No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 20-21 Give Us A Reason To Believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed. The goal taken away from Gorniak was unbelievable that they would call tender interference when the PSU D clearly initiated contact to knock Autio off...but he still recovered and there wasnt a huge opening. The goal against Beydoun was even more deliberate, as the PSU guy crosschecked Inamoto right into him, clearly preventing him from sliding to his right. I suppose we are lucky Limoges somehow didnt get that wrap around in. And hopefully we will get Holloway back tonight too.

I am extremely frustrated that the refs seem to have choked on their whistles during clear penalties. The whole 'let the players decide it' mantra is BS if there is a clear penalty. Have to contain Mn tonight and play smart backside/helpside D. Their pace doesnt scare me as much as their execution. Smart but opportunistic hockey needed tonight.

Comment

• Is Holloway playing or not? No paper has discussed this and I don’t know...kinda of a big deal isn’t it?
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        Is Holloway playing or not? No paper has discussed this and I don’t know...kinda of a big deal isn’t it?
        I assume yes he is playing, or we would have heard already about additional penalties. Todd Milewski thought there would not be additional discipline....
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Ugh. Lots to play for and didn’t show up tonight. One period to pick up the play for the ncaa.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Well, glad I’m not listening to this embarrassment.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Which is a better description of our transition and backside defense, horrible, terrible, or terribly horrible?

Comment

• Nice comeback but D looked like the past 2+ years tonight.

Was Rowe a bit nervous?

When these 2 teams play, all bets are off. However I didn't see a 9 or 10 goal coming.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• The issue to being too passive in the D zone is something new that I haven't seen this year. Usually the flaw is bad transition D. In this case, they were just standing around watching the puck like an over-matched women's team does against the UW women. It was a complete head scratcher. MN was just taking the puck to the net with total aggression and UW's response was not good. I don't blame Rowe at all. The TBP line was -3. TBP seems off to me, there were times where the effort just didn't seem to be there and this is not just based on last night. That line in general other than CC has not been generating much O.

Were they kinda due for a clunker? Yeah, they had been on such a great streak, but to do it in a meaningful game? Yikes. At least this can be a huge motivator/teaching lesson for the ncaa's. They know they need to be all gas and no brake all the time. Look what happened to MN in the 3rd when they go conservative, they almost puked the game up. If they had kept their foot on the gas, UW never would have gotten back to within 1.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• If they are going to learn the lesson, last night was it. When MN started laying on the goal horn, I was surprised how much time and space transition D was giving up. Rowe/Beydoun actually bailed them out a lot in the transition game. What frustrated me immensely was every goal given up outside of the EN was the amount of puckwatching on D. Which of course left the weakside D exposed and resulted in multiple goals for MN. That has to be nipped in the bud immediately in the next week.

TPB line needs to generate O as well. It cant be the Caufield show with no support. I feel like theyve slipped into 'get CC the puck and watch' mode. They need to generate chances outside of CC.

That being said, MN did do a great job on D taking away chances from WI. Gotta realize that every team wants a piece of the TPB line and have to figure out to take advantage of that over aggressiveness.

Comment

• You guys have had a lot of elite players to cheer for over the years, but it is a shame that covid prevented so many fans from seeing Caufield play in person.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                        You guys have had a lot of elite players to cheer for over the years, but it is a shame that covid prevented so many fans from seeing Caufield play in person.
                        Not seeing these guys in person this year with all the success is definitely a shame.

However, I got to see him last year and I b#$%^ed about him coasting on defense back checking and cherry picking alot. I see big improvements there this year, which I think helps make him a much more complete player.

I actually think Holloway is more fun to watch as he will bang in the corners and is a more complete player in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                          I actually think Holloway is more fun to watch as he will bang in the corners and is a more complete player in my opinion.
                          Holloway is a way more complete player. The puck is on his stick way more than CC's. I just wish he had better guys on this line. CC's got a lot to work with on this line.

The Ladies sealed the deal tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on boys, follow suit.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Number one seed and a pretty decent draw in my opinion. Go get it boys!

Comment

• #1 seed
                              First game is against Bemidji State

Comment

• I like our odds at least for the first 2 games.
                                UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

Working...
                                X