Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the Whistle
    replied
    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Agreed; so glad that none of our blue liners left early. And, I like our goalies. Likewise, will miss watching BvR putting in a full four years as a Cat, although good that he outdid his older bros by earning a degree.

Any predictions on the line composition early in the season? Besides our Swede, which frosh will get ice time up front this season?

And, can we improve on eighth from last regular season?
    Thanks for the reply, I was about ask if you were just chumming? Thought I tossed out some honest questions and then some hockey related observations. Guess in will have to wait until September for everyone's hockey juices to start.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
    Okay, let's get rolling!
    Any word on our friend from Sweden's eligibility and when?
    I am projecting 105 goals scored this year. Up 15 from last years total of 90. Lots of improvement and stepping up but we will feel the loss of BVR in many roles. Loved his PK and the long reach.
    could be the best 6 on D in a long time!
    Tied 9 games last year...win 5 and we are decent!
    Agreed; so glad that none of our blue liners left early. And, I like our goalies. Likewise, will miss watching BvR putting in a full four years as a Cat, although good that he outdid his older bros by earning a degree.

Any predictions on the line composition early in the season? Besides our Swede, which frosh will get ice time up front this season?

And, can we improve on eighth from last regular season?

Leave a comment:

• After the Whistle
    replied
    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Thanks for posting this link, msprice.

Gotta pick up the pace here if we are to complete 1000 posts before start of new season.
    Okay, let's get rolling!
    Any word on our friend from Sweden's eligibility and when?
    I am projecting 105 goals scored this year. Up 15 from last years total of 90. Lots of improvement and stepping up but we will feel the loss of BVR in many roles. Loved his PK and the long reach.
    could be the best 6 on D in a long time!
    Tied 9 games last year...win 5 and we are decent!

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by msprice View Post
    Great article about Pots and his time with the Calder Cup.

https://deadspin.com/the-ahl-playoff...the-1837614256
    Thanks for posting this link, msprice.

Gotta pick up the pace here if we are to complete 1000 posts before start of new season.

Leave a comment:

• msprice
    replied

Great article about Pots and his time with the Calder Cup.

https://deadspin.com/the-ahl-playoff...the-1837614256

Leave a comment:

• e.cat
    replied
    Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
    Yes but still a very unfortunate turn for coach and all. If passion sold by the pound the guy would be a multimillionaire.
    Agree. Very unfortunate. Hope he kicks the feckin arse out of whatever is going on. If anybody can, he can I suspect

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to a very likeable guy who quite literally saved his program AND got a brand new stadium built as a result. It is terrible timing (not that one has control of these things), which probably underscores the serious nature of whatever has developed here.

Leave a comment:

• After the Whistle
    replied

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    Saw that news this morning. Wish Coach Mac well

I think Ricky will be fine at the helm.
    Yes but still a very unfortunate turn for coach and all. If passion sold by the pound the guy would be a multimillionaire.

Leave a comment:

• e.cat
    replied
    Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
    Coach Mac taking a leave of absence for health reasons. Santos taking over in the interim. Came out in a UNH email today. No additional details.
    Saw that news this morning. Wish Coach Mac well

I think Ricky will be fine at the helm.

Leave a comment:

• wildcatdc
    replied

Coach Mac taking a leave of absence for health reasons. Santos taking over in the interim. Came out in a UNH email today. No additional details.

Leave a comment:

• After the Whistle
    replied

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
    Get well quickly, Coach McDonnell.

Good luck, Coach Ricky.
    dc
    I apparently missed some big news! If coach Mac is being replaced (even short term), and there is no game for a week and a half, he must have something very significant going on. Please share.

Leave a comment:

• wildcatdc
    replied

Get well quickly, Coach McDonnell.

Good luck, Coach Ricky.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Although I only have partaken in drinks and meals there (Sunday brunch is awesome!), I endorse the Three Chimneys, the oldest building in Durham, originally built in 1694. As a teenager, I was chief landscaper (aka, lawnmower boy; my crew consisted of me and my younger brother) for its previous iteration, the Ffrost Homestead. Later, a friend and his wife rented the entire house for just the two of them when he was a grad student at UNH, for $150/month, IIRC. Great memories. :-)

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, was looking for a cheap place to sleep as I wouldn't get there until after the game then either hang around town or head home in the morning.
    Ive stayed at the 3 chimneys Inn...very nice place! Regardless if you want to stay in Dham...I'd suggest you make your reservations soon; esp for that weekend. Just thinking there will be lots of people in town for that series...

Leave a comment:

• Ned Braden
    replied

Looks like no hockey on the World Wide Streamer this season....

Through the University of New Hampshire's partnership with ESPN, the Worldwide Leader in Sports, UNH will stream a total of 30 contests on ESPN3 and ESPN+, featuring the Wildcats men's and women's basketball, men's soccer, women's soccer and volleyball programs.
    https://unhwildcats.com/news/2019/8/...spn3-espn.aspx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X