Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 off-season thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 off-season thread

    A fantastic season comes to an end a weekend too early. Making it to the Elite 8 of Division I men's hockey after an abysmal season last year is nothing short of a miracle, especially with a team so laden with freshmen. This is not the end but rather the beginning.

    Thanks to the seniors who really showed their leadership all season: Chase Priskie, Scott Davidson, Brandon Fortunato, Craig Martin, Luke Shiplo. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

    Chase Priskie will be remembered as one of the best players to ever wear the "C" in Hamden. The Bobcats were a much better team this year under his captaincy. His offensive prowess from the blue line and on the power play this season was as impressive as I've seen in my time following the team.

    Brandon Fortunato became a dominate player in his short 2 season's wearing the blue & gold. While an injury cut that effort short, his contributions to this season will be remembered for a long time.

    Scott Davidson's crushing blows will be greatly missed. Never a superstar but he knew his role and performed it well,

    Craig Martin was a crafty, skilled forward that was always fun to watch.

    Luke Shiplo, another who's game improved with each season, was fantastic playing on both ends of the ice.

    It will be an interesting week or 2 ahead with the possibility of Shortridge, Rafferty, and Cukste being courted by the pros.

    Thank you Bobcats for an entertaining and memorable season. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this program.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  • #2
    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 off-season thread

    Do you think Shorty will stay?? Seems like a hot goalie market... lot of them making the jump.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 off-season thread

      Originally posted by CLKHockey View Post
      Do you think Shorty will stay?? Seems like a hot goalie market... lot of them making the jump.
      Can't blame him if he does. And, yes, seems like goalies are getting a lot of attention right now.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
      2014 East Regional
      2015 West Regional
      2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
      2019 Midwest Regional

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 off-season thread

        Originally posted by CLKHockey View Post
        Do you think Shorty will stay?? Seems like a hot goalie market... lot of them making the jump.
        I'd be shocked if he stayed. His value will never be higher than it is now. Good chance we are going to be gutted on the back end.
        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


        ECAC Regular Season Champions
        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

        ECAC Tournament Champions
        2016

        NCAA Tournament
        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

        NCAA Frozen Four
        2013, 2016

        https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
        https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 off-season thread

          Brogan Rafferty signs with Vancouver Canucks


          http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...vancouver.html
          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


          ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

          ECAC Tournament Champions
          2016

          NCAA Tournament
          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

          NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

          https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
          https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 off-season thread

            Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
            Brogan Rafferty signs with Vancouver Canucks[/url]
            First hole to be filled...

            Best of luck Brogan!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
            2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
            2014 East Regional
            2015 West Regional
            2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
            2019 Midwest Regional

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
              A fantastic season comes to an end a weekend too early. Making it to the Elite 8 of Division I men's hockey after an abysmal season last year is nothing short of a miracle, especially with a team so laden with freshmen. This is not the end but rather the beginning.

              Thanks to the seniors who really showed their leadership all season: Chase Priskie, Scott Davidson, Brandon Fortunato, Craig Martin, Luke Shiplo. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

              Chase Priskie will be remembered as one of the best players to ever wear the "C" in Hamden. The Bobcats were a much better team this year under his captaincy. His offensive prowess from the blue line and on the power play this season was as impressive as I've seen in my time following the team.

              Brandon Fortunato became a dominate player in his short 2 season's wearing the blue & gold. While an injury cut that effort short, his contributions to this season will be remembered for a long time.

              Scott Davidson's crushing blows will be greatly missed. Never a superstar but he knew his role and performed it well,

              Craig Martin was a crafty, skilled forward that was always fun to watch.

              Luke Shiplo, another who's game improved with each season, was fantastic playing on both ends of the ice.

              It will be an interesting week or 2 ahead with the possibility of Shortridge, Rafferty, and Cukste being courted by the pros.

              Thank you Bobcats for an entertaining and memorable season. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this program.
              Odeen Tufto: in the beginning of the season, he was talked about as a rising star and as the season wore on, he may have been productive but faded towards 2nd half of season, sometimes going 5 games without a goal. He has to get to work with the line he plays on this summer....he is much better than that, even though he was a big contributor to the team's success I am just guessing he was injured sometime after posting hat trick at Maine?

              Look forward to post mortem from QU-AL.....and hope to keep abreast of the happenings throughout the off-season, commits, pro signings, Rand going to NHL or anything else we can argue with LT Satch about........gentlemen, it was a great college hockey season and the ECAC has some great educational institutions and is a bit different than the rest of the country - - people actually pay to get their kids into some of these schools - - wish I knew that was a possibility when I was in college....

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 off-season thread

                Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                I'd be shocked if he stayed. His value will never be higher than it is now. Good chance we are going to be gutted on the back end.
                Goalies who have jumped early have often struggled. I'd love to see Shortridge take the train and I would not be surprised, but I'm not sure there's that much to gain for the team to pull him up.

                For the player, obviously if they call you go.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 off-season thread

                  Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Goalies who have jumped early have often struggled. I'd love to see Shortridge take the train and I would not be surprised, but I'm not sure there's that much to gain for the team to pull him up.

                  For the player, obviously if they call you go.
                  I'm not sure its jumping early either. He's going to turn 24 at the end of the month and has already played 3 seasons.
                  QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


                  ECAC Regular Season Champions
                  2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

                  ECAC Tournament Champions
                  2016

                  NCAA Tournament
                  2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

                  NCAA Frozen Four
                  2013, 2016

                  https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                  https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                  https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                  https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 off-season thread

                    Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                    I'm not sure its jumping early either. He's going to turn 24 at the end of the month and has already played 3 seasons.
                    shorty signed with the sharks - https://twitter.com/Buccigross/statu...75082136940545

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 off-season thread

                      Originally posted by IsThereADog View Post
                      shorty signed with the sharks
                      Confirmed by Chip Malafronte

                      https://twitter.com/ChipMalafronte/s...450877445?s=19

                      Best of luck Shorty!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
                      2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                      2014 East Regional
                      2015 West Regional
                      2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                      2019 Midwest Regional

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 off-season thread

                        Cukste is likely to return from what I have heard. That is a start there.
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


                        ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

                        ECAC Tournament Champions
                        2016

                        NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

                        NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

                        https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 off-season thread

                          Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                          I'm not sure its jumping early either. He's going to turn 24 at the end of the month and has already played 3 seasons.
                          Wow, didn't realize he was that old. That definitely mitigates it. Anyway, good luck to him.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 off-season thread

                            Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                            Cukste is likely to return from what I have heard. That is a start there.
                            If this is true it's the same as Priskie staying this year. Solid senior leadership and strength on the back end.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
                            2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                            2014 East Regional
                            2015 West Regional
                            2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                            2019 Midwest Regional

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 off-season thread

                              Cukste will be returning. Does he get the "C" next season?
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
                              2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                              2014 East Regional
                              2015 West Regional
                              2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                              2019 Midwest Regional

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X