X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• njdevscup30
    replied
    Re: Maine vs. NU

I think in the past there has been one or two QF games on NESN each year. Usually they pick a good matchup. Guess they aren't interested this year.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    HEA playoffs are being streamed on FloSports. Here's the link to the announcement, see paragraph 3: https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/63...ey-hockey-east These guys are the streaming partner for the nWCHA this year.

Here's the home page: https://www.flohockey.tv/
    Great! Thanks!

I didn't go all the way through, because it looks like you have to "sign up" before you get any details, but it appears that you have to buy a full subscription package (correct me if I'm wrong). So you get all the games, even if you don't want all of them (implicit in that statement is the assumption that you can't buy "individual" games).
    Last edited by chickod; 03-13-2019, 01:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Some of the other threads have said there is a streaming "package," but the link they posted was a dead link ("404 - Not Found"). I'm trying to get clarification. The link was a sublink on the HockeyEastOnline site, but I can't find anything there. Someone on another thread said it was on "FloHockey" or something like that but I can't find that either. Nobody is trying to be sarcastic. I was just saying that buying a ticket isn't the "only" way...but I don't know what is taking Hockey East so long to post it. I can only guess that if they are contracting it out to someone else (which means they are not getting the direct revenue), they may not be in any hurry. As soon as I find out anything for sure, I'll post it. I don't want to mislead anyone.
    HEA playoffs are being streamed on FloSports. Here's the link to the announcement, see paragraph 3: https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/63...ey-hockey-east These guys are the streaming partner for the nWCHA this year.

Here's the home page: https://www.flohockey.tv/

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    The question was

And the only way that has been announced to watch the games is to buy a ticket. There have been no other announcements (yet)
    Some of the other threads have said there is a streaming "package," but the link they posted was a dead link ("404 - Not Found"). I'm trying to get clarification. The link was a sublink on the HockeyEastOnline site, but I can't find anything there. Someone on another thread said it was on "FloHockey" or something like that but I can't find that either. Nobody is trying to be sarcastic. I was just saying that buying a ticket isn't the "only" way...but I don't know what is taking Hockey East so long to post it. I can only guess that if they are contracting it out to someone else (which means they are not getting the direct revenue), they may not be in any hurry. As soon as I find out anything for sure, I'll post it. I don't want to mislead anyone.

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    The question was

And the only way that has been announced to watch the games is to buy a ticket. There have been no other announcements (yet)
    You are technically correct. Sorry for the hostility.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

You’re missing the point. The current generation likes to “surf.” They utilize technology to avail themselves of multiple things at once. They don’t like to sit at one game, because then they miss seeing all the others. That’s why attendance is down everywhere. Technology has made it easy to have your cake and eat it too, and that’s exactly what they do.
    The question was
    Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    So has there been any announced way to see the games?

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Tough to do when I'll be spending my spring break out of the country, never mind the travel from Orono to Boston and back even if I had the time available. I am at every Maine home game and I love watching my favorite team play my favorite sport and experience being there. It is also nice to still be able to watch them if they are away from home and I can't attend, so excuse me for preferring to want to actually see the game instead of refreshing a live stats page.
    If you look at my post, I wasn't responding to you. I was responding to the person who told you to buy a ticket...

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    Buy a ticket.
    Tough to do when I'll be spending my spring break out of the country, never mind the travel from Orono to Boston and back even if I had the time available.

You’re missing the point. The current generation likes to “surf.” They utilize technology to avail themselves of multiple things at once. They don’t like to sit at one game, because then they miss seeing all the others. That’s why attendance is down everywhere. Technology has made it easy to have your cake and eat it too, and that’s exactly what they do.
    I am at every Maine home game and I love watching my favorite team play my favorite sport and experience being there. It is also nice to still be able to watch them if they are away from home and I can't attend, so excuse me for preferring to want to actually see the game instead of refershing a live stats page.
    Last edited by amkirby10; 03-13-2019, 11:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied
    Buy a ticket.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Buy a ticket.

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    Yes...but apparently things have changed. Everything is accessible now only by purchasing one of the streaming packages.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I watched one of the bu/NU games on NESN in 2017. And I am almost certain one of our games against UMass was on NESN in 09.
    Yes...but apparently things have changed. Everything is accessible now only by purchasing one of the streaming packages.

Leave a comment:

• walrus655321
    replied

Checking the schedules for NESN and NESN+ online, it appears not. I know that Hockey East owns the rights, and usually they are offering "packages" to stream the games (I believe you can purchase individual games as well). The semi-finals and finals are on NESN, but I don't believe the quarterfinals have ever been on TV in recent memory. And the schools can't provide their "normal" streams because the league owns the rights.
    I'm pretty sure I watched one of the bu/NU games on NESN in 2017. And I am almost certain one of our games against UMass was on NESN in 09.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
    Bought my tickets but asking for a friend......are any of the series being telecast this weekend?
    Checking the schedules for NESN and NESN+ online, it appears not. I know that Hockey East owns the rights, and usually they are offering "packages" to stream the games (I believe you can purchase individual games as well). The semi-finals and finals are on NESN, but I don't believe the quarterfinals have ever been on TV in recent memory. And the schools can't provide their "normal" streams because the league owns the rights.

Leave a comment:

• PPGuru
    replied

Bought my tickets but asking for a friend......are any of the series being telecast this weekend?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X