X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waite21
    replied
    Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Owen Savory played Saturday night in a 7-6 ot loss.
    He was left in for all 7 goals. The last time a coach did that to a goalie, Patrick Roy left Montreal for the Avalanche.
    I can't imagine that Owen was very happy with that decision.
    45 years and two days ago, Coach Don Cherry of the Boston Bruins left Dave Reece in for all 11 goals in a game against the Toronto Maple Leafs. Darryl Sittler recorded an NHL-record ten points in that game. Reece never played in an NHL game again.

Dave's mother worked as a nurse at the RPI Infirmary during my student days and she was a nice lady. I remember her mentioning that her son was playing goalie for UVM at the time.

Not that he would care, but I have a hard time thinking kindly of Don Cherry.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    He was left in for all 7 goals. The last time a coach did that to a goalie, Patrick Roy left Montreal for the Avalanche.
    Well the score was ugly, but doesn't tell the whole story. It was a 6-3 UML early in the 3rd, before UNH stormed back to bury two PP goals and the even strength equalizer to force OT ...where the Cats won it.
    Interestingly, the UNH keeper got yanked after giving up his 6th goal and his replacement played 14 minutes, made 3 saves to "earn" the OT win!

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    OTOH, Tristan Ashbrook has a 8-5-1-6-0 line with MTU.

Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NAFTA123
    replied
    Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    If everything has gone according to plan, the students have returned to in-person instruction today.

Wonder if a return to extracurricular activities will follow in the near future.
    Let's hope so. But I'm hearing no hockey players returned to campus this semester since there was no commitment from administration to get them in the weight room and on the ice. HFH, still no ice......
    Last edited by NAFTA123; 02-09-2021, 08:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 9 February 2021. There are 235 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

Leave a comment:

• Waite21
    replied
    If everything has gone according to plan, the students have returned to in-person instruction today.

Wonder if a return to extracurricular activities will follow in the near future.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 8 February 2021. There are 236 days until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 7 February 2021. There are 237 days until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 6 February 2021. There are 238 days (37 weeks) until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• Waite21
    replied
    Happy Spirit Day, everybody!

In a little bit of sports-related good news, RPI's softball and men's lacrosse teams are both nationally ranked in preseason polls. The softball team is ranked 25th and the lacrosse team 17th in Division III.

RPI softball is the only Liberty League team to appear in the rankings, so it appears that they can be considered the favorite to finish first in the league. The lacrosse team is the third-highest-ranked Liberty League team, behind RIT and Union.

It is still unknown whether there will actually be a softball season or a lacrosse season at the Division III level. Money talks, of course, which means the NCAA is focusing all its attention on trying to make sure the Division I men's basketball tournament gets played so all that TV revenue can come rolling in.
    Last edited by Waite21; 02-05-2021, 03:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 5 February 2021. There are 239 days until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 4 February 2021. There are 240 days until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 3 February 2021. There are 241 days until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    Things are so crazy with scheduling.

The American Hockey League is planning to go with five divisions this year, with as few as three and as many as seven teams in any one division. The Hershey Bears are in the North Division, which includes seven teams - but the Bears' schedule calls for them to play all of their games against only three of those teams: Binghamton, Lehigh Valley, and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.

If RPI plays any spring sports, the schedule may be limited to teams like Union, Skidmore, Vassar, and maybe Williams - schools close enough to allow the visiting team to travel back and forth and play the game all in the same day.
    There is a similar plan for the NY AHL teams with Utica, Rochester (Appert), Syracuse and Binghamton squaring off repeatedly...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X