Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 ECAC Championship Weekend in Lake Placid

Originally posted by johnk View Post
    I think you were counting Fridays attendance twice. The total was slightly over 10,000 for the weekend.
    You are correct there once I compared how they came up with previous numbers totals I seen they did the semis as one and not to separate games so this years numbers were 10,300 and that was with a storm that keep some fans away Friday.

Comment

was this done during this season and could you lead me in the right direction please

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
        I don't think the tournament is going anywhere anytime soon. The attendance figures have been solid and have continued to go up steadily every year. The arena seats less than half what the arena in Albany seats and is perfect for the turnout figures for the tournament, which have been pretty steady for more than the past 10 years. I think, as long as Lake Placid wants to continue to host the tournament, then it's theirs to keep. The commissioners statement of "I think ECAC hockey has finally found its home" seems to back this up.
        . I sure hope that you are right that the tournament is here for many years to come. I truly believe as well the ECAC has found a home there. My fear is just that I have heard a couple scernincos on what they were looking at doing with the tournament as far as moving it. With these rumors and no announcement during tournament weekend that they were coming back has me nervous. The last time there contract ran out for the 2014-2016 contract it was in the local paper the day after the tournament that they were return for 2017-2019 so lets hope they are returning.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
          That said, from a fan experience, Lake Placid is always special. It's a destination, of sorts. They make the event feel important, and there's enough to do for free time. It always felt like an after-thought in Albany, IMO. The olympic sheet may not be ideal, but that is on a short list of "negatives" for Lake Placid, personally.
          I think Lake Placid is a very good location. Albany is more practical and has more (and more reasonable) accommodations, but otherwise Lake Placid is a far more special place.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by CLKHockey View Post
            I didn't watch the presser but i saw most all of his remarks quoted, if you referring to his remarks about "i have to decide if i wan't to keep being a college hockey coach or not," i think he meant he had to choose his words wisely about the ECAC officiating, and the choices the refs made in this game about the net falling on his goalie. Because what he really wanted to say probably would cast a poor light on the ECAC and possibly Cornell... That was kind of my interpretation, I could be way off..
            From this article, the quote is actually this ...

"The million dollar question is, do I want to coach in the NCAAs or not coach in the NCAAs?" Schafer started. "So I'll answer that question (about officiating) very carefully ...
            https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-a-Fitting.php

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyFanClub View Post
              From this article, the quote is actually this ...

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-a-Fitting.php
              Cool lol... i was referring to the phrase from memory, and my point still stands regardless. Thanks for the correction, though.

Comment

Originally posted by CLKHockey View Post
                Where are you able to see it? Would like to watch it. Can't find it on youtube.
                I couldn't see it until today, frustrating, you can see it now on the ECAC-NCAA thread. Post #22 by "Is There A Dog".

Looked like a hit from behind by the Cornell player to me, and his knee got bent back. I think the whistle should have blown the play dead on Galadja's injury, he couldn't move. In another post the explanation given was the goal was still on it's pegs so you don't blow the whistle. Had nothing to do with the winning goal but caused Galadja to injure himself.
                Last edited by sshablak; 03-29-2019, 09:22 AM.
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Hey everyone I heard this week that the reason we haven’t heard anything on the ecac championship is that lake placid put into to have the regionals. I have been told if this is so and they get the bid that they are not allowed to have the conference championship as well. Does anyone know if that is true. Also weren’t they suppose to announce the regionals this week for the next two years

Comment

Originally posted by kcphotovideo View Post
                    Hey everyone I heard this week that the reason we haven’t heard anything on the ecac championship is that lake placid put into to have the regionals. I have been told if this is so and they get the bid that they are not allowed to have the conference championship as well. Does anyone know if that is true. Also weren’t they suppose to announce the regionals this week for the next two years
                    It was stated that they would be announced Thursday or Friday, so I guess we wait until tommorow. First I have heard about a Placid regional.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

A regional on an Olympic sheet? Would the NCAA even allow that?
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                        A regional on an Olympic sheet? Would the NCAA even allow that?
                        the ncaa rules give a minimuim rink size for tournament games along with a max size and the max size is the olympic sheet. Also remember people the difference between the two sheets is the olympic sheet is 15 feet longer

Comment

• Originally posted by kcphotovideo View Post
                          the ncaa rules give a minimuim rink size for tournament games along with a max size and the max size is the olympic sheet. Also remember people the difference between the two sheets is the olympic sheet is 15 feet longer
                          Actually 15 feet wider, not longer.

Comment

There are more differences than the width and length of the ice sheet, much more room behind the nets .

International
                            Hockey rinks in most of the world follow the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) specifications, which are 60.0 by 30.0 metres (197 ft × 98.4 ft) with a corner radius of 8.5 metres (28 ft).

The two goal lines are 4.0 metres (13.1 ft) from the end boards, and the blue lines are 22.86 metres (75.0 ft) from the end boards.[2]

North American
                            Most North American rinks follow the National Hockey League (NHL) specifications of 200 by 85 feet (61 m × 26 m) with a corner radius of 28 feet (8.5 m).[3] Each goal line is 11 feet (3.4 m) from the end boards. NHL blue lines are 75 feet (23 m) from the end boards and 50 feet (15 m) apart.[4]
                            Last edited by LTsatch; 04-20-2019, 12:20 AM.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by kcphotovideo View Post
                              Wider, definitely not longer lol.....

Comment

Working...
                              X