Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is 23 February 2021. There are 221 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post
      Albany to host NCAA hockey regional in place of Manchester next month.

OUCH.......the two schools right down the road not allowed to play this season, but an NCAA regional to be held in their backyard.
      Not sure where you got your information. I have checked the TU Center, the Times Union, and the NCAA websites and there is no mention of this on any of those sites. Wouldn’t be surprised if they do get the regional even though they would only be allowed to have 1400 fans at most in the building.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post

Not sure where you got your information. I have checked the TU Center, the Times Union, and the NCAA websites and there is no mention of this on any of those sites. Wouldn’t be surprised if they do get the regional even though they would only be allowed to have 1400 fans at most in the building.
        https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...Manchester.php

Comment

• Does the NCAA still designate a host school for each regional?

If so, who's going to be the host school for the regional in Albany? Will it be RPI or Union (even though neither one is playing hockey this season)? Will it be UAlbany (even though they have never had a Division I hockey program)? Or will it be UNH or Dartmouth, whichever is closer to the original site in Manchester?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            Does the NCAA still designate a host school for each regional?

If so, who's going to be the host school for the regional in Albany? Will it be RPI or Union (even though neither one is playing hockey this season)? Will it be UAlbany (even though they have never had a Division I hockey program)? Or will it be UNH or Dartmouth, whichever is closer to the original site in Manchester?
            I think that the ECAC is host for the regional in Albany in 2022. So it could be the league.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• This is great news, but I am wondering if anyone knows if there will be a Fan Fest on South Pearl St? Maybe instead of a beer tent, they could have Pfizer tent. “Pfizer is the one vaccine to have when you are having more than one”. And maybe a mask painting table. The possibilities are limitless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                Does the NCAA still designate a host school for each regional?

Hosting a regional!!! Hosting anything!!! Based on what I saw a little earlier, both highly unlikely.

As chance would have it, drove someone who is not comfortable driving themselves with dilated eyes to their appointment at the medical facility just below the fieldhouse. Since non patients cannot hang around waiting rooms these days, had to kill some time in other ways. So, took a drive around the property and saw the following:

1) All four fields with synthetic surfaces remain unplowed and totally covered with snow. Ditto the natural grass softball field.

2) ECAV, where most of the athletic offices and the strength and conditioning facilities are located, has both an upper and lower parking lot for staff and those using the facilities. Total number of cars in EACH lot? One!!!

Does that sound like anything having to do with athletics (including spring sports) being on tap anywhere in the foreseeable future?

The place looked much like any movie house you drive by these days. Nothing happening nor is anything going to happen there anytime soon.

Comment

• Today is 24 February 2021. There are 220 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                    This is great news, but I am wondering if anyone knows if there will be a Fan Fest on South Pearl St? Maybe instead of a beer tent, they could have Pfizer tent. “Pfizer is the one vaccine to have when you are having more than one”. And maybe a mask painting table. The possibilities are limitless.
                    Ha ha...love it.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Has anyone played any hockey games there in the last 12 months?
                      They'll be lucky if they remember how to make ice. The TUC was never known for ice quality.....even when they were home to a pro team.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

no one has played anything there in the last 12 months. It was just announced that it could reopen. They lost the men’s 1st/2nd round for bball, women’s regional for bball, and a lot of concerts. Since it can only operate at 10% capacity anyway, this will be good for them. With the new old arena footbzll team starting back up in June, this will be a good test run to work out the kinks.
                        The County Exec has gone on record as saying that 10% is not viable economically for events at the TUC (shocker). With the NCAA I believe stating they would allow 25%, the question remains will the TUC look for some attendance relief on the upcoming events. I'm not holding my breathe, but it would surprise me if they don't at least ask. Either way, if I can manage to somehow score a ticket, I will absolutely attend.

Comment

• Today is 25 February 2021. There are 219 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• https://twitter.com/HockeyMindsPod/s...42597319430150

We’re excited to announce that @RPI_HockeyCoach, Head Coach with @RPI_Hockey will be an upcoming guest on the podcast! Let us know what questions you have for Dave in the comments! #HockeyMinds
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              https://twitter.com/HockeyMindsPod/s...42597319430150

We’re excited to announce that @RPI_HockeyCoach, Head Coach with @RPI_Hockey will be an upcoming guest on the podcast! Let us know what questions you have for Dave in the comments! #HockeyMinds
                              For a second there I thought this was someone announcing they'd hired Smitty....ha ha. That will probably come next !

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                                Coach Weber liked all 3 of the tweets in this Red Army tweet thread. That seemingly confirms the dates of the 3 Union games, which would be 10/29, 10/30, and 1/29.

https://twitter.com/RPI_RedArmy/stat...901200904?s=20
                                Potentially good news....assuming the dictator allows anything which resembles fun, entertainment or competition on campus next fall...

Comment

Working...
                                X