MSU Mavericks 2020-21 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU Mavericks 2020-21 Season

Schedule just released. Open with 8 non conference games (all against WCHA opponents). First games Nov 20-21 @ Bemidgi State.

Conference schedule opens Dec 18-18 @ Alaska Anchorage

Thrilled to see hockey back on the radar...hoping for another great season for the Mavs. Don't know if they can possibly achieve last year's success, but the program is in great shape. I'll set the bar high here: Can they get 20 wins again in this 26-game season? Point #2: I really miss Freddy's Puckato blog, especially now that the season is beginning. Guess we'll have to use this forum unless someone from the Free Press steps up and starts a new blog. Pont#3: Travis Roy. An incredible person to persevere and flourish after what he went thru. Rest in peace, and know that your life and your gifts will be remembered.

Go Mavs

Comment

Didn't realize how much I'd miss Freddy's coverage of the Mavs until the other day when I saw SCSU tweet about their captains, and I thought, "I wonder who ours are. Freddy would have had that out by now."
      Oh well, life goes on.

Comment

It is clear that our local hockey coverage will not be the same. Shane was one of a kind and Maverick Hockey was his passion.

Comment

I'm glad it's back but at the same time I don't understand why. Without fans or limited fans it isnt the economic factor it normally is. The cost to have it has to be more then the revenue it's generating. I get that some normalcy is nice but I'd rather seen things just held off til a time when 5000 could be there to see the banner raised.
          oh well. I'm not sure how good this team will be. I'm still suffering from depression not getting to see what last year's team could do. How do we replace all that we lost. They will have to find their game.
          All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Who do Maverick fans consider to be their biggest threat in the last year of the WCHA?

Comment

Bowling Green still has a lot of talent and their coach has a year of experience now. Tech has a couple of good scorers back (The Killer B's) and a highly regarded recruit, and Northern has everyone's favorite PITA returning. But I think it might be the year of the Beaver. With lessened prep time, their system plus the quality defensemen they have in it and good goaltending might be enough to win the conference.

Comment

Based on our Governors latest Executive Order, it appears attendance at sporting events in Minnesota will be limited to 150 people (reduced from 250 in his previous order).

I'm not at all happy about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
                  Based on our Governors latest Executive Order, it appears attendance at sporting events in Minnesota will be limited to 150 people (reduced from 250 in his previous order).

Since I got an email today offering me the opportunity to donate the cost of my season tickets to the program, I kinda figured that meant we weren't going to be attending.
                  My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post

I understand it. I'm just going to be happy watching it on tv on mute. I'll take hockey in any form right now. I'll save $ on booze and food if I'm at home. Plus I don't have to listen to the guy behind me who thinks every action on the ice should have been a penalty, another guy being angry that we kept "icing the puck" on a penalty kill. My tolerance for things like that has deminished over the years.

Some one has to have a man cave with beer on tap who can sell tickets for a at home event. Whose got it?!?
                    All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Well, one of those cardboard cutouts will be representing me at the home games, and I'll be finding out how good/bad FloHockey is.
                      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Per Tech coach Joe Shawhan on his Monday radio show - the upcoming weekend series between the Huskies and Mavericks is now scheduled for Sunday-Monday in Houghton.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Major View Post
                          Thrilled to see hockey back on the radar... I'll set the bar high here: Can they get 20 wins again in this 26-game season?

Go Mavs
                          I'm lowering the bar now: Can the Mavs play 20 games this season?

Comment

Has there been any news about our soon-to-be newest conferenced member, St. Thomas? I notice that both Lake State and Bowling Green have played division 3 Adrian just to pad their NC schedule. Seems to me that the Tommies could play a few games with D1 opponents this year, as exhibition games ( at least Minnesota D1 schools) to get a taste of what's to come next year. I know, I know, its covid, so maybe this is just a pipe dream. Seems like a missed opportunity for them.

Comment

Gotta wonder if BGSU or LSSU AD's called up their D3 opponent and shouted "Yo Adrian!"? (Sorry couldn't resist that one.)

Comment

Working...
                              X