Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is 25 December 2020. There are 281 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Just a simple Merry Christmas and a happy New year wish from myself and Jenny to all of you posters here. A very promising 2020 turned sour for RPI hockey after the beginning of March and we could have seen a very much more promising finish to the season. Here is hoping that 2021 can bring hockey back to Troy and all of us. I am extremely excited about the possibilities once we can get restarted.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Just a simple Merry Christmas and a happy New year wish from myself and Jenny to all of you posters here. A very promising 2020 turned sour for RPI hockey after the beginning of March and we could have seen a very much more promising finish to the season. Here is hoping that 2021 can bring hockey back to Troy and all of us. I am extremely excited about the possibilities once we can get restarted.
        Merry Christmas to you and a happy and healthy New year to everyone on this thread.
        Lets hope that we are back to a normal life sometime in 2021.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

• Today is 26 December 2020. There are 280 days (40 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 27 December 2020. There are 279 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• RPI fans, what can you tell us about Tristan Ashbrook? https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/...20201227ftvsl5

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                RPI fans, what can you tell us about Tristan Ashbrook? https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/...20201227ftvsl5
                Well, that's a bit of a sensitive issue because he's a significant loss for us due to the way the ECAC, and RPI specifically, handled the pandemic. He's a solid 2-way player with a good scoring touch. He's not a speedster but he's a good skater, establishes good position and has a pretty quick release. Look for a clip of his game-winning goal versus Brown where he raced up ice, received a pass while shielding a defender off with his body and snapped off a shot faster than the goaltender anticipated.

Edit: Here are the game highlights (go to the 5:30 mark for Ashbrook's goal): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77-XYvGUjDw
                Last edited by rpi82; 12-27-2020, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                  Well, that's a bit of a sensitive issue because he's a significant loss for us due to the way the ECAC, and RPI specifically, handled the pandemic. He's a solid 2-way player with a good scoring touch. He's not a speedster but he's a good skater, establishes good position and has a pretty quick release. Look for a clip of his game-winning goal versus Brown where he raced up ice, received a pass while shielding a defender off with his body and snapped off a shot faster than the goaltender anticipated.

Edit: Here are the game highlights (go to the 5:30 mark for Ashbrook's goal): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77-XYvGUjDw
                  Hopefully, he is the "sorely missed" player that jstadts referred to in post 461.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Hopefully, he is the "sorely missed" player that jstadts referred to in post 461.
                    yes that is who I was referring to. I had originally said Three, their is actually 4 total in portal last time I looked. DiGrande is public Knowledge at this point. The remaining two didn`t play much. Every school has alot of guys listed. I find it hard to believe they will all be moving. As you said the talent glut combined with all schools scrambling to figure out what to do with incoming kids and 5th yr players is creating a back log. My real concern at this point is with NCAA rules concerning transfer rules in the future. If they do away with the one year sit out rule permanently I think all non ivy small schools are screwed.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                      Well, that's a bit of a sensitive issue because he's a significant loss for us due to the way the ECAC, and RPI specifically, handled the pandemic.[/URL]
                      I don't understand your comment. This has RPI - namely SAJ written all over it. The ECAC had nothing to do with RPI cancelling their hockey seasons!
                      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post

I don't understand your comment. This has RPI - namely SAJ written all over it. The ECAC had nothing to do with RPI cancelling their hockey seasons!
                        Agreed, this is completely on SAJ. Figured there would be players at risk to leave when the Soph’s were kept off campus fall semester. But the pile on of no facilities, skating, coaching etc. was perfect storm for players to look into leaving.

Any word on access to facilities/coaching second semester? Another semester like the first, more players will explore their options.

Imagine Ashbrook and his family are glad he is close to home. Good luck #9

Comment

• Originally posted by jstadts View Post

yes that is who I was referring to. I had originally said Three, their is actually 4 total in portal last time I looked. DiGrande is public Knowledge at this point. The remaining two didn`t play much. Every school has alot of guys listed. I find it hard to believe they will all be moving. As you said the talent glut combined with all schools scrambling to figure out what to do with incoming kids and 5th yr players is creating a back log. My real concern at this point is with NCAA rules concerning transfer rules in the future. If they do away with the one year sit out rule permanently I think all non ivy small schools are screwed.
                          All signs point to the NCAA removing the one year sit rule FWIW. At least that's what all major reporters for NCAA sports seem to think. RPI can survive the loss of Ashbrook, but it's a real blow for sure. Beaton will need to be a big contributor at center right from the start next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post

Agreed, this is completely on SAJ. Figured there would be players at risk to leave when the Soph’s were kept off campus fall semester. But the pile on of no facilities, skating, coaching etc. was perfect storm for players to look into leaving.

Any word on access to facilities/coaching second semester? Another semester like the first, more players will explore their options.

Imagine Ashbrook and his family are glad he is close to home. Good luck #9
                            I have not heard anything regarding access to facilities for the spring semester for the team. However, I have heard that the RPI administration still refuses to open the Mueller Center for students to work out in and still refuses to let student clubs meet in small groups. If they are not allowing those, it's tough to imagine that hockey would be allowed unfortunately.

As far as I'm concerned regarding that, I think no news is bad news. If they are allowed to start practicing and work out as a team, I think we will hear about it

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post

Well, before we cancelled 1/2 of our league mates had already terminated all of their winter sports programs. Shirley likely would have done the same thing anyway, but the Ivies certainly provided air cover.

Comment

• MTU's tweet announcing Ashbrook https://twitter.com/mtuhky/status/1343226927662829570 is liked by two other RPI players, Danny DiGrande and Ryan Mahshie. I wonder if that indicates that Mahshie is also leaving. Although he does fit the "in and out of line up" description, I feel he would be a significant loss.
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-27-2020, 10:02 PM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X