Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annual thread in which the absurdity of the current regional system is discussed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    The NCAA hasn't said anything yet. The 2020 locations should be announced in mid-April. UMaine submitted bids for 2019, 20 and 21. I really hope Maine doesn't get it. There is no way a regional in Portland will make money without Maine or UNH.
    Probably true... although on the other hand, Portland is not significantly farther from the Boston area schools than Manchester and Portland is arguably a cooler town so you might get some bump from that.

Comment

• Re: Annual thread in which the absurdity of the current regional system is discussed

Attendance in Manchester: 5033 (Friday)
      Attendance in Manchester: 5679 (Saturday)
      2-day total: 10712

Attendance in Fargo: 4220 (Friday)
      Attendance in Fargo: 4248 (Saturday)
      2-day total: 8468

Attendance in Providence: 7180 (Saturday)
      Attendance in Providence: (Sunday)
      2-day total:

Attendance in Allentown: 3763 (Saturday)
      Attendance in Allentown: (Sunday)
      2-day total:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        Brown did NOT bid in 2021 https://twitter.com/markdivver/status/1112051800205639681?s=21
        PC is hosting the 1st/2nd round of the Men’s BB tournament the weekend before which is likely why Brown didn’t put in a bid to host.

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Re: Annual thread in which the absurdity of the current regional system is discussed

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          Attendance in Manchester: 5033 (Friday)
          Attendance in Manchester: 5679 (Saturday)
          2-day total: 10712

Attendance in Fargo: 4220 (Friday)
          Attendance in Fargo: 4248 (Saturday)
          2-day total: 8468

Attendance in Providence: 7180 (Saturday)
          Attendance in Providence: (Sunday)
          2-day total:

Attendance in Allentown: 3763 (Saturday)
          Attendance in Allentown: (Sunday)
          2-day total:
          And as I said before, these numbers are strong enough where the NCAA won't be looking to change anything. Up to the coaches (like Mike Hastings etc) if they want to voice their opinion and push for a different format.

Comment

• Originally posted by dunbar View Post
            Do we know of anyone bidding for 2020 and 2021? Maine was intending to bid for Portland and I thought I had read that North Dakota was looking at Sioux Falls and Fargo again.
            Yale and Sacred Heart have bid to co-host Bridgeport. Since this past season it has been SHU’s home rink.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              Yale and Sacred Heart have bid to co-host Bridgeport. Since this past season it has been SHU’s home rink.
              I thought Fairfield usually bids with Yale to keep Sacred Heart out of it. I know that bid usually has multiple schools involved. Got to think Worcester is bidding
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Is Albany still in the mix? Otherwise it always seems to be the same 4 (Manchester, Providence, Worcester, and Bridgeport).

Would UConn offer up Hartford?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Is Albany still in the mix? Otherwise it always seems to be the same 4 (Manchester, Providence, Worcester, and Bridgeport).

Would UConn offer up Hartford?
                  I was at Hartford for the hoops tourney and that place was a mess for a crowd of 15k plus. Trash everywhere, bathrooms not cleaned etc...
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

My format for next year
                    South region
                    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Norte on Ice
                    Middle East Region
                    Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates-Zayed Sports City Rink
                    South East
                    Taipei, Taiwan- Taipei Arena
                    Central
                    Trinidad and Tobago what arena Trinidad and Tobago country used to practice in D2:Might Ducks
                    Frozen Four
                    North Korea

No one gets home ice advantage. I think we can agree on this. Although if make to the Frozen Four you might not come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus of Suburbia View Post
                      My format for next year
                      South region
                      Middle East Region
                      South East
                      Central
                      Trinidad and Tobago what arena Trinidad and Tobago country used to practice in D2:Might Ducks
                      Frozen Four
                      North Korea

No one gets home ice advantage. I think we can agree on this. Although if make to the Frozen Four you might not come back.

If you beat Dear Leader's favorite team there will be an opportunity to remain as the guest in one of North Korea's state run 'resorts'.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus of Suburbia View Post
                        My format for next year
                        South region
                        Middle East Region
                        South East
                        Central
                        Frozen Four
                        North Korea

The prices for those tickets will be astronomical.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          The NCAA hasn't said anything yet. The 2020 locations should be announced in mid-April. UMaine submitted bids for 2019, 20 and 21. I really hope Maine doesn't get it. There is no way a regional in Portland will make money without Maine or UNH.
                          I'll go to Portland for a regional, we already know Maine won't be in it
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            I'll go to Portland for a regional, we already know Maine won't be in it
                            Maybe the NC$$ will change the rules so any school that bids automatically makes the tournament!

Comment

• Originally posted by elitehockeymind View Post
                              Ideal ncaa tournament format(in my opinion):
                              1st Round top 8 seeds host 2 of 3 series.
                              2nd Round top 4 remaining seeds host 2 of 3 series.
                              Frozen four at a neutral site single elimination just as it is now.

Yes we have to go to 3 weekends but that should be easy to do since there is already a weekend off in the current format.
                              This was exactly how the tournament was set up from the mid 80s until 1991, except with 12 teams instead of 16.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus of Suburbia View Post
                                My format for next year
                                South region
                                Middle East Region
                                South East
                                Central
                                Frozen Four
                                North Korea

Lynah Rink is much too small to host a Frozen Four
                                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X