Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ciciec
    replied
    All the faces in the world are mirrors. What kind of reflections do you see in the faces of the people you meet?
    professional seo services

Leave a comment:

• bakdraft21
    replied
    Originally posted by net presence View Post
    Mankato is playing Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSoE) this coming Saturday and Sunday. A top 5 DI team vs a middle of the pack DIII team.
    ugh lets hope MSU is in a giving mood for the weekend....middle of the pak ugh again...but at leasy MSOE is playing,2 thumbs up either way..drop the puck.p.s maybe they will have a scoreboard malfunction :-)))

Leave a comment:

• Double Major
    replied
    Originally posted by net presence View Post
    Mankato is playing Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSoE) this coming Saturday and Sunday. A top 5 DI team vs a middle of the pack DIII team.
    Well, how about that! If LSSU and BGSU can do this, why not the Mavs? Instead of "Yo, Adrian!" its "Hey Moe, Hey Moe!"

Hopefully MSU can get their young guys some playing time in this game.

Leave a comment:

• net presence
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Originally posted by Double Major View Post

I was watching yesterday's football game between BYU and Coastal Carolina, which apparently came together just three days beforehand. If you can do that and move an entire football team and equipment across the country in 3 days, why not have the ability to reschedule a hockey game on ten days notice? Seems doable to me. Just like college football, there needs more flexibility permitted in scheduling hockey games this season.
    You might not want to blame your admin. They were able to work out moving a series with Tech. Over the years Tech has had "challenges" with dealing with that school in Marquette.

NMU hasn't played a single game all year. If I had to guess, they will want to make games up with Michigan schools before they try to make up a game with a non-Michigan school as logistics, covid rules/regs, local TV deals, fan interest,... make things a lot more favorable.

These games are mostly meaningless, but it is nice to have hockey. I hope you can get your games in.

Leave a comment:

• Double Major
    replied

Yes. Very disappointing. Memo to MSU AD Kevin Buisman: Get on the phone and repeat the following: "Yo, (fill in available hockey school here). Can we Talk?"
    I was watching yesterday's football game between BYU and Coastal Carolina, which apparently came together just three days beforehand. If you can do that and move an entire football team and equipment across the country in 3 days, why not have the ability to reschedule a hockey game on ten days notice? Seems doable to me. Just like college football, there needs more flexibility permitted in scheduling hockey games this season.

Leave a comment:

• Double Major
    replied
    Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    So the Mavericks just had another series cancelled.

NMU called off the 11-12 December games.
    Yes. Very disappointing. Memo to MSU AD Kevin Buisman: Get on the phone and repeat the following: "Yo, (fill in available hockey school here). Can we Talk?"

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    So the Mavericks just had another series cancelled.

NMU called off the 11-12 December games.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    Gotta wonder if BGSU or LSSU AD's called up their D3 opponent and shouted "Yo Adrian!"? (Sorry couldn't resist that one.)
    Eigner called Krug. They go back a ways.

Still got a chuckle, though...

Leave a comment:

• Double Major
    replied
    Gotta wonder if BGSU or LSSU AD's called up their D3 opponent and shouted "Yo Adrian!"? (Sorry couldn't resist that one.)

Leave a comment:

• Double Major
    replied
    Has there been any news about our soon-to-be newest conferenced member, St. Thomas? I notice that both Lake State and Bowling Green have played division 3 Adrian just to pad their NC schedule. Seems to me that the Tommies could play a few games with D1 opponents this year, as exhibition games ( at least Minnesota D1 schools) to get a taste of what's to come next year. I know, I know, its covid, so maybe this is just a pipe dream. Seems like a missed opportunity for them.

Leave a comment:

• Double Major
    replied
    Thrilled to see hockey back on the radar... I'll set the bar high here: Can they get 20 wins again in this 26-game season?

Go Mavs
    I'm lowering the bar now: Can the Mavs play 20 games this season?

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Per Tech coach Joe Shawhan on his Monday radio show - the upcoming weekend series between the Huskies and Mavericks is now scheduled for Sunday-Monday in Houghton.

Leave a comment:

• MavsFan
    replied
    Well, one of those cardboard cutouts will be representing me at the home games, and I'll be finding out how good/bad FloHockey is.

Leave a comment:

• MavsFan19
    replied
    Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
    Based on our Governors latest Executive Order, it appears attendance at sporting events in Minnesota will be limited to 150 people (reduced from 250 in his previous order).

I'm not at all happy about this.
    I understand it. I'm just going to be happy watching it on tv on mute. I'll take hockey in any form right now. I'll save $ on booze and food if I'm at home. Plus I don't have to listen to the guy behind me who thinks every action on the ice should have been a penalty, another guy being angry that we kept "icing the puck" on a penalty kill. My tolerance for things like that has deminished over the years.

Some one has to have a man cave with beer on tap who can sell tickets for a at home event. Whose got it?!?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X