Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is 15 March 2021. There are 201 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Our athletes are much smarter than Clarkson's. If this is inevitable due to "young people lack of self control", why hasn't it happened to every hockey team? Why was it just Clarkson? Projecting one stupid team onto all athletes is flawed logic
      I don’t disagree with you that just because one group screws up doesn’t mean all will. But when you make rules, they aren’t directed at the vast majority who are compliant. They are created because you anticipate people will break the rules and you are trying to prevent people from doing so. The flawed logic is thinking people will do the right thing. The “our kids aren’t like that” thinking.

Comment

• Today is 16 March 2021. There are 200 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
          "And you wonder why SAJ seems unreasonable? Perhaps she has insight into the young person’s lack of self control?
          Thank you - I really needed this post. Could not stop laughing! Seems unreasonable?
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post

I don’t disagree with you that just because one group screws up doesn’t mean all will. But when you make rules, they aren’t directed at the vast majority who are compliant. They are created because you anticipate people will break the rules and you are trying to prevent people from doing so. The flawed logic is thinking people will do the right thing. The “our kids aren’t like that” thinking.
            when I coached football (8-13 year olds) the kids would always complain about moving back 5 yards during wind sprints when someone committed a false start when I made it on 2 or 3. They’d say “but I didn’t jump, why do I have to move back?” I replied, “during games, if one person jumps, does the whole team get penalized?” After that, no complaints. You’d think people would understand that.

Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/RPI_Hockey/statu...462071300?s=20

Sounds like Sellar is staying next season. This is huge!
              I've also heard that Linden Marshall is staying for his masters degree.

Comment

• Today is 17 March 2021. There are 199 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Our athletes are much smarter than Clarkson's.
                  Youthful indiscretions also afflict the enlightened. In the 2014-2015 season, New Year's Eve fell on a Wednesday night. RPI was hosting sixth-ranked Miami of Ohio for a weekend series beginning that Friday. Did Seth Appert give the team instructions to stay home on NYE? At this point, you can skip to the end of the story, which was published in the newspaper: https://dailygazette.com/2015/01/04/...eySuspensions/

Comment

https://twitter.com/RPI_Hockey/statu...462071300?s=20

Sounds like Sellar is staying next season. This is huge!
                    I've also heard that Linden Marshall is staying for his masters degree.
                    Great!

Comment

• Today is 18 March 2021. There are 198 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...n-16034051.php

At last! Some light at the end of the tunnel...!!??

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                          https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...n-16034051.php

Could you summarize for those of us who aren't subscribers?

Despite that I cast my annual vote against Shirley for the Board of Directors of a stock which I own. :-D
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Could you summarize for those of us who aren't subscribers?

Despite that I cast my annual vote against Shirley for the Board of Directors of a stock which I own. :-D
                            Here you go.

The RPI softball team will finally be allowed to practice in small groups on Monday, the first time the players will gather on a field since their 2020 season was cut short by the coronavirus pandemic.

The Engineers were undefeated through a dozen games and playing in Florida when college sports came to a halt a year ago.

“Certainly, my kids are ready to get out and get on the field and do something, even if it is small groups,” RPI head coach Amber Maisonet said Wednesday. “They’re ready for anything at this point.”

They still don’t know if they’ll be able to play games this spring. But RPI took a significant step with the announcement on Wednesday its athletic teams will be able to participate in training and conditioning.

Until now, RPI has had the strictest COVID-19 precautions of any NCAA school in the Capital Region. RPI’s athletes have not been able to hold any team activities — either practices or games — or use the school’s athletic facilities this academic year.

RPI associate athletic director for communications Kevin Beattie said the plan is for the spring teams — including softball, baseball, lacrosse, golf, tennis and track and field — to start workouts on Monday, followed later in the week by the fall and winter teams.

In a news release, RPI said any participation in games this spring will be “dependent on the overall public health situation,” encompassing the school and the communities around RPI and its opponents.

RPI is currently in a campus-wide quarantine but plans to return to in-person classes on Monday, depending on test results, the school said.

The Liberty League, which includes RPI, Union and Skidmore, is beginning its spring sports schedule on March 26. Union and Skidmore are already committed to competing.

“Knowing that our last competition was more than a year ago, we couldn’t be more excited to give these kids the opportunity and some normalcy and get going in a week or so,” Union athletic director Jim McLaughlin said.

Union already allowed its athletes to practice this academic year under COVID-19 protocols.

“Thankfully, we’ve been able to engage throughout to make sure fitness levels are where they need to be,” said McLaughlin, asked if his teams will be ready to play on March 26. “Our athletic training staff does a terrific job of monitoring and we’ve been in full swing for a couple of weeks now and I think they’ll be ready to go.”

RPI athletic director Lee McElroy acknowledged his athletes are eager to do something, especially when all the surrounding schools are active.

“There’s a lot of energy, a lot of enthusiasm, a lot of excitement,” McElroy said. “Again, as we have since this all started, we have been driven by following the science and the metrics.”

RPI’s teams won’t be ready to play games on March 26. But the Engineers could join Liberty League competition later in the spring, according to league commissioner Tracy King.

“In all of our sports, we will have an odd number of teams, so we would simply be able to plug RPI into the bye dates,” King said. “It wouldn’t be a problem if RPI opts to compete.”

Maisonet and baseball coach Keith Glasser anticipated it would take about four weeks of practice for their teams to be ready to play, which could start the season in mid-April.

“You always want to be as hopeful as possible with everything that’s gone on in the last year,” Glasser said. “Losing last season, you’d hate to have it happen again. But we’ve got to be prepared for both scenarios. If and when we get the go-ahead, it’ll be awesome to get back on the field and compete and practice and see your teammates and do all the things you want to do as a student-athlete.”

Comment

• Sezenack,
                              Thanks
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                                https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...n-16034051.php

Good news for some, too late for a lot of others.

Laughable that this took so long. Embarrassing actually.

Truly hope this goes off without a hitch and Spring sports can compete. Question is how will SAJ react when the first positive case strikes an athlete when that athlete is in season or has access to facilities. Given her history, as recent as a .3% positive rate to shut entire campus down, not holding out too much hope. She will shut things down as fast (or slow) as she opened them.

Comment

Working...
                                X