Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just looked at college hockey stats. Owen Savory is dead last in gaa and save %. So what’s the thought on that? Overrated as a goalie? Over the past few years we have had goalies that lit it up for a year or so but quickly faded. Think Marshall and now Savory. His transfer will likely end any hope for his playing after college?

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
      Just looked at college hockey stats. Owen Savory is dead last in gaa and save %. So what’s the thought on that? Overrated as a goalie? Over the past few years we have had goalies that lit it up for a year or so but quickly faded. Think Marshall and now Savory. His transfer will likely end any hope for his playing after college?
      He's played like 4 games. I'd slow your roll there.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

He probably had little practice due to Shirley before going to UML.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

He probably had little practice due to Shirley before going to UML.
          It's been about 2 months. Even Shirley can't be blamed permanently. I think Owen thrives on a heavy workoooa and he's not really getting it at UM-L.

On the other hand Ashbrook scored again last night for MTU. He's fit in very well.

In fairness to the athletes I think both should be allowed to transfer back once the pandemic is over. If Owen returned to form and Tristan continued to grow, we'd be legitimate contenders.

Comment

• A short discussion about Zach Dubinsky by his coach in Omaha https://photos.app.goo.gl/KBAouNqQwbL7n36a7.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

It's been about 2 months. Even Shirley can't be blamed permanently. I think Owen thrives on a heavy workoooa and he's not really getting it at UM-L.

On the other hand Ashbrook scored again last night for MTU. He's fit in very well.

In fairness to the athletes I think both should be allowed to transfer back once the pandemic is over. If Owen returned to form and Tristan continued to grow, we'd be legitimate contenders.
              That certainly would be nice, and I think Savory would do it, but it would surprise me if it were allowed.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 21 February 2021. There are 223 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Coach Weber liked all 3 of the tweets in this Red Army tweet thread. That seemingly confirms the dates of the 3 Union games, which would be 10/29, 10/30, and 1/29.

https://twitter.com/RPI_RedArmy/stat...901200904?s=20

Comment

• Today is 22 February 2021. There are 222 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

On 2/22 there are 222 days left. :-D

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

A lot of moving parts to this...... how much goalie competition was there before OS arrived?? UML brought him in for one reason, and that was to create an intense competition. To this point it has not worked out for him. OS rolled the dice, can't imagine he has not wondered "what if I stayed?". He has proven to be a solid goalie at RPI, hope he can find his groove.

He had it good, very good at RPI. He had yet to be the #1 guy for an entire season his first two years, that opportunity was in front of him the next two seasons. He was essentially an unknown and was given the opportunity to earn his ice. He did that. If he felt he needed to play this year to progress and enhance his pro aspirations, then good on him. My opinion he was given bad advice and he chose to leave. Too many goalies at all levels not playing this year, so he would not have been left behind or forgotten about. Scouts are fully aware of the situation around the country. At this point, his results are on him, not anything related to SAJ or what RPI did or didn't do.

Have to wonder did he adjust/ be accepted to the new team/culture coming in at semester? A lot of hype for OS with his numbers last year. Also, ECAC noted for a defense first league, HEast a bit more wide open. That may have something to do with things as well. With RPI's returning dcore next couple of years, pretty solid group to help out a goaltender.

At this point all we can hope for is there are no more players who leave, the school can commit at some point (hopefully sooner than later) for a season in the Fall and we can move on with life and RPI hockey.......

Comment

• Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post

A lot of moving parts to this...... how much goalie competition was there before OS arrived?? UML brought him in for one reason, and that was to create an intense competition. To this point it has not worked out for him. OS rolled the dice, can't imagine he has not wondered "what if I stayed?". He has proven to be a solid goalie at RPI, hope he can find his groove.

He had it good, very good at RPI. He had yet to be the #1 guy for an entire season his first two years, that opportunity was in front of him the next two seasons. He was essentially an unknown and was given the opportunity to earn his ice. He did that. If he felt he needed to play this year to progress and enhance his pro aspirations, then good on him. My opinion he was given bad advice and he chose to leave. Too many goalies at all levels not playing this year, so he would not have been left behind or forgotten about. Scouts are fully aware of the situation around the country. At this point, his results are on him, not anything related to SAJ or what RPI did or didn't do.

Have to wonder did he adjust/ be accepted to the new team/culture coming in at semester? A lot of hype for OS with his numbers last year. Also, ECAC noted for a defense first league, HEast a bit more wide open. That may have something to do with things as well. With RPI's returning dcore next couple of years, pretty solid group to help out a goaltender.

At this point all we can hope for is there are no more players who leave, the school can commit at some point (hopefully sooner than later) for a season in the Fall and we can move on with life and RPI hockey.......
                        Really good post and I agree totally. The entire situation now is no longer about the pandemic - it is about what the powers that be want to do ab out and with the pandemic. Numbers of cases and deaths falling not just in the US but around the world so fast that it is surprising even the most pessimistic. Spring and summer is coming to the northern hemisphere (where hockey is played). Surely many will be saying in it is all the precautions and masking and social distancing along with the much awaited vaccines that is responsible for this precipitous drop in cases. Perhaps they will want to use that as reasons for continuing such draconian measures. But there are now many who are just starting to say this could be the natural progression and history for another of many influenza like epidemics as seen in the past. If it be the latter, then let's get hockey back on the ice and look forward to an RPI season (and yes, we will be a contender). If it be the former, then we can be sure that all sorts of reasons and excuses will be given to continue holding back any sort of hockey season or in person schooling.
                        I am so looking forward to seeing this RPI team on the ice - we have a solid nucleus, a very good coach, and some of the most devoted fans around. Let's Go Red!!!!!!! So I can stop watching reruns of old TV series and movies that I have seen so often now that i am speaking in movie lines!!!
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Here in NJ the governor announced that sports facilities can open to the public. For any arena with a capacity over 5000, an indoor facility can now have 10% of capacity and an outdoor arena can have 15% of capacity. How they arrive at these numbers is a mystery to me. The new regulations start march 1st. As far as i can tell, the only indoor pro sports team here in NJ that qualifies is the NJ Devils.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Albany to host NCAA hockey regional in place of Manchester next month.

OUCH.......the two schools right down the road not allowed to play this season, but an NCAA regional to be held in their backyard.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post
                              Albany to host NCAA hockey regional in place of Manchester next month.

OUCH.......the two schools right down the road not allowed to play this season, but an NCAA regional to be held in their backyard.
                              Has anyone played any hockey games there in the last 12 months?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Has anyone played any hockey games there in the last 12 months?
                                no one has played anything there in the last 12 months. It was just announced that it could reopen. They lost the men’s 1st/2nd round for bball, women’s regional for bball, and a lot of concerts. Since it can only operate at 10% capacity anyway, this will be good for them. With the new old arena footbzll team starting back up in June, this will be a good test run to work out the kinks.

Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X