No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime: In Memory of Turk181

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is 3 March 2021. There are 213 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
      All the athletes seem to think the season is cancelled. I think they just see the writing on the wall and the fact that Her Majesty does not care about athletics at all and has no intentions of letting them play. The fact that the administration continues to drag this out is ridiculous, and the athletes are refusing to go along for the ride because they'd rather not get their hopes up.
      Exactly right. They tuned out SAJ long ago....she has less than zero credibility at this point. Her lips move, but she doesn't say anything.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        RPI's football coach is apparently in a dream world https://***********/CoachRI/status/1366766014713761793

Congratulations to @LLAthletics Student-athletes & Coaches. Presidents vote unanimously to play spring sports! Can't wait to see @RPIAthletics spring teams in action. Campus 7-day positivity rate is .3%, well below the state guidelines. #REDFAM waiting for the Green Light!
        No, the man is not in a dream world. His numbers are spot in. Even with 30 cases or so his calculation of three tenths of one percent is accurate. RPI is a community of almost 10,000 people made up of over 8,100 enrollees and almost 1,800 administration, faculty and support staff. The precise number is slightly over 9,900. That is three tenths of one percent. They would have to reach 40 cases just to make it four tenths of one percent.

By contrast, as of this morning the entirety of Rensselaer County has 312 cases throughout their 2 cities, 14 towns, 11 hamlets, 7 designated census places and 6 villages. The population of the county is approximately 160,000 spread out over 665 square miles. That is a positivity rate of about two tenths of one percent which the county officials are very happy with compared to past numbers.

The point is that neither two or three tenths of a percent should result in any quarantine in place and shut everything down orders.

What strikes me (an accountant for four decades) as outright suspicious is that a private property (the campus) that has imposed the most draconian measures imaginable over their mere 300 or so acres not only has a percentage rate that exceed the county's rate but accounts for about 10% of the entire number of county cases (312) that cover 665 square miles!!!

Sorry, but that data just sets off the automatic accountants' alarm (even a retired one). So much so that if I were one of those thirty or so positive people, I would be arranging for a second test at a facility with no connection to the institution nor sharing any of the institutions' "interests or agendas" in the results of said test even if I had to pay for it.

Comment

• Tony/troy, no qualms about the percentage. i was referring to what Shirley indicated about spring sports.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

No, the man is not in a dream world. His numbers are spot in. Even with 30 cases or so his calculation of three tenths of one percent is accurate. RPI is a community of almost 10,000 people made up of over 8,100 enrollees and almost 1,800 administration, faculty and support staff. The precise number is slightly over 9,900. That is three tenths of one percent. They would have to reach 40 cases just to make it four tenths of one percent.

By contrast, as of this morning the entirety of Rensselaer County has 312 cases throughout their 2 cities, 14 towns, 11 hamlets, 7 designated census places and 6 villages. The population of the county is approximately 160,000 spread out over 665 square miles. That is a positivity rate of about two tenths of one percent which the county officials are very happy with compared to past numbers.

The point is that neither two or three tenths of a percent should result in any quarantine in place and shut everything down orders.

What strikes me (an accountant for four decades) as outright suspicious is that a private property (the campus) that has imposed the most draconian measures imaginable over their mere 300 or so acres not only has a percentage rate that exceed the county's rate but accounts for about 10% of the entire number of county cases (312) that cover 665 square miles!!!

Sorry, but that data just sets off the automatic accountants' alarm (even a retired one). So much so that if I were one of those thirty or so positive people, I would be arranging for a second test at a facility with no connection to the institution nor sharing any of the institutions' "interests or agendas" in the results of said test even if I had to pay for it.

Very good points.

SAJ’s thought process(power trip) is not only bizarre, but downright off the effing wall.

So ......if you are are on men’s hockey team (or any other team) at RPI, how much more can person take with no positive direction/communication from SAJ? Again, I can’t imagine the mental/emotional anguish these young people are going thru, with zero sign of hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post

Very good points.

SAJ’s thought process(power trip) is not only bizarre, but downright off the effing wall.

So ......if you are are on men’s hockey team (or any other team) at RPI, how much more can person take with no positive direction/communication from SAJ? Again, I can’t imagine the mental/emotional anguish these young people are going thru, with zero sign of hope.
              I can 100% tell you these kids are struggling. 110%.

Comment

• Originally posted by VGK View Post

I can 100% tell you these kids are struggling. 110%.
                As hard as it may appear for you and your young one to be doing anything but struggling in the short term, perhaps this may help for the long term.

While the leadership group of the past two decades has been nothing short of Three Stooges, Keystone Cops or Hardy Boys like, even they could not touch one thing (at least not yet). That one thing is that the place essentially is still the great world renowned Rensselaer whose degrees lead to early career (first three years) median salaries matched by very, very few. Granted that median may run a little higher than the listed figure for the tech majors and a little lower for the non tech majors, but at those numbers nobody should lose much sleep over it.

That figure as published by Money Magazine based on 2018 data is $69,100. It ranked 16th of the near 300 universities from coast to coast rated by the publication at that time. That figure absolutely buries any of the other prestigious division 3 institutions that make up the Liberty League with the next best one languishing some $4,000 a year behind. I did more than just fine with the degree I got some 46 years ago but it would have been far better with one of those Rensselaer sheepskins in the drawer.

