RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime: In Memory of Turk181

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    MTU's tweet announcing Ashbrook https://***********/mtuhky/status/1343226927662829570 is liked by two other RPI players, Danny DiGrande and Ryan Mahshie. I wonder if that indicates that Mahshie is also leaving. Although he does fit the "in and out of line up" description, I feel he would be a significant loss.
    Calvaruso also liked it

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

Well, before we cancelled 1/2 of our league mates had already terminated all of their winter sports programs. Shirley likely would have done the same thing anyway, but the Ivies certainly provided air cover.
      And then, within days, the Shirleybot that now runs Union used the "added" air cover to tuck his tail and run for the tall timber.

Really am wondering what the future of this conference is when one third of the members are doing everything they can to play and two thirds wanted nothing to do with it and had no intention of even trying. Conferences are based on the "commonality and compatibility" of the members. There can be nothing more uncommon, incompatible and, yes, IRRECONCILABLE than four that want to play finding themselves in a conference with eight that left them out to dry.

On a "positive" note, I received a blast email the other day promoting alumni events and gatherings. Obviously, they have all been "virtual" for the past ten months. Finally, one has popped up that is being advertised as IN PERSON. Unfortunately, it is alumni and homecoming weekend in October, 2021.

Sure is starting to look like all sports at the institute will end up being suspended for a hard to even imagine eighteen months. Have to wonder if that is just far too long to maintain either the paying live gate or those that follow via RPI TV or ESPN PLUS. Just cannot imaging anything even close to the entire fan base returning after all that time. By September/ October of 2021, a very healthy number are very likely to find something else to do even if that means just staying home.

Comment

• Today is 28 December 2020. There are 278 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Calvaruso also liked it
          I don't see him on the list probably because AC's tweets are private, and that probably also makes his Likes private. I assume that you follow him.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

And then, within days, the Shirleybot that now runs Union used the "added" air cover to tuck his tail and run for the tall timber.

Really am wondering what the future of this conference is when one third of the members are doing everything they can to play and two thirds wanted nothing to do with it and had no intention of even trying. Conferences are based on the "commonality and compatibility" of the members. There can be nothing more uncommon, incompatible and, yes, IRRECONCILABLE than four that want to play finding themselves in a conference with eight that left them out to dry.

On a "positive" note, I received a blast email the other day promoting alumni events and gatherings. Obviously, they have all been "virtual" for the past ten months. Finally, one has popped up that is being advertised as IN PERSON. Unfortunately, it is alumni and homecoming weekend in October, 2021.

Sure is starting to look like all sports at the institute will end up being suspended for a hard to even imagine eighteen months. Have to wonder if that is just far too long to maintain either the paying live gate or those that follow via RPI TV or ESPN PLUS. Just cannot imaging anything even close to the entire fan base returning after all that time. By September/ October of 2021, a very healthy number are very likely to find something else to do even if that means just staying home.
            I agree with you TT. Tell you what, the 4 ECAC teams currently playing have differentiated themselves from the rest of the league - as long as they can finish the season/playoffs in a "safe" manner. Colgate/Quinnipiac/St. Lawrence and Clarkson have proven they are capable of activating resources and enforcing protocols, and functioning through the adversity of a pandemic - as well as the other D-1 hockey teams and leagues who are currently competing. These schools, along with the ECAC are prioritizing safety, academics, and athletics - everything a student-athlete considers.
            I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• We can debate whether this was addressed properly all day. But it is what it is. I am saddened the season was cancelled and that players have decided their best interest is to move on. I have sat and watched RPI hockey through thick and thin. Far more of the latter. And over the past few seasons I made an effort to go and support the women’s team as well. My plan for the future remains the same. I will be in my seat the minute the HFH doors open. And will support both teams as they rebuild. People want to get out and go to games, movies, restaurants, concerts, and plays. So I see attendance starting slow but growing each week.

Comment

• Today is 29 December 2020. There are 277 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• There are concerns about the players we have lost, but I may have a solution. Ryan Haggerty and Mike Prapavessis remain eligible and unsigned as free agents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    MTU's tweet announcing Ashbrook https://***********/mtuhky/status/1343226927662829570 is liked by two other RPI players, Danny DiGrande and Ryan Mahshie. I wonder if that indicates that Mahshie is also leaving. Although he does fit the "in and out of line up" description, I feel he would be a significant loss.
                    It can just as simply indicate they are happy for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post

It can just as simply indicate they are happy for him.
                      Certainly. I was just stating the possibility that Mahshie may have entered the portal, and Sezenack added Calvaruso.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-29-2020, 11:40 AM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 30 December 2020. There are 276 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 31 December 2020. There are 275 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Simply Happy New Year to all of you. Just have the feeling that we cannot bring this year to a close fast enough.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Happy new year to everyone!

Comment

• Today is 1 January 2021. There are 274 days until RPI's next game.

Happy New Year!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X