MSU Mavericks 2020-21 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
    One of the oddest statistics you will ever see.

After 11 games Dryden McKay's Goals Against Average(.82) is less than his save % (.96)

I don't think I have ever seen that.
    Pretty amazing. This guy's gotta be a finalist for the Hobey Baker, (if they ever pick a goalie again!) Certainly the Richter award.

Comment

Looks like the Mavs are back. Great weekend.

Comment

Lots of chirp from BG fans after last weekend. Funny how a nice big cup of shut the **** up quieted that down. I think I know where the MacNaughton is staying.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          Lots of chirp from BG fans after last weekend. Funny how a nice big cup of shut the **** up quieted that down. I think I know where the MacNaughton is staying.
          Frustration set in on the BG team at end of game. It got quite ugly. Fact is we have a pretty good goaltender, and a pretty good all around team.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
            No fan base chirps, whines, and complains about anything than some Tech fans do. Today's game ending was ugly just like Tech's attacking two BG players a few years ago following a 7-2 thrashing.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post

Frustration set in on the BG team at end of game. It got quite ugly. Fact is we have a pretty good goaltender, and a pretty good all around team.
              As a BG fan, I apologize for the way tonight's game ended. Minnesota State took advantage of every opportunity that was presented to them and BG did not. The Mavericks deserve the 6 points this weekend. I have always respected Minnesota State and the way that they play. Your goalie is also fantastic. He better be a Hobey Baker finalist at the very least.

BG will have to do some soul searching and dig down deep and respond in a positive way next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
                Your goalie is also fantastic. He better be a Hobey Baker finalist at the very least.
                Had McKay played in a different conference, his stats last year would have made him a run away winner. Here's hoping the new CCHA gets more respect.

Comment

Mav's looking very good!

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
                    Mav's looking very good!
                    Impressive victories by the Mavs this weekend. They definitely had their "A" game working this weekend.

I watch a lot of league hockey on Flo Tv and watched a number of BGSU games when the Mavs weren't playing. The Falcons are a very good squad. The Mavs made them look like a second tier team, which they most certainly are not. They'll regroup and get into the NCAA's. Kinda think that Bemidji might get in, too, if they get more consistency.

Anyway, I'm starting to believe this year's MSU team is as good as last year, which is saying a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Major View Post

Impressive victories by the Mavs this weekend. They definitely had their "A" game working this weekend.

I watch a lot of league hockey on Flo Tv and watched a number of BGSU games when the Mavs weren't playing. The Falcons are a very good squad. The Mavs made them look like a second tier team, which they most certainly are not. They'll regroup and get into the NCAA's. Kinda think that Bemidji might get in, too, if they get more consistency.

Anyway, I'm starting to believe this year's MSU team is as good as last year, which is saying a lot.
                      Yes, BG is no slouch (sp?) team, they are good. I think MSU is back the same as last year.

Comment

Tip of the cap from a Falcon - you guys crushed us this weekend.

Any time our programs get together, something special could happen. Looking forward to hopefully getting another shot in a few weeks.

Comment

Excellent group of forwards for BGSU, but I think the blue line is a big difference. I am surprised how good Hirose is, and Zmolek and McNeely are just as solid as they were last year. It makes the game so much simpler if your D and your goalie are that dependable.

Comment

Pretty amazing. This guy's gotta be a finalist for the Hobey Baker, (if they ever pick a goalie again!) Certainly the Richter award.
                            Now that they've added the Richter award, it will be extremely tough for a goalie to take the Hobey. And Cole Caufield is so ridiculously fun to watch, that it would be very difficult to pry that thing away from him at this point. But McKay's stats certainly look like they'd get him the Richter.

But I thought that last year, too. And yes, I'm still kinda bitter about that.
                            Last edited by purpleinnebraska; 02-08-2021, 01:04 PM.

Comment

It was kind of nice, having a Saturday night off from MSU hockey and watch other WCHA teams fight it out. But a terrible weekend for the conference. Bowling Green got swept at home, and all of a sudden they are a tournament bubble team. And Bemidji went into their late season schizophrenia and also got swept at home. C'mon guys we need more than one WCHA team in the tournament next month! its not looking so good at this moment.

I've got another gripe...stay tuned.

Comment

I was looking for a Huntsville site to post thus but couldn't find one. Someone please pass this along. I've noticed that the UAH Flo-hockey webcasts rely heavily on the use of graphics. The colliding team logos and the "Make-some-Noise" banners are seemingly employed after every whistle, even though there might be something to see on the ice. Their announcers are knowledgeable and easy to listen to, and no more homers than any other team in the conference. But on a whistle, the video immediately cuts to these lame graphics. At Thursdays MSU game the UAH goalie was injured but we got "Make-Some Noise" with a voice over. No video of the goalie helped off the ice, no coaches on the bench, no kids dancing in the stands, no video whatsoever. Same graphics non-stop. C'mon Huntsville you want to stay D-i and I hope you do. Your in-game webcasts need a serious make-over.

Comment

Working...
                                X