2019 NCAA Tournament Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    For future reference copying and pasting entire stories is frowned upon, particularly if the article is behind a paywall.
    Don't put it behind a paywall then

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
      The thing that blows me away now is that 10/15 years ago asa1 seed you got a highly favorable match up. Would it surprise anyone if West mich harvard or Notre Dame won? The is so little separating 1 -20 now
      I would be surprised if Harvard beat a team like UMD but your overall point is fair. There have been a lot of "upsets" but in a one game format there are rarely shocking upsets. Atlantic Hockey winning is still a pretty big upset though.

Comment

Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Bracketology

Amherst is closer to Providence. The commuter rail goes to Providence so it’s easier to get to for the alumni base in Eastern MA. It’s a flight to Providence or Manchester for the western 1 seeds. However every single prediction has UMass in Manchester :?
        #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Don't put it behind a paywall then
          Buy a subscription.

Comment

Buy a subscription.
            To read someone's bracketology? I might be dumb but I am not that dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
              Amherst is closer to Providence. The commuter rail goes to Providence so it’s easier to get to for the alumni base in Eastern MA. It’s a flight to Providence or Manchester for the western 1 seeds. However every single prediction has UMass in Manchester :?
              Has to do with Quinnipiac and Providence. Amherst to Providence and Manchester is basically the same. But if you can get QU and PC to Providence, great. Just a way of maximizing attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                What are the chances that North Dakota would be a three seed? I would think getting to 12 would be realistic (probable?) if they win the conference tournament, which is the most likely way they get in. Then SCSU could still get to Fargo.
                Jim Dahl's forecast has them moving up as high as #10 with a sweep this weekend but they could be as low as #16 as well. But if they were to win out, definitely thinking they'd be at #12 or better. SCSU still goes to Fargo to play the Sioux essentially at home.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  Go AIC. Yes, I'm serious. That would be awesome. They've sucked so long. Let them win a game or two.
                  Mankato getting their first win. SCSU getting their first title. UMD winning back-to-back. Nah. AIC winning a few games would be such a better story than another team from Minnesota having success.

Comment

To read someone's bracketology? I might be dumb but I am not that dumb.
                    Then don't read his bracketology.

Comment

Then don't read his bracketology.
                      And I'm sure you've bought the album for every song you've ever listened to. Give me a break...
                      "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUBlackandRed View Post
                        SCSU still goes to Fargo to play the Sioux essentially at home.
                        Won't happen because committee would avoid intra conference matchup in first round.

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                          And I'm sure you've bought the album for every song you've ever listened to. Give me a break...
                          From the FAQ

5. No copyrighted material may be posted to the board. “Fair use” quotations are acceptable, as are links or pointers to material that is copyrighted by other sources.

It's not a question of morals, it's USCHO policy. It's also a liability because the Tribune (or other copyright owners) can come after USCHO for reposting their material without permission.

Comment

Won't happen because committee would avoid intra conference matchup in first round.
                            The argument is that UND will be a 3 seed, thus this would be the QF matchup, not the first round. Were UND hosting as a 4 seed you are correct. Mankato would go there instead.

Comment

From the FAQ

5. No copyrighted material may be posted to the board. “Fair use” quotations are acceptable, as are links or pointers to material that is copyrighted by other sources.

It's not a question of morals, it's USCHO policy. It's also a liability because the Tribune (or other copyright owners) can come after USCHO for reposting their material without permission.
                              Fair enough. Doing a little research of my own on it, I think if a link had been included or a couple sentences omitted, this would be fine. Learned something today, thanks.
                              "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                                In my opinion bracketology even a couple weeks early is just clickbait.

Only posting because I also want to say the regional locations suck this year with three east of Ohio...
                                Given that at large selections and seeding are very reliably predicted (since the NCAA has not veered from the formula in as long as I’ve been paying attention), bracketology seems more appropriate here than it would be on some bouncyball forum.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X