No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime: In Memory of Turk181

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ture Linden is graduating a year early this spring, but he will be staying and doing his masters here. He also had shoulder surgery recently. I think he'll be 100% by the time they start up things for next season though.

Comment

• Today is 15 February 2021. There are 229 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 16 February 2021. There are 228 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

You are probably right. All 20-21 sports were probably cancelled in the mid summer of 2020. Only the "official" announcements were broken out seasonally. However, for those looking for a glimmer of hope and sanity, lacrosse is NOT played on Harkness field. They use the stadium for that. If the stadium is also uncleared then we know lacrosse is also done. Lacrosse has their first game last season one year ago Tuesday.
          Harkness is used for practices -- which is why I mentioned it.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by VGK View Post
            My daugher just told me they had an actual in person meeting with the coaches this morning. (not sure if mens team did too, but info is info) They basically said they're just waiting on her highness to approve of the plan to practice.
            I don't see the hold up. Even the high school, which is basically on campus, is starting their basketball season tonight. Yet HFH, one block away, isn't even having practices? I literally cannot grasp the logic there.
            My understanding is no member of the men's program came back to Troy for Spring semester. Multiple plans have been in front of SAJ since last summer. One year into this mess, I have thrown all logic out the window. Can't imagine any RPI athlete would have any positive vibes from the silent treatment from SAJ/administration they are getting.

Certainly glad to see the local high schools get back at it. But keep in mind there is not the extensive testing in place like RPI. Logic would say if high school can move forward, that SAJ should "follow the science" after , what, 100,000 (or more) tests on campus and very few positive tests. At least put a little faith in opening facilities to the ones paying their tuition and let all students get some sort of normalcy in their lives....... Truly a sad time to even try and speak of RPI athletics.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post

My understanding is no member of the men's program came back to Troy for Spring semester. Multiple plans have been in front of SAJ since last summer. One year into this mess, I have thrown all logic out the window. Can't imagine any RPI athlete would have any positive vibes from the silent treatment from SAJ/administration they are getting.

Certainly glad to see the local high schools get back at it. But keep in mind there is not the extensive testing in place like RPI. Logic would say if high school can move forward, that SAJ should "follow the science" after , what, 100,000 (or more) tests on campus and very few positive tests. At least put a little faith in opening facilities to the ones paying their tuition and let all students get some sort of normalcy in their lives....... Truly a sad time to even try and speak of RPI athletics.
              SAJ will follow the Ivies, she believes RPI is an Ivy. Athletics do not matter to her at all and the AD is not much help

Comment

• Originally posted by Northbynorthwest View Post

SAJ will follow the Ivies, she believes RPI is an Ivy. Athletics do not matter to her at all and the AD is not much help
                And that's a huge problem. As good as RPI is, it is certainly not an Ivy, and will not get any benefit of the doubt from fellow institutions.
                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• Has anyone heard if RPI is going to hold graduation this year, or is this also going to be done on line? I seem to recall that it wasn't held a year ago.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• According to the academic calendar, residence halls and apartments are scheduled to close on May 13 for all students not participating in Commencement. Commencement is scheduled for May 22.

The fact that they are contemplating people hanging around campus for nine days after May 13 would seem to indicate that they haven't made a decision to do everything on line, and an in-person Commencement ceremony might still be a possibility.

Of course, a lot of things might be a possibility, but who knows which of them will come to pass.

Comment

• Today is 17 February 2021. There are 227 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 18 February 2021. There are 226 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• "Klytus - I'm Bored"
                          We have started to watch reruns of professional bowling. eek and double eek!!
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Today is 19 February 2021. There are 225 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              "Klytus - I'm Bored"
                              We have started to watch reruns of professional bowling. eek and double eek!!
                              OUCH.
                              I feel your pain.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

• Today is 20 February 2021. There are 224 days (32 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X