X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
    I'll be there.
    Of course you will!
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Tough ending, but a great season. Mavs showed a lot of heart battling back. Nathan Davis Smith was great, but others stepped up as well. Walker Duehr was representative of the whole team, playing a strong game after St. Cloud's second goal. The team figured out St. Cloud's forecheck as the game went on, and got progressively better in the faceoff circle.
      Furry, Borchardt, Morton, and Carroll all showed so much more as the season went on. They'll help build a solid base for next year. The future is bright, and it's still a great day to be a Maverick!

Comment

Richter award is a joke. They simply won't give a deserved award to anyone from a "small school". When he breaks Miller's record next year, they will probably put an Asterisk next to the leader because he didn't win a Richter award.

Let me see, heads up against LaFontaine: McKay - 0, LaFontaine - 3.

Arguments against McKay: He plays in the WCHA, he has a really good team that limits shots on goal, that is a stupid argument because we don't know that his goals against average would get worse, I doubt it. All silly arguments.

And as someone on Sioux Sports pointed out, McKay didn't get to play 4 home games against Arizona State to inflate his statistics.

Comment

Congrats on a great season. What an entertaining game, no quit in either team. The SCSU coach called it big boy hockey and he was right. If these teams played 10 times, it would probably be 5-5 with half the games going to OT.

NCAA monkey is off your back. Program is on a great track.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
            Richter award is a joke. They simply won't give a deserved award to anyone from a "small school". When he breaks Miller's record next year, they will probably put an Asterisk next to the leader because he didn't win a Richter award.

Let me see, heads up against LaFontaine: McKay - 0, LaFontaine - 3.

Arguments against McKay: He plays in the WCHA, he has a really good team that limits shots on goal, that is a stupid argument because we don't know that his goals against average would get worse, I doubt it. All silly arguments.

And as someone on Sioux Sports pointed out, McKay didn't get to play 4 home games against Arizona State to inflate his statistics.
            I can't wrap my mind around the idea that the only goalie to make the "Hobey Hat Trick" this year isn't the best goalie. How does that work?
            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Unfortunately different voters but did you honestly think he would win it? We are non east coast, non NCHC. Imagine the type of season a player in our conference will have to have to win the hobey. Won't happen.

Anyone have any info on how this covid year thing works. Do we know who we are losing?
              All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                Unfortunately different voters but did you honestly think he would win it? We are non east coast, non NCHC. Imagine the type of season a player in our conference will have to have to win the hobey. Won't happen.

Anyone have any info on how this covid year thing works. Do we know who we are losing?
                I heard van Os-Shaw entered the transfer portal.

Comment

He did. Heard so much about him before he came here. Just never broke into the lineup. Don't blame him for leaving
                  All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Calgary Flames sign F Duehr to entry-level contract - TSN.ca.

He'll be reunited with Connor Mackey.

Comment

Working...
                    X