No announcement yet.

2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Choking in big games is thinking too much rather than tuning into flow. Jeff Jackson knows how to settle his teams down to play their game.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      Mike McMahon at CHN tweeted that his 9 year old picked AIC because “AIC beat Army and Army guys are tough.” Seems logical. I may have to change the way I make my picks.
      My wife said there is always one big upset every year. She just happened to get it right this time
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

I thought I saw a stat tonight that of the last 16 #1 seeds (not overall #1, just the 4 #1s) that lost, 7 were to Atlantic Hockey. AIC would make it 8, after tonight. Makes sense, since chances are they would get those really low seeds.

And woooooooooooo! Will be rockin' my AIC jersey again tomorrow!
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
          According to Clarkson's radio announcer, the Clarkson coaches asked for the play to be reviewed to see if it was offside.
          Yeah I got that. But why did they take so long when the one angle was so definitive?

Doesn’t really matter, just kinda annoying.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Brad Schlossman with an interesting factoid. Clay Matvick did the play by play for Mn - Holy Cross, SCSU - AF and now SCSU - AIC.
            But the goofs weren’t #1 overall
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              I will say the parking for Manchester is brutal
              Municipal parking fees repair pot holes. Parking violations repair lots of pot holes. Thank you for visiting the Queen city.
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

I didn’t get to watch or listen in to games tonight but see st, cloud outshot 3-1 and osu outshot du by a wide margin.

We’re these quality shots? Did scsu and osu carry the play?
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                  Choking in big games is thinking too much rather than tuning into flow. Jeff Jackson knows how to settle his teams down to play their game.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    I didn’t get to watch or listen in to games tonight but see st, cloud outshot 3-1 and osu outshot du by a wide margin.

I think it was pretty even for the first 2 periods of the AIC game, SCSU was crushing in the 3rd, although their goal was a fluke (bounced off an AIC's head into the net).
                    For the OSU game, the faceoff % was more telling. It was 3-1 or more in favor of OSU, IIRC.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      I think it was pretty even for the first 2 periods of the AIC game, SCSU was crushing in the 3rd, although their goal was a fluke (bounced off an AIC's head into the net).
                      For the OSU game, the faceoff % was more telling. It was 3-1 or more in favor of OSU, IIRC.
                      Wow, thanks!
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Wow, thanks!
                        FTR, the AIC-SCSU stream wasn't the best quality (pretty sure it was the cable company; where we were watching, the hosts of the viewing party said even Netflix sucks in their neighborhood), so little details were lost at times. Some freeze-ups and such.

Now....let's go Q and show the hockey world what thugs and frauds ASU is.

Comment

• Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

OSU looked to be better overall but rusty, everything on the offense was off just enough to have every scoring chance go south.
                          One defensive mistake allowed a man to slip in unnoticed for a pass and come in on net unimpeded for the game winner.
                          OSU had one of the best PP's in the country last season and couldn't score on even one of four PP's tonight.
                          It was said last season Killer ran the PP and PP kill and Rohlik took that away from him this season. Bad move!
                          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-29-2019, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            I thought I saw a stat tonight that of the last 16 #1 seeds (not overall #1, just the 4 #1s) that lost, 7 were to Atlantic Hockey. AIC would make it 8, after tonight. Makes sense, since chances are they would get those really low seeds.

And woooooooooooo! Will be rockin' my AIC jersey again tomorrow!
                            Here to laugh at the woooooooooo!

(Until the Mavs decide to follow suit tomorrow)
                            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post

Yeah, we can't say a thing until the Mavs win an NCAA game.
                              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post

That was my one dig at the SCSU fans (they use the Ric Flair Woooooooooooooo! at their games/etc after a win, and I think after a goal). Other than that, I am not contacting any of them, even with condolences, until Sun at the earliest. I know better, and the SCSU fans I'm cool with, it's a matter of due respect.

Comment

Working...
                                X