No announcement yet.

2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Five of those seven are from Minnesota :-/
    And every single one is a current and/or former WCHA member.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

They also had .0001 engraved inside their championship rings > VIDEO

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
        They also had .0001 engraved inside their championship rings > VIDEO
        Lol. I’m not sure if that’s supposed to be a slight or one of those corny motivational things. Either way, *eyeroll*
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Am I the only one frustrated that ESPN puts tournament games on ESPN News?

My cable package from Fios doesn't have ESPN News (it has ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPN U). On top of that, I pay for ESPN+ online.

And I still can't watch these games on ESPN News.

Comment

Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post

My cable package from Fios doesn't have ESPN News (it has ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPN U). On top of that, I pay for ESPN+ online.

Dude it’s college hockey. Be thankful it’s on anything at all.

For many of us, our worlds revolve around it. The rest of the country doesn’t even know it exists.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post

If you get ESPN+, I thought you can stream everything, whether you get the particular ESPN channel on your cable package or not,
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                OSU had only played one game in the previous 27 days, so the rust was not a surprise. OSU looked good for while down the stretch with a 7 game winning streak before playing the Gophers on Feb. 15. Then they took a nosedive and went 1-6-1 to end their season...
                True. And yet I'm not sure that rust was the top factor. Denver was brilliant on defense. Very few quality chances allowed. Few, if any, second chances allowed.

In turn, Ohio State was just as determined to shut down the Denver offense, allowing only 13 shots on goal for the whole game. The Buckeyes did what they set out to do. If you had told me about the shot totals before the game, I would have really liked our chances. But just maybe the conservative game plan made the Buckeye offense a little less potent, thus playing into Denver's hands.

In the end, I believe that our game plan did give us great chance to win. Unfortunately Denver made one tremendous play to flip the result. Live, it looked like the Buckeye defense blundered, simply losing track of the right wing. But on replay, we saw that Denver's #5 came all the way from a Left Defense position to join the rush on the right side. As such, losing track of #5 becomes a little more understandable.

I'd be fascinated to know if sneaking the extra attacker into the rush was an intentional tactic. The pass on the primary assist was so precise, and the timing so perfect, it looked like something Pioneers had practiced. If so, good for them.

Then again, maybe #5 was guilty of a late change, hustled like crazy to get back into position, then partnered in a nice piece of improvisation. We'll never know. The Pioneers are unlikely to own up, and probably shouldn't.

It's a tough memory from a Buckeye perspective. But it was the play of the day.

Comment

I was at both Fargo games last night and like everyone else was expecting SC to roll in the night cap. I was actually hoping they were going to open it up early so I could go somewhere to eat. Ended up staying for the whole thing.

It seemed to me like AIC was playing a different style of D. Being an NCHC fan, I'm used to the physical type of D. What I saw AIC doing was using sticks more than bodies. Sticks in the lanes and sticks in the skates of SC guys. It really tied up the SC offense. If anyone is familiar with their D approach I would love to hear a summary of it.
                  Go Pioneers!

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    And UMD. They even have a book titled .0001
                    Sorry, Eastern Bias Syndrome.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post

You might try a free trial(7 days)of Sling.
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                        I was at both Fargo games last night and like everyone else was expecting SC to roll in the night cap. I was actually hoping they were going to open it up early so I could go somewhere to eat. Ended up staying for the whole thing.

It seemed to me like AIC was playing a different style of D. Being an NCHC fan, I'm used to the physical type of D. What I saw AIC doing was using sticks more than bodies. Sticks in the lanes and sticks in the skates of SC guys. It really tied up the SC offense. If anyone is familiar with their D approach I would love to hear a summary of it.
                        European style, evident looking at their roster.

Sorry for Ohio State’s loss. They could have a rough rebuilding next year, but IMO they were the best Big 10 team the past few years and definitely earned respect. I was more nervous playing them in the semis last year than I was Notre Dame in the championship. They were the tougher team, and they are talented but fly under the radar unlike PSU who everybody hypes up yet they have nothing to back the hype up with
                        I wanna go fast!

Comment

A real shame Minnesota State can't handle playing a mediocre PC team at a neutral site!

Comment

Awful lot of time left, but this is definitely the start Mankato needed.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

I hope that disallowed PC goal doesn’t end up being the difference. Sure, the whistle may have sounded before the puck crossed the line, but that’s about all I saw how you could call it off. It was a quick whistle goalie did not have control.
                              But looking good, Mankato is rolling
                              I wanna go fast!

Comment

3-0 Mankato. I had to miss the first part of this game...apparently so did the Friars.

Comment

Working...
                                X