This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

I think most colleges are starting to gravitate toward requiring COVID vaccinations in order to re-enroll. They want dorms full, etc. I would guess RPI has the same idea; there is already a vaccination clinic on campus. That gives me some hope for a full 21-22 season.
    And here is some news regarding in person classes at RPI. Summer session will be in person and RPI planning for full in person for 21-22 academic year. Vaccinations required: https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...r-16107307.php
    Last edited by DavidNardolillo; 04-22-2021, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Sneakers, hats, T-shirts up to the allowable limits. The kids know. They have buddies at other schools.
      It would help if RPI had better-designed gear to begin with. I am not sure I would want the stuff they sell at games, even if it was given to me for free.

Comment

• Today is 23 April 2021. There are 162 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• https://twitter.com/PerryLaskaris/st...79277442224130

This afternoon, @RPIBaseball will host Rochester in a doubleheader. It will be the first RPI Athletics contest in 407 days.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

It would help if RPI had better-designed gear to begin with. I am not sure I would want the stuff they sell at games, even if it was given to me for free.
            Totally agree! I couldn't tell you the last time I bought a piece of RPI swag. Another lesson they could learn from other successful schools.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Totally agree! I couldn't tell you the last time I bought a piece of RPI swag. Another lesson they could learn from other successful schools.
              Not like the old days. Back in the middle '80s they had some really cool stuff selling at the HFH and also in the Union at the book store. I think Jenny has every hockey pin they offered and all sorts of other stuff. During the Holiday tournament the other teams would offer sweatshirts and hats for sale. It was a galaxy far away in eons ago!
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Not like the old days. Back in the middle '80s they had some really cool stuff selling at the HFH and also in the Union at the book store. I think Jenny has every hockey pin they offered and all sorts of other stuff. During the Holiday tournament the other teams would offer sweatshirts and hats for sale. It was a galaxy far away in eons ago!
                Well, since this line of commentary was triggered by a comment from Rand Pecknold, as someone that's seen at least 20 games at QU, the stuff they sell is fundamentally no better or different than what you can get at the Field House. The same goes for Yale. In fact the last thing I bought in Troy, a hoodie that mirrors a jersey, including a lace-up neck, is probably better than anything I've seen at either. Then again, I think at most schools there is very little connection other than replica jerseys (which can be of very different quality) between player swag and the stuff they sell to fans.

Comment

• Today is 24 April 2021. There are 161 days (23 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

Well, since this line of commentary was triggered by a comment from Rand Pecknold, as someone that's seen at least 20 games at QU, the stuff they sell is fundamentally no better or different than what you can get at the Field House. The same goes for Yale. In fact the last thing I bought in Troy, a hoodie that mirrors a jersey, including a lace-up neck, is probably better than anything I've seen at either. Then again, I think at most schools there is very little connection other than replica jerseys (which can be of very different quality) between player swag and the stuff they sell to fans.
                    That's fair. The Q-pac uniforms and logo designs never worked for me. At Yale, though, I think it is pretty easy to get your hands on some classic stuff that is not overdesigned, although perhaps not at the rink--the old grey champion sweatshirt with the tackle twill letters sewn on for example--RPI seems to miss that and instead uses its bland department-wide font and just seems to apply that to stock items. One exception would be the winter hat they did for freakout a few years ago. I think Dr. D. is right that the RPI Union bookstore tends to have better stuff, but the online options in recent years haven't interested me.

The players might have a different opinion, but the RPI gear they wear in interviews or in pictures I see of training doesn't seem particularly special.

Comment

• The baseball team played its double header yesterday, the tennis team won its match against Skidmore, and the golf team also beat Skidmore. RPI sports are back! Some more games today too

Comment

• This thread is officially closed. :-)

New thread here: https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/col...or-red-october
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post

G Connor Murphy maybe??
                          Murphy lands at Union. Same neighborhood....sorta.
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                          X