Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

    Minnesota State are the Columbus Blue Jackets of college hockey. Can never make it past the first round.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

      Originally posted by Bill View Post
      Yep, and he was +3 overall for the game.
      And another goal tonight.

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

        Glad our Lakers weren't first round choke artists when Frank Anzalone and Jeff Jackson led us during our glory years.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

          How pleasant both WCHA teams were knock out of the tournament on the same day .

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
            I donít usually like to take joy in otherís misery but Iíll make an exception today. Minnesota State now knows how it feels to lose an important game because a review gives them a major penalty that leads to multiple goals being scored against them. Karma.
            No....no....no

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
              No....no....no
              I agree. WCHA really needed some NCAA tournament wins and failed. Is not good for the WCHA to keep laying goose eggs year after year. Minnesota State eventually has to shake off the first round choker label.
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

                Diego Cuglietta still has the college hockey goal scoring lead heading into the Frozen Four by two goals.
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

                  Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                  Diego Cuglietta still has the college hockey goal scoring lead heading into the Frozen Four by two goals.
                  Lukosevicius at Denver or Wilkins with Providence would have to score 6 goals each to tie or 7 to beat Diego. The rest of the players are out of the race.

                  And the chances of anyone beating Diego is slim since either team has 1 or 2 games to play.
                  LSSU Alumni & Fan.

                  Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

                    Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    I agree. WCHA really needed some NCAA tournament wins and failed. Is not good for the WCHA to keep laying goose eggs year after year. Minnesota State eventually has to shake off the first round choker label.
                    Seriously. Year after year everyone gives the WCHA **** about being a bad conference, yet teams within the conference cheer when their two member schools lose in the first round. We should be cheering them on to show just how good the conference is/can be.
                    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

                    Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

                      There is always next year .

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

                        Of the four forwards coming in next season, Niko Esposito-Selivanov has now completed his last season of junior hockey. In 50 regular season games for Cowichan Valley (BCHL), he had 19 goals and 21 assists for 40 points. In 10 playoff games, he had 4 goals and 8 assists for 12 points. The other three forwards are still playing in either league playoffs or the regular season.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

                          Originally posted by Deman View Post
                          Seriously. Year after year everyone gives the WCHA **** about being a bad conference, yet teams within the conference cheer when their two member schools lose in the first round. We should be cheering them on to show just how good the conference is/can be.
                          I was cheering for Bowling Green. There is lots to like about them with the Mason and CCHA connections. Not as much to like about Minnesota State who thinks they are too good for our league only to have them lose early all of the time in the NCAAs. It's no wonder the NCHC didn't want them.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

                            Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                            I was cheering for Bowling Green. There is lots to like about them with the Mason and CCHA connections. Not as much to like about Minnesota State who thinks they are too good for our league only to have them lose early all of the time in the NCAAs. It's no wonder the NCHC didn't want them.
                            It's not a case of Minnesota State thinking they are too good for the WCHA. It's a case of Minnesota State thinking that geographically it makes more sense for them to be in the NCHC, and they're right.
                            Last edited by Bill; 04-01-2019, 05:53 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

                              Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              It's not a case of Minnesota State thinking they are too good for the WCHA. It's a case of Minnesota State thinking that geographically it makes more sense for them to be in the NCHC, and they're right.
                              A little Column A and a little Column B

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

                                Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                It's not a case of Minnesota State thinking they are too good for the WCHA. It's a case of Minnesota State thinking that geographically it makes more sense for them to be in the NCHC, and they're right.
                                Oh it's very much the case, especially with their fans.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X