Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

I saw Joe down at the US Nationals U16/U18 tournaments in Grand Rapids yesterday. Lot of coaches and assistants there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      I saw Joe down at the US Nationals U16/U18 tournaments in Grand Rapids yesterday. Lot of coaches and assistants there.
      Was that at Southside or Georgetown? My connection saw a Tech assistant at Southside today. Glad they're out there taking care of business.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
        Was that at Southside or Georgetown? My connection saw a Tech assistant at Southside today. Glad they're out there taking care of business.
        I saw him at Southside in the first half of the afternoon. There are 2 ice sheets there; I think only 1 at Georgetown. Probably a lot of back and forth going on. Round Robin play ends today. I think the remaining games over the weekend (and Monday finals) may be at Southside. Yesterday was the only day I had time to go and watch some Round Robin games and that was only for a small part of the day.

Comment

Anyone think we can now schedule Miami for a non-con?

Teams would like to see in the future years play the Huskies:

UMD, UMASS, Providence, Niagara, Minny, Quinnipiac, and Notre Dame
          Last edited by Huskiefan906; 04-06-2019, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
            Er, didn't our previous coach ask for a 2-for-1 if we wanted him to grace our building with his presence again? I don't see why we should expect anything from Chris Bergeron.

If we want home non-conference games, we should find a donor who will pay to charter flights for our visitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
              Teams would like to see in the future years play the Huskies:
              UMD, UMASS, Providence, Niagara, Minny, Quinnipiac, and Notre Dame
              Though may not help Tech's RPI, I'd like to schedule RPI

Maybe a mix with NMU and Union

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                Though may not help Tech's RPI, I'd like to schedule RPI

Maybe a mix with NMU and Union
                That might be a way to get more non-conference games to the UP. Working with NMU to get teams up would be similar to what Clarkson and St. Lawrence do to get teams to upstate New York. Whatever you guys and NMU do to get more home non-conference games should be explored.

Comment

We've talked about it on the board before, I can't imagine the idea hasn't been floated. Maybe the kitty cats aren't interested in partnering.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    We've talked about it on the board before, I can't imagine the idea hasn't been floated. Maybe the kitty cats aren't interested in partnering.
                    I believe, based on the last JSH, that they administration is investigating this thoroughly.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      I believe, based on the last JSH, that they administration is investigating this thoroughly.
                      What was said on the JSH show I missed?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                        What was said on the JSH show I missed?
                        All of the shows are archived on Michigan Tech's website. www.michigantechhuskies.com

Click on sports, then hockey. They are all there for you on what date they aired.
                        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

I would like to see Tech play Air Force. They used to make the trip to the Springs to play CC and this would be no different. There is a very passionate fan base in the Fort Collins, Denver and Springs area, so the Tech turnout would be good. And Air Force has a small, but neat area. I mean, where else can you watch hockey in an arena with satellites hanging from the ceiling and armed airmen with dogs patrolling from the rafters. Maybe they would send a plane for us???
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Today is Michigan Tech's "Day of Giving". One day to raise a bunch of money. You can select what area you want your money to go to. Starting amount is $5.00 - if everyone gave that they would reach their goal. So $10.00, $20.00, etc goes a lot further to cover the slackers. One day only. DO IT NOW!

https://give.mtu.edu/giving-day/1426...m_nooverride=1

Sorry, you'll have to cut and paste.
                            Last edited by huskyfan; 04-11-2019, 10:15 AM.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              if everyone gave that they would reach their goal.
                              Who's "everyone"? Everyone on the planet, or...

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                                Who's "everyone"? Everyone on the planet, or...
                                alumni, staff, friends, parents, community members, etc.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Working...
                                X