Maine vs. NU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine vs. NU

The ECAC has all of their quarterfinal games on ESPN+. Thank you Hockey East.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      You’re missing the point. The current generation likes to “surf.” They utilize technology to avail themselves of multiple things at once. They don’t like to sit at one game, because then they miss seeing all the others. That’s why attendance is down everywhere. Technology has made it easy to have your cake and eat it too, and that’s exactly what they do.
      Old people like to do that too. (An actual old guy told me that, JSYK).

It's pretty great to have 3 devices running 3 games simultaneously while enjoying a craft or three in your Under-roo's, and in the comfort of your home... And it's also pretty great to avoid 10-12 hours of driving, a big-bucks weekend and Boston traffic, especially now that Maine is a real crap-shoot on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Old people like to do that too. (An actual old guy told me that, JSYK).

It's pretty great to have 3 devices running 3 games simultaneously while enjoying a craft or three in your Under-roo's, and in the comfort of your home... And it's also pretty great to avoid 10-12 hours of driving, a big-bucks weekend and Boston traffic, especially now that Maine is a real crap-shoot on the road.
        Most of that is true for me too. Only I don't run 3 in parallel. At most I watch what is on Nesn and watch/listen to Maine.

But I think it is kind of hard to expect normal working folks to take a family of 4 to a game these days. You are looking at at least a couple to three hundred for an average game at Maine if you figure food and trinkets. String the together about 10 times and it is a family vacation. Of course most people will save and spend on a meaningful family vacation.

These are the folks that live near bye. Imagine the money's for us that live far away. To go back to Orono for a weekend series, with tickets, hotel, etc... it easily turns into 1000 to 1500 dollar weekend. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to pocket that and save for future education costs for kids or family vacations.

Doesn't make a person a bad fan... makes sense. Blame hockey operations for trying to get 200 bucks a night for an average family.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          Most of that is true for me too. Only I don't run 3 in parallel. At most I watch what is on Nesn and watch/listen to Maine.

But I think it is kind of hard to expect normal working folks to take a family of 4 to a game these days. You are looking at at least a couple to three hundred for an average game at Maine if you figure food and trinkets. String the together about 10 times and it is a family vacation. Of course most people will save and spend on a meaningful family vacation.

These are the folks that live near bye. Imagine the money's for us that live far away. To go back to Orono for a weekend series, with tickets, hotel, etc... it easily turns into 1000 to 1500 dollar weekend. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to pocket that and save for future education costs for kids or family vacations.

Doesn't make a person a bad fan... makes sense. Blame hockey operations for trying to get 200 bucks a night for an average family.
          100% agree

Comment

Maine's ticket prices alone seem fairly insane, never mind the 17 hour round-trip for us.. (And the hotels, the meals, etc.)

I can watch most Maine games right here in Possum Butt, New York. It's one Hell of a lot easier, and I'm saving literally thousands every winter.

I never minded spending the dough back when Maine was good, but I don't see any reason for that in the Red era. That's just throwing good money after bad, anymore.
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-13-2019, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Maine's ticket prices alone seem fairly insane, never mind the 17 hour round-trip for us.. (And the hotels, the meals, etc.)

I can watch most Maine games right here in Possum Butt, New York. It's one Hell of a lot easier, and I'm saving literally thousands every winter.

I never minded spending the dough back when Maine was good, but I don't see any reason for that in the Red era. That's just throwing good money after bad, anymore.
              Probably we can at least agree on something.

Comment

Probably we can at least agree on something.
                We're good, Blackie. We both want the same thing.

Comment

heck.. even I want Maine hockey to be back. just not at our expense.
                  hoping your resurrection can wait unitl after this wknd. that may mean nxt season & go beat up on bunch of other schools or something..

anyway, your away unis.. one of the best, have that going for you. hoping for a great series.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                    heck.. even I want Maine hockey to be back. just not at our expense.
                    hoping your resurrection can wait unitl after this wknd. that may mean nxt season & go beat up on bunch of other schools or something..

anyway, your away unis.. one of the best, have that going for you. hoping for a great series.
                    Unfortunately, we both agree NU needs taken down.

Comment

That would be a huge win for Maine. And I don't think it is out of their grasp. It is all about effort, and who wants to worked harder every shift than the other guy they line up with. I haven't doubted their talent. But their effort is not consistent at all. Work hard and things come to you. Don't worry about what you don't have but make the best of what you have.

Comment

Let's not cheap shot these two boys. Size their hips up with skates on the ice and walk through them. Efficiently, put both on their *** every time the have the puck. Cleanly. That is the key. Clean checks, no garbage. Just go through them.

Comment

Let's not cheap shot these two boys. Size their hips up with skates on the ice and walk through them. Efficiently, put both on their *** every time the have the puck. Cleanly. That is the key. Clean checks, no garbage. Just go through them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC7M07x3o4M
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          Always bullish on the future.
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Hockey East finally announced it but you have to dig quite a bit on the website to find the links.

https://www.flohockey.tv/events/6374...endar/schedule

Plans start at $12.50/month.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Hockey East finally announced it but you have to dig quite a bit on the website to find the links.

https://www.flohockey.tv/events/6374...endar/schedule

Plans start at $12.50/month.
                              What do you (they) mean "per month?" There are only two weekends of playoffs before the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                What do you (they) mean "per month?" There are only two weekends of playoffs before the NCAA tournament.
                                If you look around the site they offer hockey from all around the world on the site. For example, right now they have a game live from Sweden. They also have college hockey from the WCHA, B1G and NCHC.

Comment

Working...
                                X