Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Lee's Merrimack page https://merrimackathletics.com/sport...jakob-lee/9118
    His Elite prospects page https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/333835/jakob-lee
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• This will appear on Sunday on the recruit thread
      20 Jakob Lee C 04/17/21 Merrimack College (HEA) 2021 02/12/99 6'00" 186 Owen Sound, ON 3.75 St Aw Vi GS

Also from Neutral Zone (public)
      Evaluation: Good skating, two way centerman who is able to control the play offensively and support his defensive players down low while defending. Excellent passer – Lee made a number of key passes off the attack to spring linemates free on the rush. Lee QB's the Listowel powerplay and despite the lack of goals the powerplay very strong and generated a number of quality chances in the game.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I knew his name was familiar. He has played with Mahshie and McIsaac for Brooks.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This will appear on Sunday on the recruit thread
          20 Jakob Lee C 04/17/21 Merrimack College (HEA) 2021 02/12/99 6'00" 186 Owen Sound, ON 3.75 St Aw Vi GS

Also from Neutral Zone (public)
          Evaluation: Good skating, two way centerman who is able to control the play offensively and support his defensive players down low while defending. Excellent passer – Lee made a number of key passes off the attack to spring linemates free on the rush. Lee QB's the Listowel powerplay and despite the lack of goals the powerplay very strong and generated a number of quality chances in the game.
          I like that he had the GS tag. Hope he has more offensive success here than at Merrimack. He showed in juniors that he has skill

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

I like that he had the GS tag. Hope he has more offensive success here than at Merrimack. He showed in juniors that he has skill
            Finn Brown is the only current recruit with the Goal Scoring tag, and he has yet to score a goal this season.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Does the GS tag stand for Goal Scorer or Good Skater?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                Does the GS tag stand for Goal Scorer or Good Skater?
                Goal scoring. Here is the complete list.
                Aw=Awareness/IQ, Ch= Character/Leadership, GS=Goal Scoring Ability, Sk=Skating, Sp=Speed, SH=Stick Handling Skill, St-Strength, To=Toughness, Vi=Vision/Passing
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I knew his name was familiar. He has played with Mahshie and McIsaac for Brooks.
                  Again, I see this as good news. He undoubtedly would have contacted his old teammates to learn about the program before committing. This tells me the guys that remain are still bought in and Coach Smith has kept them with a positive perspective on the future. We've lost some talented guys, but there's also a lot of talent out there in the portal. We might not get the top 5-10% with eyes on established top 10 programs, but, as I said before, I'm hoping Coach can identify some "Ziekys" - guys that were highly regarded but may need a change of scenery or system to reach their potential. We'll see how they do in Troy, but Walsh and Lee fit at least the first half (they were well regarded recruits) of that description.
                  Last edited by rpi82; 04-18-2021, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Today is 18 April 2021. There are 167 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I saw a tweet from Coach Smith that Zack Dubinsky is playing well in the USHL. Is he slated to return to RPI? I'm confused as to how he returned to the USHL and if he is still on the RPI roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                        I saw a tweet from Coach Smith that Zack Dubinsky is playing well in the USHL. Is he slated to return to RPI? I'm confused as to how he returned to the USHL and if he is still on the RPI roster.
                        from what I gather his age gave him eligibility to go back but Ralph or someone else will know more. He is slated to come back for the upcoming season as is Ottoville
                        Leppanen. Since they are still enrolled at RPI and did not enter the transfer portal, they cannot be recruited out of the USHL.
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

from what I gather his age gave him eligibility to go back but Ralph or someone else will know more. He is slated to come back for the upcoming season as is Ottoville
                          Leppanen. Since they are still enrolled at RPI and did not enter the transfer portal, they cannot be recruited out of the USHL.
                          Correct. You implied that Leppanen is in the USHL. Actually he played in Finland.

Also current freshmen Jack Brackett and Henri Schreifels are playing in the NAHL. Brackett is injured.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Is there any place to see what the current ‘roster’ is with the expected transfers? And how the 2020 incoming class fits in? And the players expected for 2021? While we lost players, it would seem there’s still a full locker room? All the posts describing transfers and watching lots of NHL games is getting me excited for next year. The students apparently will need to be vaccinated so I see a 2021 season on the horizon.

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                              Is there any place to see what the current ‘roster’ is with the expected transfers? And how the 2020 incoming class fits in? And the players expected for 2021? While we lost players, it would seem there’s still a full locker room? All the posts describing transfers and watching lots of NHL games is getting me excited for next year. The students apparently will need to be vaccinated so I see a 2021 season on the horizon.
                              Forwards
                              Leppanen, Linden, Sellar, Dubinsky, Lacka, Schreifels, Beaton, Walsh, Brackett, Herrman, Lee, Nykanen, McIsaac, Mahshie, Bowman, Gagnon
                              Projected incoming recruits: Finn Brown and Danny Ciccarello

Defensemen
                              Kjellberg, Hallbauer, Johnson, Sertti, Baxter, Klee, Helsen, Davies
                              Projected incoming recruits: Hunter McDonald

Goalies
                              Marshall, Miller
                              Projected incoming recruits: Jack Watson

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                                Is there any place to see what the current ‘roster’ is with the expected transfers? And how the 2020 incoming class fits in? And the players expected for 2021? While we lost players, it would seem there’s still a full locker room? All the posts describing transfers and watching lots of NHL games is getting me excited for next year. The students apparently will need to be vaccinated so I see a 2021 season on the horizon.

I'm still leery on Fall/Winter sports. SAJ leaving too may questions (poor communication) unanswered in my opinion. I don't yet have the confidence of sports moving full speed ahead. Students will be required to be vaccinated, but yet all other safety measures, including bi-weekly testing will remain. What if a student and their family doesn't believe the vaccine is for them? They not allowed to play?
                                -There has been no safety process put into action regarding any positive test(s) amongst an RPI athletic team thru today at RPI. By time Fall rolls around RPI is a full year behind all other schools who participated in '20-'21 athletics, in letting their safety protocols play out and allow student/athletes to move forward. RPI's "trial run" will be in Fall of '21.......yikes.

As long as SAJ is involved, the fear of the unknown will always be in the back of my mind (ie SAJ bizarre off campus student/ bathroom rule she created in July of last year). Don't want to come off as a pessimist, but until the puck actually drops in October, or there is clear communication from administration on what the plan is moving forward, not holding my breath. Let us all be reminded that the weight room and the HFH are still collecting cob webs more than a year after the C-19 came about.

Comment

Working...
                                X