Wisconsin Hockey 20-21 Give Us A Reason To Believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

I will still single out Cole for his lack of interest / intensity on D. He was at the point when the D went low in the offensive zone and he recognized the break out on PSU and was in good position. Puck goes behind our net. He stood around Beydoun and watched the puck as a third PSU attacker came in front and Cole just watched him score. All he needed to do was D that guy up in front and not puck watch and that is not a goal. In a tight game that might have cost us.
    100% correct. Drives me nuts watching the lazy play

In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
    I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Temper the expectations guys. We swept UMD early last year, too.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

They changed that this year. So you need to get the Wisconsin Game Day app and go down to Hockey and find the primary or alternate stream for the listen live.
        Thanks!
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Temper the expectations guys. We swept UMD early last year, too.
          Our eyes are telling us good things. It's not all roses, but still good things.

D pair +/-
          Kerher/Ess +11
          Peltonen/Vorlicky +3
          Inamoto/Emberson -3
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Only 9 forwards in the lineup tonight...

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...8a74ed5ef.html
            WISCONSIN BADGERS
            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Playing like last year tonight. Just terrible defensive coverage and Rowe gets his first action in goal.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                Only 9 forwards in the lineup tonight...

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...8a74ed5ef.html
                Playing like it. Oof. Hope they can turn things around for the second half of the game.

Maybe we should have made ASU practice at The Shell while they were in town the past week instead of letting them get used to our “home” rink.

Comment

Beydoun just pulled after the 5th goal... He looked slow on replays.

Comment

Playing like last year tonight. ASU has 2 goals in four games. 5 goals in 30 minutes and pulled goalie for the badgers. Not his fault. Terrible defensive zone coverage.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Playing like last year tonight. ASU has 2 goals in four games. 5 goals in 30 minutes and pulled goalie for the badgers. Not his fault. Terrible defensive zone coverage.
                      At least 2 of the 5 have been routine stops for Beydoun every other game...

Comment

Should also be noted that we are currently skating 9 total real forwards with Holloway, Pelton-Byce, Baker, Achan, and Mersch all out for their own reasons (oof)... We have two D playing forward. Could explain errors on the defensive side.

Todd posted the starting lineup as such:

Weissbach-B Caufield-C Caufield
                        Gorniak-Lindmark-Stange
                        Dhooghe-R. Donovan-DSP
                        S. Donovan(D)-XXXX-LaMaster(D)

Comment

I haven’t posted it on here, but the coaching staff really had poor personnel management coming into this season. With the amount of uncertainty surrounding this season and know all the Big Ten protocols with COVID, how does the coaching staff manage to agree upon less players on the roster than a normal year. If there are 15-16 forwards on the roster (like there should be) we probably don’t see the situation we saw tonight.

I agree defensive zone coverage was poor but Beydoun and Rowe probably wish they could take at least 3 goals back.
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS
                          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Hi again, boys. I've been holding back thoughts.....until tonight.

Swept a ****ty Ped State team. Swept Notre Dame, who swept MI, who was swept by Notre Dame.

I don't know what to take from tonight's game, but we should not get pounded with 8 goals.

Just not excited.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

One goal on a 4-2 breakaway. One goal happens when two defenders attack the puck just off the net leaving a man undefended on Robbie’s back door.

Didn’t track how bad some of the other goals were, but knowing Granato, he’s outraged at the goalies for the mistakes of the guys in front of them.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                                I agree defensive zone coverage was poor but Beydoun and Rowe probably wish they could take at least 3 goals back.
                                I refuse to blame Beydoun or Rowe. It’s not as bad as what Lebedeff had to put up with, but they aren’t being done a lot of favors. And with Granato’s history of throwing goalies under the bus for stuff they can’t control, I’m giving any goalie suffering under TG a long leash.

Comment

Working...
                                X