MSU Mavericks 2020-21 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double Major View Post
    I was looking for a Huntsville site to post thus but couldn't find one. Someone please pass this along. I've noticed that the UAH Flo-hockey webcasts rely heavily on the use of graphics. The colliding team logos and the "Make-some-Noise" banners are seemingly employed after every whistle, even though there might be something to see on the ice. Their announcers are knowledgeable and easy to listen to, and no more homers than any other team in the conference. But on a whistle, the video immediately cuts to these lame graphics. At Thursdays MSU game the UAH goalie was injured but we got "Make-Some Noise" with a voice over. No video of the goalie helped off the ice, no coaches on the bench, no kids dancing in the stands, no video whatsoever. Same graphics non-stop. C'mon Huntsville you want to stay D-i and I hope you do. Your in-game webcasts need a serious make-over.
    Agreed. The announcer did comment a couple of times that what is on TV is what is on their video board, and it is beyond his control But please, they can't use a couple of extra cameras for the TV broadcast. Looks like it is cheaply produced (which it is).

Comment

Another Maverick made his NHL debut last night. Conner Mackey played his first game for the Calgary Flames.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
        Another Maverick made his NHL debut last night. Conner Mackey played his first game for the Calgary Flames.
        I watched the Colorado Eagles vs. San Diego Gulls AHL game tonight. Ian Scheid was getting major minutes of ice time, and is on their #1 power-play unit. Charlie Gerard is also on the Eagles, but wasn't dressed tonight.
        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Tough loss by the Mavs against Bemidji last night...suppose that was bound to happen after the big victory on Thursday. Also concerned that McKay seems to have lost some of his mojo in the past couple of weeks. We need him in top form for the post season. Mich tech next weekend. I'm expecting two very close games.

Comment

how's Jake Livingstone doing? He's got the same offensice output like Akito Hirose, who's a pursed UDFA

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Danger View Post
              how's Jake Livingstone doing? He's got the same offensice output like Akito Hirose, who's a pursed UDFA
              He's doing well for a freshman thrown into it right from Day 1. I don't think he has the vision that Hirose does on ice, and doesn't look as smooth with the puck. He is willing to jump up into the attack, and has generally made good decisions when doing that. He's more physical than Hirose, but definitely a level below him overall.
              That said, I'm glad he's on the Mavs, and look forward to watching his career develop.

Comment

Just received a nice package in the mail today from Athletic Department. I am assuming all season ticket holders got or are getting it. Includes a Mavericks face mask (that I plan on wearing in Pittsburgh), a deck of Maverick Playing cards and a statement that season ticket information for next year will be released when they know more.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
                  Just received a nice package in the mail today from Athletic Department. I am assuming all season ticket holders got or are getting it. Includes a Mavericks face mask (that I plan on wearing in Pittsburgh), a deck of Maverick Playing cards and a statement that season ticket information for next year will be released when they know more.
                  I got one too.
                  My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

what happened to Lucas Sowder? He was a great freshman last season but played only 6 games this year. was he injured?

Comment

You're rarely going to hear this from a Tech fan, so enjoy the support while you can...

Go Mavs, beat QU!

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        You're rarely going to hear this from a Tech fan, so enjoy the support while you can...

Go Mavs, beat QU!
                        Thanks! No excuses this year. Just time to get it done.

Comment

Well here we are on Friday afternoon. Bemidji just posted a huge and well deserved win, and I enjoyed every minute of it. Maybe LSSU can prevail tonight, which would be great for the WCHA in its final year (presumably).

Anyway, so looking forward to the Mav game tomorrow. The fact that they looked bad last week, combined with one or two WCHA wins today should provide the team with enough incentive to play well and win

I just wish I could silence that little voice in the back of my head that brings up memories of previous Mav NCAA tournament games. One solid win could make those past disappointments vanish!

Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by Double Major View Post
                            Well here we are on Friday afternoon. Bemidji just posted a huge and well deserved win, and I enjoyed every minute of it. Maybe LSSU can prevail tonight, which would be great for the WCHA in its final year (presumably).

Anyway, so looking forward to the Mav game tomorrow. The fact that they looked bad last week, combined with one or two WCHA wins today should provide the team with enough incentive to play well and win

I just wish I could silence that little voice in the back of my head that brings up memories of previous Mav NCAA tournament games. One solid win could make those past disappointments vanish!

Go Mavs!
                            Go out and give 'em the Purple Horns tomorrow!
                            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post

Go out and give 'em the Purple Horns tomorrow!
                              Thanks. And thanks for spanking Sconnie today.

Comment

C’mon. Go out there and make this happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X