and and a lung scan prior to returning to full activity due to the incidence of both of the issues that they're finding in enough of those who've tested positive. And, they're finding that in asymptomatics as well as those who experienced some symptoms.
                  This. And I agree with it, honestly. I am of the "we are lucky to have any sports this year" mindset, and especially with this being amateur athletes, if they are going to play (honestly, in my gut, not playing is the true safety answer and I think the Ivys were right to follow that protocol) then they are right to require that extended cardiac testing if kids get sick.

I agree that I wish postponing this series with four players out due to exposure was an option. I am just guessing that since B1G football protocols haven't seemed to allow rescheduling that it might apply the same to hockey? I actually wish that the B1G had pursued a bubble for hockey like the NCHC is doing - especially with kids doing most of their learning remotely anyway. With what we've seen in pro and college football and pro baseball, that seems to be the only way to truly do this all safely without kids getting sick.

These next four games are going to be ugly - this first one already is. But, I will play the homer pollyanna and not blame the team. You simply can't lose five of your top two line guys and beat another fully stacked D-1 team. You just can't.

Comment

• Last week UW women split with Ohio State, today the Men lost to Ohio State. My buckeye wife is giving it to me with both barrels today. Damn it boys win tomorrow please.
                    UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

• I guess there was a game today? ...yawn...
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post
                        Last week UW women split with Ohio State, today the Men lost to Ohio State. My buckeye wife is giving it to me with both barrels today. **** it boys win tomorrow please.
                        I've gone through what you're dealing with, my wife's a Wolverine.

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post
                          No one else is doing that, not even professional teams. Shrugs shoulders.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            I guess there was a game today? ...yawn...
                            I thought the same thing when I happened to look at the results last night. The season is a joke.
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

I thought the same thing when I happened to look at the results last night. The season is a joke.
                              I was one of the few that actually tuned in at the beginning. I bailed at 3-zip and after looking at stats it was 4 - 0 after one. Did Rohlik only skate 3 in the 2nd and 3rd as a mercy rule?

Thinking back, I wonder if WE would be in a different place today, if it was Rohlik instead of Eaves since about 2012/
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

I was one of the few that actually tuned in at the beginning. I bailed at 3-zip and after looking at stats it was 4 - 0 after one. Did Rohlik only skate 3 in the 2nd and 3rd as a mercy rule?

Thinking back, I wonder if WE would be in a different place today, if it was Rohlik instead of Eaves since about 2012/
                                I stuck it out for the whole game. UW played a lot better in the 2nd and 3rd periods and had enough quality chances that they could have tied the game. I don't think OSU had more than 1 great look the last 2 periods and Rowe made the save. OSU got away with a few no calls that may have also changed the tide of the game. I was impressed with the speed and effort in the 3rd period of the boys, you really couldn't tell they were short guys.

Linus is really bipolar. His speed and creativity is off the charts, but yet like to pass the puck to a teammate with an OSU guy all over him. He had one infuriating play in the first period where he got the puck high in the D zone, skated around a bit then proceeded to make a forced pass to a UW guy that lead to OSU hitting the pipe after the turnover. If he can force himself to make the simple play in the D and N zones, he would be outstanding.

I was not in favor of Robbie getting yanked after 1 period. 2 of the goals he had no chance on with sleepy backside coverage. The first goal I think he was screened, hard to tell w/o a replay. Goal 4 was on the 5 on 3.

Surely the legs will be weary today, it's going to be an uphill battle. Maybe they can get a lead and hang on for dear life.

Comment

Working...
                                X