This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    Yeh🤔. There's 4 games no one will go to.
    No offense to the teams meant but attendance is rediculous anyway for out of conference games against ranked teams.
    I don’t understand why they have gotten away from weekends with one home game. It’s a shame to only have three home weekends the first half of the season.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      I don’t understand why they have gotten away from weekends with one home game. It’s a shame to only have three home weekends the first half of the season.
      Preferably not bunching them into the 2nd half or too many during school breaks. Suppose having a light first half home schedule is by design to try and not have too many home games between football and hockey? Ease off on the local fans support.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Greg Moore and Chicago Steelers play tonight in cup finals, down 2-0 in best of 5 series.

Comment

[QUOTE=dunbar;6807363]So through the Alfond ice time google calendar, it appears that home dates have been set.

Su 10/6 4pm (Exhibition)
          F 10/11 Alaska Anchorage
          S 10/12 Alaska Anchorage
          F 11/1
          S 11/2
          F 11/15
          S 11/16
          Su 12/29 4pm (has Maine ever been home between Christmas and New Years?)
          F 1/3 Omaha
          S 1/4 Omaha
          S 1/11
          F 1/31
          S 2/1
          F 2/7
          F 2/14
          S 2/15
          F 2/21
          S 2/22
          F 3/6

*Edited to reflect changes.[/QUOTE ] Well good info to know ahead, especially when setting up rooms....I would assume that there maybe changes down the line on some of these dates....but handy info this early on...THANKS.

Comment

One of the defensemen bailed, I guess?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
              One of the defensemen bailed, I guess?
              Looking like its Binner. He's headed back to Sweden. Appears we will be in for a new-look D corps this upcoming season.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                Looking like its Binner. He's headed back to Sweden. Appears we will be in for a new-look D corps this upcoming season.
                When did this come about..? Recently or was this something that happen after the season and just waited till school was over..? Can't wait to hear RG's explanation...same old same old....

Comment

I guess I'll answer my own question...Binner signs a Pro Contract in Sweden......oh well, that's hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    I guess I'll answer my own question...Binner signs a Pro Contract in Sweden......oh well, that's hockey.
                    Hes not pro stuff yet. Another year of d1 could have helped. Oh well.

Reds ship is taking on water.

Comment

Binner was noticeable only because he made so many mental mistakes.

He won't be missed. He was never anywhere near being a good D-man at this level, IMO.

Comment

• So the one with the most game experience in a Maine uni is Butala, who will be a sophomore. Should be interesting. I wasn’t a big fan of the defense we had last season. So maybe getting new guys in will be good. I was happy with how Sirota played. If we get more defensemen like Sirota it would be great. Butala was steady but needs to cut down on the penalties. I didn’t get to see Spicer much, maybe he will get more playing time. Maybe either Bisson or Gould comes in next season?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          So the one with the most game experience in a Maine uni is Butala, who will be a sophomore. Should be interesting. I wasn’t a big fan of the defense we had last season. So maybe getting new guys in will be good. I was happy with how Sirota played. If we get more defensemen like Sirota it would be great. Butala was steady but needs to cut down on the penalties. I didn’t get to see Spicer much, maybe he will get more playing time. Maybe either Bisson or Gould comes in next season?
                          This article certainly suggests that Bisson will be on campus for 2019-20:

https://www.ottawajuniorsenators.com...rsity-of-maine

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            Binner was noticeable only because he made so many mental mistakes.

He won't be missed. He was never anywhere near being a good D-man at this level, IMO.
                            Could very well be a long painful season on the back end for Maine....Swayman will see a lot of rubber this up coming season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              Could very well be a long painful season on the back end for Maine....Swayman will see a lot of rubber this up coming season.
                              I haven’t been on here in a while, so forgive me if this is old news, but Jordan Greenway’s younger brother is transferring in to Orono as a D man. Also a new goalie coming in who should be capable of taking some of the load off of Swayman. This will be Sway’s last year at Maine IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                                I haven’t been on here in a while, so forgive me if this is old news, but Jordan Greenway’s younger brother is transferring in to Orono as a D man. Also a new goalie coming in who should be capable of taking some of the load off of Swayman. This will be Sway’s last year at Maine IMHO.
                                J. D. Greenway - 3rd round pick (#72) of TML. Two years of eligibility left.

Comment

Working...
                                X