MSU Mavericks 2020-21 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double Major View Post
    Gotta wonder if BGSU or LSSU AD's called up their D3 opponent and shouted "Yo Adrian!"? (Sorry couldn't resist that one.)
    Eigner called Krug. They go back a ways.

Still got a chuckle, though...

Comment

So the Mavericks just had another series cancelled.

NMU called off the 11-12 December games.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        So the Mavericks just had another series cancelled.

NMU called off the 11-12 December games.
        Yes. Very disappointing. Memo to MSU AD Kevin Buisman: Get on the phone and repeat the following: "Yo, (fill in available hockey school here). Can we Talk?"

Comment

Yes. Very disappointing. Memo to MSU AD Kevin Buisman: Get on the phone and repeat the following: "Yo, (fill in available hockey school here). Can we Talk?"
          I was watching yesterday's football game between BYU and Coastal Carolina, which apparently came together just three days beforehand. If you can do that and move an entire football team and equipment across the country in 3 days, why not have the ability to reschedule a hockey game on ten days notice? Seems doable to me. Just like college football, there needs more flexibility permitted in scheduling hockey games this season.

Comment

I was watching yesterday's football game between BYU and Coastal Carolina, which apparently came together just three days beforehand. If you can do that and move an entire football team and equipment across the country in 3 days, why not have the ability to reschedule a hockey game on ten days notice? Seems doable to me. Just like college football, there needs more flexibility permitted in scheduling hockey games this season.
            You might not want to blame your admin. They were able to work out moving a series with Tech. Over the years Tech has had "challenges" with dealing with that school in Marquette.

NMU hasn't played a single game all year. If I had to guess, they will want to make games up with Michigan schools before they try to make up a game with a non-Michigan school as logistics, covid rules/regs, local TV deals, fan interest,... make things a lot more favorable.

These games are mostly meaningless, but it is nice to have hockey. I hope you can get your games in.

Comment

Mankato is playing Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSoE) this coming Saturday and Sunday. A top 5 DI team vs a middle of the pack DIII team.

Comment

Originally posted by net presence View Post
                Mankato is playing Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSoE) this coming Saturday and Sunday. A top 5 DI team vs a middle of the pack DIII team.
                Well, how about that! If LSSU and BGSU can do this, why not the Mavs? Instead of "Yo, Adrian!" its "Hey Moe, Hey Moe!"

Hopefully MSU can get their young guys some playing time in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by net presence View Post
                  ugh lets hope MSU is in a giving mood for the weekend....middle of the pak ugh again...but at leasy MSOE is playing,2 thumbs up either way..drop the puck.p.s maybe they will have a scoreboard malfunction :-)))

Comment

All the faces in the world are mirrors. What kind of reflections do you see in the faces of the people you meet?
                    professional seo services

Comment

Charlie Gerard and Ian Scheid are currently making their pro debut for the Utah Grizzlies. Gerard has a goal and an assist through two periods.
                      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

any impressions on Akito Hirose? great start - thats what the stats are telling. but what about his defense? skating? grit? hockey iq?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Danger View Post
                          any impressions on Akito Hirose? great start - thats what the stats are telling. but what about his defense? skating? grit? hockey iq?
                          I was very impressed with him at both ends of the ice this weekend.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Michigan Tech with positive covid tests. Another weekend series postponed for the Mavs.
                            https://www.mankatofreepress.com/spo...ba9ae76f8.html
                            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                              Michigan Tech with positive covid tests. Another weekend series postponed for the Mavs.
                              https://www.mankatofreepress.com/spo...ba9ae76f8.html
                              Well, on the bright side of things, we should be well rested when the tournament starts.
                              Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

One of the oddest statistics you will ever see.

After 11 games Dryden McKay's Goals Against Average(.82) is less than his save % (.96)

I don't think I have ever seen that.

Comment

Working...
                                X