X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackI
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Stay downtown. There are a couple of perfectly fine chains there with lounges and restaurants on-premises, and you can walk to much better dining very easily. There's a Frank Lloyd Wright house that's also within a walk, and that's fun to see if you enjoy novel architecture. The waterfront was renovated a few years back, and it's worth a stroll as well. And of course you have Niagara Falls and the aquarium there. The falls are truly exhilarating right up close. IDK if the Maid(s) of the Mist are operating this early -I doubt that- but Holy God, it's truly thrilling to be inside of American Falls, where the water is so loud that you can't hear yourself think.

Buffalo used to be a s-hole 15-20 years back, but it's a fun town now.
    And the girls... go buffalo. Get tangy downtown!

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    Yep about 1500 less students at PC...

AIC may take the smallest cake in D1 Hockey, less than 1400....
    I thought it was a HAIR over 1400, but either way...

Attendance was up this year for the average run of the mill game...300-some compared to 200 some in years past. (Teams like UMass drew thousands, of course).

Leave a comment:

• NorthMike
    replied
    Originally posted by Darius View Post
    beef on weck
    For sure! Ill probably alternate wings and beef between breakfast lunch dinner.
    Last edited by NorthMike; 04-01-2019, 10:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Visit the HHOF in Toronto.
    My buddy doesn't have a passport so no go on that. Another time.
    Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Stay downtown. There are a couple of perfectly fine chains there with lounges and restaurants on-premises, and you can walk to much better dining very easily. There's a Frank Lloyd Wright house that's also within a walk, and that's fun to see if you enjoy novel architecture. The waterfront was renovated a few years back, and it's worth a stroll as well. And of course you have Niagara Falls and the aquarium there. The falls are truly exhilarating right up close. IDK if the Maid(s) of the Mist are operating this early -I doubt that- but Holy God, it's truly thrilling to be inside of American Falls, where the water is so loud that you can't hear yourself think.

We can't find a hotel downtown this late in the game but will be 5-10 minutes away.
    Originally posted by jericho View Post
    Take Curling lessons on an official Olympic sheet at Buffalo Riverworks. Or watch the roller derby at the same place. Or just eat drink and be merry
    I like this idea!

As for the games I think UMass will handle DU and whomever scores two goals first will win UMD and PC.

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied
    Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Can't wait! Luckily I'll be able to go. But not sure what I am going to do on Friday and Saturday in Buffalo. Suggestions people?
    Take Curling lessons on an official Olympic sheet at Buffalo Riverworks. Or watch the roller derby at the same place. Or just eat drink and be merry

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied

Can't wait! Luckily I'll be able to go. But not sure what I am going to do on Friday and Saturday in Buffalo. Suggestions people?

Last edited by Fishman'81; 04-01-2019, 07:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• theprofromdover
    replied
    Visit the HHOF in Toronto.

Leave a comment:

• 73PCFriar
    replied

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
    Providence is smaller than DU

r
    Yep about 1500 less students at PC...

AIC may take the smallest cake in D1 Hockey, less than 1400....

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    4. PROVICED SHOULD BE KICKED OUT OF HOCKEY RAST
    Clearly, PU will get their desevrings.

Leave a comment:

• Darius
    replied

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    Chicken wings, chicken wings, chicken wings
    beef on weck

Leave a comment:

• NorthMike
    replied
    Chicken wings, chicken wings, chicken wings

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cetihcra
    replied

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Neutral rooting interests:

UMass
    Pros: New blood, having a very exciting year, played an exciting brand of hockey in the regionals
    Cons: Anti-basketball school bias? M*******s?

Providence
    Pros: Only one title, not exactly a blue blood, would be an underdog, would be interesting to see if they can win a tournament game outside New England for a change
    Cons: Anti-basketball school bias, very defensive team (for better and for worse)

Denver
    Pros: Legitimately good team, smallest school there, young coach with a good story behind it
    Cons: Already has a ton of titles, coached by a ginger

UMD
    Pros: Repeat champ? Less offensive than the gophers. A genuinely good team to watch
    Cons: Repeat champ?

For my ranking, I go:
    1. #NewMass
    2. UMD
    3. Denver
    Providence is smaller than DU

r

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

Neutral rooting interests:

UMass
    Pros: New blood, having a very exciting year, played an exciting brand of hockey in the regionals
    Cons: Anti-basketball school bias? M*******s?

Providence
    Pros: Only one title, not exactly a blue blood, would be an underdog, would be interesting to see if they can win a tournament game outside New England for a change
    Cons: Anti-basketball school bias, very defensive team (for better and for worse)

Denver
    Pros: Legitimately good team, smallest school there, young coach with a good story behind it
    Cons: Already has a ton of titles, coached by a ginger

UMD
    Pros: Repeat champ? Less offensive than the gophers. A genuinely good team to watch
    Cons: Repeat champ?

For my ranking, I go:
    1. #NewMass
    2. UMD
    3. Denver

Leave a comment:

• UMD21
    replied

Given the momentum, I figured a NCHC team would be the first to get 10 titles. DU and UND may be one behind, but there’s two of them contending.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X