Travis Roy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Rest easy #24. Have shown the "Travis Roy" stories in my health classes to kids over the years. They learned of his perseverance and his will to continue giving regardless of his misfortune. A few years back attended the (then) annual Commonwealth Classic BU v BC game. His foundation shared the event with Pete Frates. That particular night was the first time he had been back on the ice at Walter Brown Arena. I'm saddened by his loss and am grateful his message will continue. Someday I plan on travel to Vermont to see where his wiffle ball tournament is played with those mini ball fields. He leaves an indelible legacy.
    Everything HR said, from another UNH fan. R.I.P., Travis Roy.

Comment

This (from Kevin Paul Dupont's piece in today's Boston Globe)

Travis Matthew Roy was surrounded by family, including his sister Tobi, in his final moments, said Parker. According to Parker, Lee Roy told him Roy’s sister offered her hockey-loving brother some final words of comfort.

“Just an unbelievable statement,” said Parker. “She leaned into him, knowing it was imminent that he’d slip away, and she leaned in and said, ‘Trav, your line’s up next.’ ”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/10/...uring-courage/
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        This (from Kevin Paul Dupont's piece in today's Boston Globe)

Travis Matthew Roy was surrounded by family, including his sister Tobi, in his final moments, said Parker. According to Parker, Lee Roy told him Roy’s sister offered her hockey-loving brother some final words of comfort.

“Just an unbelievable statement,” said Parker. “She leaned into him, knowing it was imminent that he’d slip away, and she leaned in and said, ‘Trav, your line’s up next.’ ”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/10/...uring-courage/
        I am not crying. You're crying. That is the single most beautiful thing I have read this entire, crappy year. My heart goes out to this family this morning.
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Working...
        X