No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime: In Memory of Turk181

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Saturday, S-Kiekko lost to JHT 6-5. Ottoville Leppänen had a goal (penalty shot) and an assist. http://www.tilastopalvelu.fi/ih/game...=54742&lang=en

Leppänen's line is now 5-7-5-12-0.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post

Not from what I have heard ... so you are wrong Sez. SAJ has NOT committed to a season in the fall.
      Don't put words in my mouth. Not once in my post did I mention SAJ. I simply said the country is on track to reach herd immunity well before the fall.

Comment

• How many players players is that total in the transfer portal now? By my count, it's 8. Savory, Ashbrook, DiGrande, Lee, Babichuk and 3 others who were not named. Would love for someone to confirm if I'm remembering correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
          How many players players is that total in the transfer portal now? By my count, it's 8. Savory, Ashbrook, DiGrande, Lee, Babichuk and 3 others who were not named. Would love for someone to confirm if I'm remembering correctly.
          I’ve only heard of two others rumored to be in portal, with more to potentially follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post

I’ve only heard of two others rumored to be in portal, with more to potentially follow.
            Ok, only two others right now. Hopefully, some of them decide to stay but not going to get my hopes up. I really wish there were positive things to talk about with the team/program! The negativity is really a bummer.

Comment

• Mark Divver @MarkDivver
              RPI defensemen Cory Babichuk & Brady Ferner have entered the transfer portal

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                Mark Divver @MarkDivver
                RPI defensemen Cory Babichuk & Brady Ferner have entered the transfer portal
                :-(
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

:-(
                  Ouch....thanks Shirley!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post

Ouch....thanks Shirley!!!!
                    Actually I blame McElroy as much as Shirley. If he doesn't have the gonads to tell her that we owe these athletes some assurances about their careers at RPI then he shouldn't be the AD. He was retired when Shirley hired him - perhaps he views this job as a nice pension supplement so he doesn't want to actually do the job and rock the boat a little bit. The AD is supposed to argue in favor of what's best for the RPI athletic programs and, while I agreed with the cancellation of the season, it sounds like he stopped even trying to do his job when he failed to push through the types of accomodations and information flow that other schools have to keep the athletes active and involved.
                    Last edited by rpi82; 03-07-2021, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• Today is 7 March 2021. There are 209 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

Actually I blame McElroy as much as Shirley. If he doesn't have the gonads to tell her that we owe these athletes some assurances about their careers at RPI then he shouldn't be the AD. He was retired when Shirley hired him - perhaps he views this job as a nice pension supplement so he doesn't want to actually do the job and rock the boat a little bit. The AD is supposed to argue in favor of what's best for the RPI athletic programs and, while I agreed with the cancellation of the season, it sounds like he stopped even trying to do his job when he failed to push through the types of accomodations and information flow that other schools have to keep the athletes active and involved.
                        I totally agree with this.
                        As for Shirley, how many of you had the responsibility of running an organization of this size?
                        If she gave special attention to the athletes, how would that look to the rest of the student body. All of these kids want to attend classes in person and be part of the college experience.
                        She is in charge of all the students not just the hockey team.
                        I hate this whole situation, but I will not blame her for trying to keep these students healthy. JMO.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

• Today’s TU has an article about the rise in cases on local campuses. And take a look at the reports and videos of Spring break in Florida. The young people were asked not to do exactly what they are doing. And....So you are in charge of an organization with the majority of your charges young people who will do what exactly if you open the door a little and say to them “Please don’t go over the line drawn on the floor on the inside of the door”? Do I think Shirley should have been more transparent about her rationalization for the decisions she made? Yes I do. Do I think she had a very good reason to be as strict about things as she had been? Yeah I do. The minute she started to make exceptions for this group or that group, she would have lost control of the situation. The result she obtained by her policies was because of those policies , not in spite of them.

Comment

• On Sunday, S-Kiekko lost to D-Keikko 5-4. Ottoville Leppänen had no points or penalties. http://www.tilastopalvelu.fi/ih/game...=54739&lang=en

Leppänen's line is now 6-7-5-12-0.
                            This was their last regular season games. I don’t know about playoffs.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Don't put words in my mouth. Not once in my post did I mention SAJ. I simply said the country is on track to reach herd immunity well before the fall.
                              "Let's be clear though that next season is not in jeopardy." I was referring to your quote. What you said is obvious. I was stating simply that next season is in jeopardy due to the fact that SAJ has not committed to a hockey season - therefore your quoted statement is incorrect.
                              Last edited by sk8tronthepond; 03-07-2021, 10:53 AM.
                              I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

There isn't much difference between McElroy and Kermit the Frog, as they're both puppets. He can't even remember your name when you meet him a second time. As far as having gonads, there is not one person in SAJ's cabinet that stands up to her, which is why they are in her cabinet in the first place. June can't come soon enough!
                                I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Working...
                                X