Long term, what goes around comes around. That goes double for hockey players, male or female. Their minds are often wired a little different. Eventually they all stop playing but they never ever stop not forgetting. So when the day comes that the above salary grades kick in, it will roughly coincide with the first solicitation from the institution asking for some of it. At that point your young one can tell them to go pound salt for STEALING an entire year of something that is often the most fun of anything you do in a lifetime. Tell them that instead of giving it to them, friends will be gathered for a party and it will instead be spent on spilt liquor. If that put down line sounds vaguely familiar, the one and only Rick Flair used to use variations of it in his promos.

Finally VGK, good luck getting 50% of your prepaid room and board fees back from that management group. That is the same management group who last fall tried to get $200 per season ticket out of us fans for games to be played on ice that WAS NEVER LAID DOWN TO THIS VERY DAY. It is my understanding that "fundraising effort" failed miserably. Keep us tabbed on how you made out with the refund. It may prove to be even more "entertainment"!!!

Comment

• Today is 4 March 2021. There are 212 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Yes, we're well aware we may never see a penny refunded back to us. Such is life. But that doesn't mean we're not gonna try! Her meeting with her dean was yesterday (Wed), and she was told the filing of her paperwork will be delayed two weeks because of the shutdown. That starts today, Thursday. Makes sense? But her teammate that had her meeting on Tue got her paperwork filed. Again, makes sense? I guess the admin office isn't working during these two weeks, and took an extra day?

Thank you for the wise words! We've been repeating that far too often this past year... It will be well worth the education in the long run. RPI looks amazing on a resume. Bonus? She gets another year eligibility (I'm pretty sure about that?), so masters degree. The girl has goals - a lake house and a jeep. She's keeping up her studies, loves math and physics, and is keeping her eye on the prize. It's just gonna be a big, unneccesary struggle in the beginning apparently.

Sorry to talk about my girl in the mens team topic, but there's not much else to talk about here...

Comment

Yes, we're well aware we may never see a penny refunded back to us. Such is life. But that doesn't mean we're not gonna try! Her meeting with her dean was yesterday (Wed), and she was told the filing of her paperwork will be delayed two weeks because of the shutdown. That starts today, Thursday. Makes sense? But her teammate that had her meeting on Tue got her paperwork filed. Again, makes sense? I guess the admin office isn't working during these two weeks, and took an extra day?

Thank you for the wise words! We've been repeating that far too often this past year... It will be well worth the education in the long run. RPI looks amazing on a resume. Bonus? She gets another year eligibility (I'm pretty sure about that?), so masters degree. The girl has goals - a lake house and a jeep. She's keeping up her studies, loves math and physics, and is keeping her eye on the prize. It's just gonna be a big, unneccesary struggle in the beginning apparently.

Sorry to talk about my girl in the mens team topic, but there's not much else to talk about here...
                      No need to apologize -- always great to hear about RPI's great young student athletes...they are the fabric of the place ! Kudos to her for sticking with her studies...eyes on the prize is right ! I can completely relate to the every-day disfunction of the RPI administration --outside of a pandemic. I've never seen another higher ed operation treat their students and parents as poorly as RPI does.
                      I have young RPI bio-med grad in my life who worked her tail off.... and her degree absolutely landed her a great first job on the west coast...during a pandemic. But she was thrilled to leave the school in the rear view...
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Yes, we're well aware we may never see a penny refunded back to us. Such is life. But that doesn't mean we're not gonna try! Her meeting with her dean was yesterday (Wed), and she was told the filing of her paperwork will be delayed two weeks because of the shutdown. That starts today, Thursday. Makes sense? But her teammate that had her meeting on Tue got her paperwork filed. Again, makes sense? I guess the admin office isn't working during these two weeks, and took an extra day?

From everything that I have read, she will get an extra year of eligibility. She would have gotten it even if we had played. OTOH, there is a question about if she would receive a scholarship if she stays an extra year. AFAIK, the limit will remain at 18 full scholarships. It will be the coaching staff's decision how to spit up the money.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• On Thursday, S-Kiekko defeated Riemu 4-2. Ottoville Leppänen scored a goal. http://www.tilastopalvelu.fi/ih/game...=54728&lang=en

Leppänen's line is now 4-6-4-10-0.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• “RPI defenseman Cory Babichuk has entered the NCAA transfer portal, per a source. Babichuk was slated to be a sophomore this season at RPI before the school canceled its 2020-21 season.” - via College Hockey Insider

And the second round of transfer portal entries begins........

Comment

• Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post
                              “RPI defenseman Cory Babichuk has entered the NCAA transfer portal, per a source. Babichuk was slated to be a sophomore this season at RPI before the school canceled its 2020-21 season.” - via College Hockey Insider

And the second round of transfer portal entries begins........

If true, the timing of this is curious. The season is winding down and there’s no playing time to be had now. I don’t think this one can be blamed on the cancellation of the season.
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

If true, the timing of this is curious. The season is winding down and there’s no playing time to be had now. I don’t think this one can be blamed on the cancellation of the season.
                                My view would be this is on SAJ, not Dave S and staff, and her inability to provide guidance to all athletes over the past year. Spring season again cancelled, campus shut down/quarantine this week on a .3% positive rate, no athletic facilities opened all year etc. The list goes on and on. As an athlete at RPI right now, especially men’s hockey, not much reason to believe there will be a season next year. Players are not going to risk waiting too long to find out. SAJs track record clear and precise........she makes her own rules with zero regard for her athletic staff or student athletes.

Comment

Working...
                                X