Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 NCAA Tournament Bracketology

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Bracketology

    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Given that at large selections and seeding are very reliably predicted (since the NCAA has not veered from the formula in as long as I’ve been paying attention), bracketology seems more appropriate here than it would be on some bouncyball forum.
    At this point in the process the Pairwise is about 85% accurate on who will make the field. After this weekend it will be down to a handful of teams that still have a chance. Bracketology is a good indication of who will end up where and it is useful to have discussions like the UMass to Manchester or Providence discussion now so we've already hashed out the question ahead of time. Plus, it increases the chatter about college hockey which is kinda the point of this forum.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Bracketology

      Sioux with a 19% chance of getting in. Going to be a tough run especially if the bubble shrinks. Clearest path is winning out and I don't see that happening.
      Go Pioneers!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by SCSUBlackandRed View Post
        Jim Dahl's forecast has them moving up as high as #10 with a sweep this weekend but they could be as low as #16 as well. But if they were to win out, definitely thinking they'd be at #12 or better. SCSU still goes to Fargo to play the Sioux essentially at home.
        But centered around #14. A subsequent loss, even after a sweep, would push them back down from there. 3 wins and a loss and we might be talking about UND as a bubble team.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Has to do with Quinnipiac and Providence. Amherst to Providence and Manchester is basically the same. But if you can get QU and PC to Providence, great. Just a way of maximizing attendance.
          I get that too an extent when QU and UMass were both 1 seeds. Minimize travel for both schools. Sure. I also get wanting PC in providence and that UMass and PC can’t play in the first round, and I also appreciate trying to protect UMass as the 2 overall and not risking the same fate Miami and Denver had in 2015. But even when PC was struggling earlier this season on the wrong side of the bubble and QU fell to a 2 seed, UMass was still in Manchester. The USCHO bracketology kept saying “This was done by distance and nothing else.” Do they have a map?
          #NewMass

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Bracketology

            I like the potential CC/NewMass match up in the first round. Before it's a reality the kitties have some more work to do.
            Go Pioneers!

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Bracketology

              Here's an interesting note. Since WMU has been essentially eliminated, that means that there will be no teams from the state of Michigan in the field of 16. This will only be the second time that has occurred since 1979, two years before the field was increased to 8 teams. The only other time this happened in that span was the 2013 tournament.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Bracketology

                If Brown wins Lake Placid, the ECAC gets five teams in the NCAA's.
                It all starts with the goaltending.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Bracketology

                  Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  The argument is that UND will be a 3 seed
                  The seed just got plowed under...

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Bracketology

                    Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                    If Brown wins Lake Placid, the ECAC gets five teams in the NCAA's.
                    Only if other results bear it out. For example the ECAC only gets three teams (Quinnipiac, Clarkson, Brown) in this scenario.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Bracketology

                      Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      Only if other results bear it out. For example the ECAC only gets three teams (Quinnipiac, Clarkson, Brown) in this scenario.
                      Wrong, five ECAC with a Bruno win.
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Bracketology

                        Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                        Wrong, five ECAC with a Bruno win.
                        Simple math.

                        1t St. Cloud State NCHC
                        1t Massachusetts HEA
                        3 Minnesota Duluth NCHC
                        4t Minnesota State WCHA
                        4t Quinnipiac ECAC
                        6 Denver NCHC
                        7 Ohio State B1G
                        8 Clarkson ECAC
                        9 Arizona State Ind
                        10t Northeastern HEA
                        10t Bowling Green WCHA
                        12 Penn State B1G
                        13 Harvard ECAC
                        22 Brown ECAC
                        23 Boston University HEA
                        31t American Internationa AHA

                        Are you counting Boston University as an ECAC team?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          Simple math.

                          1t St. Cloud State NCHC
                          1t Massachusetts HEA
                          3 Minnesota Duluth NCHC
                          4t Minnesota State WCHA
                          4t Quinnipiac ECAC
                          6 Denver NCHC
                          7 Ohio State B1G
                          8 Clarkson ECAC
                          9 Arizona State Ind
                          10t Northeastern HEA
                          10t Bowling Green WCHA
                          12 Penn State B1G
                          13 Harvard ECAC
                          22 Brown ECAC
                          23 Boston University HEA
                          31t American Internationa AHA

                          Are you counting Boston University as an ECAC team?
                          Cornell?? Where is Cornell?

                          Ok - to get 5 ECAC
                          Harvard and Brown win SF, Brown gets AQ.
                          UMass beats Northeastern
                          All other results stay as you entered.
                          Last edited by joecct; 03-20-2019, 11:21 PM.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                          ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

                          Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                          I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Bracketology

                            Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Cornell?? Where is Cornell?

                            Ok - to get 5 ECAC
                            Harvard and Brown win SF, Brown gets AQ.
                            UMass beats Northeastern
                            All other results stay as you entered.
                            It CAN happen but the ECAC can also drop to three teams in, even including Brown (CC would have to win the NCHC).

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Bracketology

                              Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Simple math.

                              1t St. Cloud State NCHC
                              1t Massachusetts HEA
                              3 Minnesota Duluth NCHC
                              4t Minnesota State WCHA
                              4t Quinnipiac ECAC
                              6 Denver NCHC
                              7 Ohio State B1G
                              8 Clarkson ECAC
                              9 Arizona State Ind
                              10t Northeastern HEA
                              10t Bowling Green WCHA
                              12 Penn State B1G
                              13 Harvard ECAC
                              22 Brown ECAC
                              23 Boston University HEA
                              31t American Internationa AHA

                              Are you counting Boston University as an ECAC team?
                              What scenario are you using?
                              Here is one with Brown winning ECAC which leaves Cornell out.
                              http://pwp.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi..._5c9304646728c
                              Replace Notre Dame with Penn State and the result is similar

                              Key features:
                              Bowling Green
                              BU
                              Big 10 Champ
                              AHA Champ
                              These upsets leave the cut line at 12th in the PWR, and leave Cornell out.
                              Last edited by Numbers; 03-20-2019, 11:30 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                                What scenario are you using?
                                Here is one with Brown winning ECAC which leaves Cornell out.
                                http://pwp.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi..._5c9304646728c
                                Replace Notre Dame with Penn State and the result is similar

                                Key features:
                                Bowling Green
                                BU
                                Big 10 Champ
                                AHA Champ
                                These upsets leave the cut line at 12th in the PWR, and leave Cornell out.
                                I know. The original post claimed that if Brown won the ECAC then the conference would get five teams. That CAN happen but the conference could also end up with as few as three. That's all I'm saying.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X