No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime: In Memory of Turk181

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fwiw, my daughter tells me Liberty League is competing for spring sports - but not RPI. RPI and one other school have cancelled.

We're bringing her home this weekend. We were hopeful if LL played this spring then the hockey players could practice. Silly us. What were we thinking. At least we should get about 50% back on Room and Board. They might be losing lots of R&B if all the athletes go home.

Comment

• Originally posted by VGK View Post
      Fwiw, my daughter tells me Liberty League is competing for spring sports - but not RPI. RPI and one other school have cancelled.

We're bringing her home this weekend. We were hopeful if LL played this spring then the hockey players could practice. Silly us. What were we thinking. At least we should get about 50% back on Room and Board. They might be losing lots of R&B if all the athletes go home.
      Sorry to hear your daughter is going home, don’t blame you/her at all. Very unfortunate.

But I am reading you correctly that RPI has cancelled Spring sports, even though it appears SAJ voted to move forward with LL competing?? She has chosen to opt RPI out of Spring season??

https://libertyleagueathletics.com/n...pionships.aspx

Comment

• https://covid19.rpi.edu/announcement...ic-competition
        Link to RPI officially saying “we just don’t know what to do.” She must have heard a flat out “no.”
        hahaha..... of course if our daughter comes home, they’ll play spring sports, the ice will go in, and the remaining girls will finally get to practice. Which is ideal.
        If she stays, nada. And we can get her ice time 2x week at home which is better than nothing.

The indecisiveness and lack of communication is so aggravating. It’s really messing with these kids heads.

Comment

• Today is 2 March 2021. There are 214 days (7 months) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• All the athletes seem to think the season is cancelled. I think they just see the writing on the wall and the fact that Her Majesty does not care about athletics at all and has no intentions of letting them play. The fact that the administration continues to drag this out is ridiculous, and the athletes are refusing to go along for the ride because they'd rather not get their hopes up.

Comment

• https://***********/RPI_Hockey/statu...70044500402184

Nick Bowman on his teammates: There is nothing like being an Engineer!

I don't have teammates, I have brothers who will be with me for life. Every person on this team is selfless and will go out of their way to be the best friend they can be.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I just received the following e-mail.

The following memo was shared with members of the Rensselaer campus community. We are sharing it with you – our alumni and alumnae – as part of our ongoing effort to keep you informed.

March 2, 2021

To: The Rensselaer Community
                Re: Spring Athletic Competition

The health and safety of Rensselaer community members, within and outside of the campus, remains our top priority. While we support the Liberty League's Presidents Council's plan to return to athletics competition this spring, and the adherence by student athletes and team personnel to a rigorous COVID-19 testing protocol in order to ensure a healthy and safe environment for competition, we have not made a final decision regarding Rensselaer participation in spring competition.

We are developing a plan to allow our athletic teams to participate in training and conditioning, and a possible delayed entry into Liberty League competition. The degree to which we may participate in Liberty League competition is dependent on the overall public health situation - internal to Rensselaer, the communities around us, and the communities inside and around the schools against whom we compete. Currently we remain concerned, given a recent rise in COVID-19 cases at Rensselaer, and we will continue to monitor and evaluate the overall public health situation.

The Rensselaer spring athletic programs which may be impacted include baseball, golf, softball, men's and women's track and field, men's and women's lacrosse, and men's and women's tennis.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                  All the athletes seem to think the season is cancelled. I think they just see the writing on the wall and the fact that Her Majesty does not care about athletics at all and has no intentions of letting them play. The fact that the administration continues to drag this out is ridiculous, and the athletes are refusing to go along for the ride because they'd rather not get their hopes up.
                  Truly a sad situation. A year to figure out things and to have a second Spring season postponed is mind boggling.

SAJ setting up the "we postponed Spring sports twice, we have to do the same for Fall/Winter sports as well"......???? Can't imagine the emotional/mental strain this is putting on these student athletes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    I just received the following e-mail.
                    "We are developing a plan to allow our athletic teams to participate in training and conditioning......"

I for one am not buying it. It is widely known every sport has had multiple plans submitted since last summer for a return to practice/play, only to collect dust on SAJ's desk.

Comment

• SAJ will follow whatever the Ivy league does - Ivy league cancels spring sports? So will RPI. RPI is not an Ivy school, either academically or athletically but the administration likes to think it is so follows them. No leadership just follow. No supporting your peers in the LL or in ECAC. Meanwhile, Alabama said that they will have full capacity next fall for football and Texas just dropped their mask mandate and everything is open 100%. Can college hockey please come south outside of UAH?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
                        SAJ will follow whatever the Ivy league does - Ivy league cancels spring sports? So will RPI. RPI is not an Ivy school, either academically or athletically but the administration likes to think it is so follows them. No leadership just follow. No supporting your peers in the LL or in ECAC. Meanwhile, Alabama said that they will have full capacity next fall for football and Texas just dropped their mask mandate and everything is open 100%. Can college hockey please come south outside of UAH?
                        Agreed SAJ will follow the Ivies. However, there are some Ivy school's allowing hockey practice at the moment.

Comment

• Since SAJ has no clue about athletics, how can she understand student-athletes? She never has and never will.
                          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• RPI is going back into two week quarantine again. They’ve reached their limit of 30 people that are positive. I’m getting my kid out of prison, yay!

Not sure how they can possibly start practices and spring sports before the semester is over. Unbelievable. Truly.

Comment

• Originally posted by VGK View Post
                              RPI is going back into two week quarantine again. They’ve reached their limit of 30 people that are positive. I’m getting my kid out of prison, yay!

Not sure how they can possibly start practices and spring sports before the semester is over. Unbelievable. Truly.
                              I'm off-campus, but I've heard some real horror stories about the food that was getting served to on-campus students during the quarantine. Your daughter is definitely better off at home right now

Comment

• RPI's football coach is apparently in a dream world https://***********/CoachRI/status/1366766014713761793

Congratulations to @LLAthletics Student-athletes & Coaches. Presidents vote unanimously to play spring sports! Can't wait to see @RPIAthletics spring teams in action. Campus 7-day positivity rate is .3%, well below the state guidelines. #REDFAM waiting for the Green Light!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X