• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northeastern
    replied
    Re: Maine vs. NU

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    Let's not cheap shot these two boys. Size their hips up with skates on the ice and walk through them. Efficiently, put both on their *** every time the have the puck. Cleanly. That is the key. Clean checks, no garbage. Just go through them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC7M07x3o4M

Leave a comment:

• BlackI
    replied

Let's not cheap shot these two boys. Size their hips up with skates on the ice and walk through them. Efficiently, put both on their *** every time the have the puck. Cleanly. That is the key. Clean checks, no garbage. Just go through them.

Leave a comment:

• BlackI
    replied

That would be a huge win for Maine. And I don't think it is out of their grasp. It is all about effort, and who wants to worked harder every shift than the other guy they line up with. I haven't doubted their talent. But their effort is not consistent at all. Work hard and things come to you. Don't worry about what you don't have but make the best of what you have.

Leave a comment:

• BlackI
    replied

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    heck.. even I want Maine hockey to be back. just not at our expense.
    hoping your resurrection can wait unitl after this wknd. that may mean nxt season & go beat up on bunch of other schools or something..

anyway, your away unis.. one of the best, have that going for you. hoping for a great series.
    Unfortunately, we both agree NU needs taken down.

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied

heck.. even I want Maine hockey to be back. just not at our expense.
    hoping your resurrection can wait unitl after this wknd. that may mean nxt season & go beat up on bunch of other schools or something..

anyway, your away unis.. one of the best, have that going for you. hoping for a great series.

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied

Probably we can at least agree on something.
    We're good, Blackie. We both want the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• BlackI
    replied

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Maine's ticket prices alone seem fairly insane, never mind the 17 hour round-trip for us.. (And the hotels, the meals, etc.)

I can watch most Maine games right here in Possum Butt, New York. It's one Hell of a lot easier, and I'm saving literally thousands every winter.

I never minded spending the dough back when Maine was good, but I don't see any reason for that in the Red era. That's just throwing good money after bad, anymore.
    Probably we can at least agree on something.

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied

Most of that is true for me too. Only I don't run 3 in parallel. At most I watch what is on Nesn and watch/listen to Maine.

But I think it is kind of hard to expect normal working folks to take a family of 4 to a game these days. You are looking at at least a couple to three hundred for an average game at Maine if you figure food and trinkets. String the together about 10 times and it is a family vacation. Of course most people will save and spend on a meaningful family vacation.

These are the folks that live near bye. Imagine the money's for us that live far away. To go back to Orono for a weekend series, with tickets, hotel, etc... it easily turns into 1000 to 1500 dollar weekend. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to pocket that and save for future education costs for kids or family vacations.

Doesn't make a person a bad fan... makes sense. Blame hockey operations for trying to get 200 bucks a night for an average family.
    Maine's ticket prices alone seem fairly insane, never mind the 17 hour round-trip for us.. (And the hotels, the meals, etc.)

I can watch most Maine games right here in Possum Butt, New York. It's one Hell of a lot easier, and I'm saving literally thousands every winter.

I never minded spending the dough back when Maine was good, but I don't see any reason for that in the Red era. That's just throwing good money after bad, anymore.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-13-2019, 09:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied
    Most of that is true for me too. Only I don't run 3 in parallel. At most I watch what is on Nesn and watch/listen to Maine.

But I think it is kind of hard to expect normal working folks to take a family of 4 to a game these days. You are looking at at least a couple to three hundred for an average game at Maine if you figure food and trinkets. String the together about 10 times and it is a family vacation. Of course most people will save and spend on a meaningful family vacation.

These are the folks that live near bye. Imagine the money's for us that live far away. To go back to Orono for a weekend series, with tickets, hotel, etc... it easily turns into 1000 to 1500 dollar weekend. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to pocket that and save for future education costs for kids or family vacations.

Doesn't make a person a bad fan... makes sense. Blame hockey operations for trying to get 200 bucks a night for an average family.
    100% agree

Leave a comment:

• BlackI
    replied

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Old people like to do that too. (An actual old guy told me that, JSYK).

It's pretty great to have 3 devices running 3 games simultaneously while enjoying a craft or three in your Under-roo's, and in the comfort of your home... And it's also pretty great to avoid 10-12 hours of driving, a big-bucks weekend and Boston traffic, especially now that Maine is a real crap-shoot on the road.

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    You’re missing the point. The current generation likes to “surf.” They utilize technology to avail themselves of multiple things at once. They don’t like to sit at one game, because then they miss seeing all the others. That’s why attendance is down everywhere. Technology has made it easy to have your cake and eat it too, and that’s exactly what they do.
    Old people like to do that too. (An actual old guy told me that, JSYK).

It's pretty great to have 3 devices running 3 games simultaneously while enjoying a craft or three in your Under-roo's, and in the comfort of your home... And it's also pretty great to avoid 10-12 hours of driving, a big-bucks weekend and Boston traffic, especially now that Maine is a real crap-shoot on the road.

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied

The ECAC has all of their quarterfinal games on ESPN+. Thank you Hockey East.

Leave a comment:

• DLG
    replied

My guess is they don't have the rights. Which you could argue is the same thing, because they apparently didn't want to pay for them. But remember, they have the semis and finals the following weekend. Unless the TV schedule has not been updated. If you look, you will see things like "World Cup Jumping" and "College Lacrosse." My guess is they had to pay next to nothing for the "rights" to televise those.
    Correct- months ago Joe Bertagna told me they were going to be on FLo Sports
    Hockey East runs the tourney and gets most of their funding from it (mostly from garden events)
    If he had his choice all the games would be pay not free streaming but schools retain those rights

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
    I think in the past there has been one or two QF games on NESN each year. Usually they pick a good matchup. Guess they aren't interested this year.
    My guess is they don't have the rights. Which you could argue is the same thing, because they apparently didn't want to pay for them. But remember, they have the semis and finals the following weekend. Unless the TV schedule has not been updated. If you look, you will see things like "World Cup Jumping" and "College Lacrosse." My guess is they had to pay next to nothing for the "rights" to televise those.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied

Great! Thanks!

I didn't go all the way through, because it looks like you have to "sign up" before you get any details, but it appears that you have to buy a full subscription package (correct me if I'm wrong). So you get all the games, even if you don't want all of them (implicit in that statement is the assumption that you can't buy "individual" games).
    I think you can buy the monthly for $30, I'm not sure if they're selling a separate HEA playoff package. You are correct in that you cannot buy individual games. I bought the season pass and really liked it as I could watch other WCHA league games as well as select Nacho and B1G games. However, it's not conducive to OOC fans or playoffs. It's the constant and never-ending gripe about FloHockey.

Edit: That and they don't support the Amazon FireStick (but that's MY constant and never-ending gripe...).
    Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 03-13-2019, 02:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X