This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jstadts View Post
    random, I`m bored Tuesday night post. Twelve Freshmen could be starters next year..omg
    Definitely going to be a young team next season. You factor in the 9 incoming freshmen (who I will still consider freshmen because they won't have D1 experience) along with whatever players they want to bring in this year, and you're looking at 10 minimum. I think it will probably be around 12 with Watson, McDonald and Ciccarello coming.

How does this affect the overall roster?
    Well the defense will be fine. We will still have Babichuk, Kjellberg, Hallbauer, Ferner, Johnson and Klee (as far as I know). Sertti and Davies were also players I thought would contribute as freshmen.
    The goalies will be in rough shape. Watson and Miller will both be freshmen. No goalies with D1 experience on the roster. They desperately need to find a transfer with starting experience here.
    The forwards are a wildcard. Lots of youth as there will be at least the 6 freshmen from this season and probably more than that factoring in the 2021 enrollees. With Ashbrook's transfer, only 3 forwards that were in the top 9 last season will be back (Linden, Leppanen, Dubinsky). The other returning forwards were all depth guys last season (Lee, Bowman, Mahshie, Lacka, Herrman). There's lots of talent in this freshman class, but you can't rely on immediate impacts from so many freshmen despite their talent. I really hope that DS can convince Sellar to stay instead of going pro or going to med school. We could really use his experience and leadership on this team. I'll say the same thing about Billy Jerry. They might even want to add another transfer here although it's not as dire as the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Definitely going to be a young team next season. You factor in the 9 incoming freshmen (who I will still consider freshmen because they won't have D1 experience) along with whatever players they want to bring in this year, and you're looking at 10 minimum. I think it will probably be around 12 with Watson, McDonald and Ciccarello coming.

How does this affect the overall roster?
      Well the defense will be fine. We will still have Babichuk, Kjellberg, Hallbauer, Ferner, Johnson and Klee (as far as I know). Sertti and Davies were also players I thought would contribute as freshmen.
      The goalies will be in rough shape. Watson and Miller will both be freshmen. No goalies with D1 experience on the roster. They desperately need to find a transfer with starting experience here.
      The forwards are a wildcard. Lots of youth as there will be at least the 6 freshmen from this season and probably more than that factoring in the 2021 enrollees. With Ashbrook's transfer, only 3 forwards that were in the top 9 last season will be back (Linden, Leppanen, Dubinsky). The other returning forwards were all depth guys last season (Lee, Bowman, Mahshie, Lacka, Herrman). There's lots of talent in this freshman class, but you can't rely on immediate impacts from so many freshmen despite their talent. I really hope that DS can convince Sellar to stay instead of going pro or going to med school. We could really use his experience and leadership on this team. I'll say the same thing about Billy Jerry. They might even want to add another transfer here although it's not as dire as the goaltending.
      Very informative post. I should have said first year skaters as this years freshmen will be sophomores.. with no experience. I was wondering about sellars. Two full years off. I haven`t heard a word on his status. Perhaps the NCAA will grant an extra year of eligibility due to this years non season? I can imagine the disbursement of scholarship money is one hell of a math problem.Lee dabbled in transfer portal.no idea if he drew any interest or if he is coming back.

Comment

Very informative post. I should have said first year skaters as this years freshmen will be sophomores.. with no experience. I was wondering about sellars. Two full years off. I haven`t heard a word on his status. Perhaps the NCAA will grant an extra year of eligibility due to this years non season? I can imagine the disbursement of scholarship money is one hell of a math problem.Lee dabbled in transfer portal.no idea if he drew any interest or if he is coming back.
        I doubt that Lee got any D-I interest.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 20 January 2021. There are 255 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

random, I`m bored Tuesday night post. Twelve Freshmen could be starters next year..omg
            At this rate, I won't care if we're dressing guys off of the club team next fall....so long as we get to watching live hockey again. The upside is that every team is in upheaval and transition with recruiting lists smoldering in the trash can...plenty of tough decisions to made both with players on current D1 rosters vs. those in the pipeline.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• I noticed that UML has cancelled scheduled games for this coming weekend as well.... I wonder if Savory can transfer back to RPI, similar to a free agent rental in pros sports ?? HA HA
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Do folks think there will be an extra year of eligibility offered to all players? And if so couldn’t some of the players especially one of the senior goalies play next year and get a graduate degree? I realize that could mess up incoming players, but it might offer a way to soften the blow a little bit?

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                  Do folks think there will be an extra year of eligibility offered to all players? And if so couldn’t some of the players especially one of the senior goalies play next year and get a graduate degree? I realize that could mess up incoming players, but it might offer a way to soften the blow a little bit?
                  Marshall would be eligible in any case since this could be his redshirt year.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• It would be a start.

Comment

• Today is 21 January 2021. There are 254 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Marshall would be eligible in any case since this could be his redshirt year.
                        We need someone better than Marshall unless he is able to be more consistent.

Comment

• Since we have not seen any of the incoming players and I certainly am no expert on the recruits, would Marshall, even inconsistent, be better than being thrown to the lions? I get it he has a redshirt year, but if players are given an extra year, would Calvaruso be an option? At least one of those two could provide Miller or an incoming freshman some degree of mentoring re the college game.

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                            Since we have not seen any of the incoming players and I certainly am no expert on the recruits, would Marshall, even inconsistent, be better than being thrown to the lions? I get it he has a redshirt year, but if players are given an extra year, would Calvaruso be an option? At least one of those two could provide Miller or an incoming freshman some degree of mentoring re the college game.
                            Would not lose a whole lot of sleep over the incoming goaltenders we have yet to see. By the next time our administration allows the athletics department to do their jobs, one will be 22 and the other will be 21. They have both been in a few rodeos beyond the high school or prep school level. Both must be able to keep six ounces of vulcanized rubber out of nets or what we already know is a very good judge of talent and recruiter would not have brought them here.

Comment

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

Would not lose a whole lot of sleep over the incoming goaltenders we have yet to see. By the next time our administration allows the athletics department to do their jobs, one will be 22 and the other will be 21. They have both been in a few rodeos beyond the high school or prep school level. Both must be able to keep six ounces of vulcanized rubber out of nets or what we already know is a very good judge of talent and recruiter would not have brought them here.
                              If neither of the seniors is returning, I would expect another goalie recruit soon.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 22 January 2021. There are 253 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X