Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is 12 March 2021. There are 204 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post

Thank you for the post. Great points.

Have to add that as a student you MUST submit to bi-weekly testing if you are ARCH/off campus /online student, whom has not accessed campus this semester, but live within 25 miles of campus.....or face academic disciplinary actions........so SAJ is worried about a .3% positive rate for persons whom have access to campus, but yet are demanding “outside population” to mandatory on campus testing......what about protecting the “RPI Community”.......

“Shut the front door”........

Do you think that maybe it was SAJ's policy that kept the campus down to only 30 positive cases? Just asking.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

Do you think that maybe it was SAJ's policy that kept the campus down to only 30 positive cases? Just asking.
        Instead of 31?
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-12-2021, 11:08 AM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• RPI has unquestionably done a great job of controlling the virus. Taken in isolation the policy could be considered a complete success. However, there are now a few thousand students that have had little or no true collegiate experience. Thousands of others are nearing departure with their strongest memory of Troy being all the challenges of the last year. Losing hockey players is just an indicator of the price for lack of communication. If RPI doesn't want to lose many students and connections to young alumni you would hope that a lot of the thinking in the Troy Building is turning toward how to get things going again and getting the message out about those plans for the summer and fall terms.

I got a chuckle when I heard that the students were quarantied in their rooms for two weeks with meals delivered. No, I'm not a sadist. i just remembered that Colgate did that as part of their reopening plan. Their president took a room in a dorm and lived the same lifestyle for two weeks as a shared experience. The chuckle was over a mental image of Shirley doing the same. It would never happen.

Comment

• Today is 13 March 2021. There are 203 days (29 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
              Email tonight From RPI:

Good afternoon RPI Hockey Fans,

We have all missed Engineers Hockey-every part of what makes the hockey season so special.

The RPI Pepband has developed an AI experience, and the 19-20 RPI Hockey Team has been programmed into NHL’21 EA Sports!
              Tomorrow at 7PM, please join us at RPITV’s YouTube Channel to check out this RPI Hockey Game simulation.
              The RPI Pepband will be performing, and Perry Laskaris will be hosting a couple interviews with RPI’s Men Hockey players and Head Coach Dave Smith!
              We look forward to seeing you tomorrow night!

Let’s Go Red!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fawn7vR0bdk
              FWIW, Union won 6-5. interesting that Marshall was in goal instead of Savory. They were using last year's roster including Burgess and Ashbrook as well as last year's grads.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• On Saturday, S-Kiekko lost to Haukat 7-3. They lost the best-of-3 playoff series 2-0. This apparently ends their season. Ottoville Leppänen had a goal and 2 assists (2 PPAs). http://tulospalvelu.leijonat.fi/game...=55094&lang=en

Leppänen's line is now 8-8-7-15-0.
                Well, he couldn’t win the game himself.
                I hadn’t noticed before, but there are 10- and 20-minute penalties.

For the record, Leppanen's page http://www.leijonat.fi/index.php/ind...b6fe1db68513d9
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-13-2021, 02:11 PM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fawn7vR0bdk
                  FWIW, Union won 6-5. interesting that Marshall was in goal instead of Savory. They were using last year's roster including Burgess and Ashbrook as well as last year's grads.
                  Thanks. I only skimmed a couple of minutes of it. I assume the uniform designs were limited by the software and that the single "R" on the jersey was not a preview of new uniforms.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

Thanks. I only skimmed a couple of minutes of it. I assume the uniform designs were limited by the software and that the single "R" on the jersey was not a preview of new uniforms.
                    I suspect that too.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• The most interesting thing was that they listed the teams as the Albany Engineers and the Greenville Dutchmen.

Comment

• NHL 21 only has a limited selection of logos, cities and jersey designs that you can use for customization

Comment

• Today is 14 March 2021. There are 202 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Just read Clarkson’s season ends just as playoffs were about to begin and with a 2-2 record against Quinnipiac. And the reason is....because the men’s and women’s team had a party. Against the rules set up in order to have a season. All the effort. All the willingness to follow the expectations in order to play. All thrown out the window to have a party BEFORE the playoffs. And you wonder why SAJ seems unreasonable? Perhaps she has insight into the young person’s lack of self control? Think the coaches reminded the players to behave? Wasted breath.

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                              Just read Clarkson’s season ends just as playoffs were about to begin and with a 2-2 record against Quinnipiac. And the reason is....because the men’s and women’s team had a party. Against the rules set up in order to have a season. All the effort. All the willingness to follow the expectations in order to play. All thrown out the window to have a party BEFORE the playoffs. And you wonder why SAJ seems unreasonable? Perhaps she has insight into the young person’s lack of self control? Think the coaches reminded the players to behave? Wasted breath.
                              Our athletes are much smarter than Clarkson's. If this is inevitable due to "young people lack of self control", why hasn't it happened to every hockey team? Why was it just Clarkson? Projecting one stupid team onto all athletes is flawed logic

Comment

• Originally posted by VGK View Post
                                Fwiw, my daughter tells me Liberty League is competing for spring sports - but not RPI. RPI and one other school have cancelled.

We're bringing her home this weekend. We were hopeful if LL played this spring then the hockey players could practice. Silly us. What were we thinking. At least we should get about 50% back on Room and Board. They might be losing lots of R&B if all the athletes go home.
                                Not withstanding the fact that there has yet to be any official announcement from the institution regarding the cancellation of spring sports since your post of March 1, the information provided in it at that time has proven to be MATERIALLY correct.

Multiple Liberty League institutions have now posted spring schedules on their websites. One institution is not listed on a single one of them. Guess it is now unofficially official. Two seasons taken from all of the spring athletes and only some deity would know if it ends there.

The only thing that has proven to be off from the two week old post is that there is no second Liberty League school that cancelled spring sports. All other conference institutions are accounted for on the schedules that have been posted.

Comment

Working...
                                X