• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northeastern
    replied
    Re: Maine vs. NU

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    That space has been vacant for almost a year..
    there's a reason the space has been vacant almost a yr. the restaurant industry is tough going & the rent for that space is equivalent to the GDP of a few micronesian islands.
    .15 & .75 just isn't going to cut it. but that kind of joint you speak of; would be nice to have before or after games, .. just not happening.

Leave a comment:

• Split-N
    replied

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Wait...what? Uno’s closed???
    Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    Shut.. happens.
    That space has been vacant for almost a year. Very hard to believe given its prime location. If I could have one wish, I'd bring back the Lobster Claw, which occupied that space in my misspent youth. Draft beers were .15 mixed drinks .75 and nobody ever got carded.

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Shut.. happens.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    Hard to believe the Uno's space has been vacant for almost a year. It's prime restaurant/bar space so there must be a story behind the story.

And FWIW, the Colonnade Hotel bar is pretty lively and a lot closer than Champions at the Marriott.

Leave a comment:

• NorthMike
    replied

Enjoyed the road trip to matthews, nice college hockey rink. Good game if you took out all the penalty minutes. Good show by Maine fans but surprised how empty the place was, even not many students. Well good luck to NU the rest of the way. Maybe I can see you play in Buffalo.
    Time to escape this crazy traffic and get back to the north woods!

Leave a comment:

• Ma#1ne Hky
    replied

Bottom line this series was won by the goaltending of Primeau, along with game 2...Maine taking too many penaltys….can't score from the box and just makes you expand too much energy killing penaltys. Maine as usual played hard and pressured NU all series long and still could not steal a W.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

You get a penalty, and you get a penalty and you get a penalty. Everyone gets a penalty!

Leave a comment:

• Split-N
    replied

Hard to believe the Uno's space has been vacant for almost a year. It's prime restaurant/bar space so there must be a story behind the story.

And FWIW, the Colonnade Hotel bar is pretty lively and a lot closer than Champions at the Marriott.

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    For the record Conor's way is more of a college dive bar especially compared to Uno's.
    righto..

well, foll might be tad late still.. if you wanted step up..
    there is Champions Sports Bar & Grill (more or less equal walking distance from Matthews).. but the other way..
    uptown.. lobby/1st floor of the Marriott Copley Place. 110 Huntington Ave. Ton of sports.. all of the time.

Leave a comment:

• TheRevengeance
    replied

For the record Conor's way is more of a college dive bar especially compared to Uno's.

Leave a comment:

• Maine Event
    replied

Conor Larkin’s
    329 Huntington Ave

all the best
    Thank you much. I'll check it out!

Leave a comment:

• njdevscup30
    replied
    Conor Larkin’s
    329 Huntington Ave

all the best
    +1 definitely Conor's

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied
    Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
    I'm posting his here as I'm looking for some input from some of the NU folks, as well as Maine folks. For years, I have been going to the UNOs near Matthews Arena prior to games when Maine was in town. Much to my dismay, I got to UNOs late yesterday afternoon to find that it had closed it's doors. I walked around a bit, but really couldn't find anyplace else that interested me.

Are there any "sports bars" within walking distance of Matthews that I can claim as my new designated spot prior to Maine/NU games?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Conor Larkin’s
    329 Huntington Ave

all the best

Leave a comment:

• Don C
    replied

Great game
    Last edited by Don C; 03-16-2019, 11:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Maine Event
    replied

I'm posting his here as I'm looking for some input from some of the NU folks, as well as Maine folks. For years, I have been going to the UNOs near Matthews Arena prior to games when Maine was in town. Much to my dismay, I got to UNOs late yesterday afternoon to find that it had closed it's doors. I walked around a bit, but really couldn't find anyplace else that interested me.

Are there any "sports bars" within walking distance of Matthews that I can claim as my new designated spot prior to Maine/NU games?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X