Travis Roy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis Roy

In remembrance of Travis. What a tragic story and very inspiring at the same time.

Just saw the headlines

Truly a sad day and condolences to Terrier Nation and his loved ones

Thoughts & Prayers to family & friends

RIP Travis
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Sincere and heartfelt condolences from this Northeastern Husky. There are times when neighborhood rivalries take a back seat to the fundamental decency of a particular human being and this is one of them.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

It takes a special person to face what he faced and turn it into a way to help others. I hope that he is feeling the blades under his feet as he skates around a heavenly sheet of ice somewhere. Thanks for making a difference and inspiring so many people.
        Providence College
        National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

It's a sad day for hockey. https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/10/...outputType=amp

Comment

What horrible news to wake up to...mookie can’t stop crying
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
              In remembrance of Travis. What a tragic story and very inspiring at the same time.
              Could not have stated it any better than you did....

Comment

Wow, such a bummer. RIP Travis.

Comment

He was such an inspiration to so many. All of hockey bows its head out of respect for this guy, he was a hockey player but so much more than that he was a person who was able to take his tragedy and turn it into a positive for so many people. He will be remember not for his hockey but for what he did with his life.

Comment

His wiffleball tournament up here in VT has raised $6.5 million for spinalcord injury research.
                    HAS ... because the tournament and its work will live on in his memory.

Comment

Indeed. He took what was a terrible situation and went on to do a whole lot of good. I doubt many of us would have accomplished a fraction of what he accomplished in similar circumstances. His loss is not just a loss to BU hockey, but to the hockey community as a whole and beyond. He will be missed. Much respect from this BC fan.
                      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                      BC - 12
                      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

The best way to honor him today and all the incredible work he did is to give to his foundation https://www.travisroyfoundation.org/ . Travis did so much to help others and it is so tragic that this day has come so early for him. Thank you Travis for never giving up!

Comment

A message from the Roy family.

http://www.travisroyfoundation.org/t...om-the-family/

Comment

RIP Travis.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...01b_story.html

WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

Comment

Rest easy #24. Have shown the "Travis Roy" stories in my health classes to kids over the years. They learned of his perseverance and his will to continue giving regardless of his misfortune. A few years back attended the (then) annual Commonwealth Classic BU v BC game. His foundation shared the event with Pete Frates. That particular night was the first time he had been back on the ice at Walter Brown Arena. I'm saddened by his loss and am grateful his message will continue. Someday I plan on travel to Vermont to see where his wiffle ball tournament is played with those mini ball fields. He leaves an indelible legacy.
                              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Working...
                              X