This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/Slsmith3Smith/st...08575915114497

Is the fact that Gary Sabourin is Coach Smith's father-in-law well known?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I expected Sezenack to post this, and he has been here today. Maybe he forgot. https://twitter.com/RPI_RedArmy/stat...50184341512192

We’ve got some non-conference game news for you this Friday! RPI hockey has lots of good games on the schedule. The headliners include a home and home with Northeastern, a December road trip to Alaska, and opening the season with a home series vs Bowling Green #LetsGoRed
      An NU reply stated those two games are over Thanksgiving.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I expected Sezenack to post this, and he has been here today. Maybe he forgot. https://twitter.com/RPI_RedArmy/stat...50184341512192

An NU reply stated those two games are over Thanksgiving.
        I did indeed forget :-D
        Thanks Ralph

Comment

• On the Northeastern note, a friend at NU told me that one of their transfers is coming here. Did not tell me who, but that's something to look out for.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
            On the Northeastern note, a friend at NU told me that one of their transfers is coming here. Did not tell me who, but that's something to look out for.
            G Connor Murphy maybe??
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I did indeed forget :-D
              Thanks Ralph
              Good to know that. If it were me, I'd blame it on senility, but you are much too young for that.

OK everyone, now you can post that it was just posted a week ago that Gary Sabourin is Coach Smith's FIL. :-D
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-03-2021, 03:50 PM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On the Northeastern note, a friend at NU told me that one of their transfers is coming here. Did not tell me who, but that's something to look out for.
                Gunnarwolfe Fontaine. :-)

Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• if anyone cares, a virtual hockey game vs. Clarkson last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uZzeg2J1ok with Perry Laskaris, Coach Smith, Shane Sellar, and John Beaton commenting. I won't post the score. :-D
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post
                    That sucks. : mad :

What is there to add??? That is at least four now either having already played elsewhere or soon will be. One of those is about to play in the frozen four!!!

Sounds like there is some hope coach and staff is supposed to clean this up. How??? If this were women's basketball Gino Auriellama and long time sidekick Chris Dailey (aka tall Sandra Dee) could not clean this up.

Coach and staff did their jobs and did them very well. Took over after thirteen years (including the last two years of the twice removed hockey staff) of mostly utter irrelevance and within just two and a half seasons created something from nothing that no one wanted any part of in the post season. Proved they were the real deal for being program fixers. Their reward??? See if you can do it again. I don't think so.

Within days it will be happy hour for college hockey coaches being shown the door, just like the NFL during the several days following the regular season. Some of the openings will involve once dominate programs that have lost touch with the lead pack and need "fixing". Just look at the BU thread where they are screaming for scalps!!! Staff should be exploring opportunities to go fix those programs at anywhere from twice to five times the salary than the pay grade here. If such an opportunity presents itself, they should take it regardless of how much or little the salary hike is. Just get the hell out of here!!!

Come to think of it, late in the summer most of us who live close by will also have to make a decision when the season ticket application arrives. That decision, assuming there even is a season next fall, includes determining whether there is anything worth going back to other than more seasons of total irrelevance. Other considerations would include whether individuals you have socialized with at the games for decades will even come around anymore. Anyone who does not like their answers to those questions can take solace in the fact that there is already about $325 (including parking) still in their checkbooks for the obviously needlessly cancelled season. Obviously meaning that 51 of 59 programs in the mainland states played!!! And we always thought there were only six dorks when, in fact, there were actually eight!!! Regardless, since I know of no one who died, took ill or even suffered withdrawal from saving the first $325, there is absolutely no reason why you can't make it $650 and then $975 and then so on.

F the administration (not the athletic department)??? Absolutely!!! They may very well have destroyed something that has been an area staple since January, 1950. It's as if they carried out the step by step instructions complete with illustrations from an owners' manual to get this done.
                    This has been a lousy year, and I understand the animosity toward the administration. But I have always rooted for the name on the front of the sweater. And that won't change next year. I will be rooting for whoever is in that jersey, and I will find favorites among the players on the team.
                    It will still be RPI hockey and I will still care about them.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

This has been a lousy year, and I understand the animosity toward the administration. But I have always rooted for the name on the front of the sweater. And that won't change next year. I will be rooting for whoever is in that jersey, and I will find favorites among the players on the team.
                      It will still be RPI hockey and I will still care about them.
                      It has changed many times over the years between RPI and Rensselaer. :-D
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 4 April 2021. There are 181 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post

G Connor Murphy maybe??
                          Murphy's a local kid that played in the Clifton Park program so it's possible. Alternatively, Neil Shea is also in the portal. He hasn't been nearly the college scorer he was projected to be when he was recruited before his Lawrence Academy linemate, the aforementioned Fontaine, but perhaps he can pull a Chase Zieky and finally deliver on his promise in Troy.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

Murphy's a local kid that played in the Clifton Park program so it's possible. Alternatively, Neil Shea is also in the portal. He hasn't been nearly the college scorer he was projected to be when he was recruited before his Lawrence Academy linemate, the aforementioned Fontaine, but perhaps he can pull a Chase Zieky and finally deliver on his promise in Troy.
                            It would be ironic to get Shea whom NZ rated at 4.00.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I will only begin thinking about a next season when i see it. Too much time left to go and far too many things can happen that can be used as ammunition.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Today is 5 April 2021. There are 180 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X