This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

So can we get the names out? Don't know why anyone bothered posting if they weren't going to drop names. There's a massive difference between the players being say Lee, Bowman, Calvaruso and say Linden, Ashbrook, Babichuk.
    Sadly, it's hard to believe that another team would be interested in any of the first list.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 23 December 2020. There are 283 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Sadly, it's hard to believe that another team would be interested in any of the first list.
        Are you referring to Lee, Bowman, and Calvaruso as the first list?
        I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Don't know why anyone bothered posting if they weren't going to drop names.
          I'm not a name dropper - since your such a sponge for information, figure it out on your own!
          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post

Are you referring to Lee, Bowman, and Calvaruso as the first list?
            Yes. Them and others of similar ability. They are unlikely to be coveted by other D-1 teams in an era of a talent glut due to players getting an extra year of eligibility, etc.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post

I'm not a name dropper - since your such a sponge for information, figure it out on your own!
              Or maybe you can put your money where your mouth is instead of pretending to have inside information

Comment

Or maybe you can put your money where your mouth is instead of pretending to have inside information
                That’s a bit out of line. You really should respect sk8tonthepond’s clear desire not to disclose those names. They have no reason to lie about having information.

None of us to my knowledge are reporters, we don’t need to put information in a public space for no good reason.

Edit: Just to be clear, I appreciate your passion for all things RPI Hockey, and don’t want to discourage that. I just think there’s a better way to show that than demanding information.
                Last edited by rsfs04; 12-23-2020, 03:00 PM.

Comment

What's next...... "Meet me at the bike rack after school?"

There are a lot of details not posted on this forum. No need.

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

Doc, I want to thank you for your knowledge of how the numbers are calculated during the last nine months.
                    But I am more interested in How you feel about masks and social distancing?
                    The numbers may be distorted, but they are not a hoax.
                    EHF: i have had to wear a mask for 50 years of performing surgeries so I am pretty familiar with advantages and disadvantages. As far back as 15 years ago both Jenny and i would not fly commercial without wearing them on the planes due to the recirculation of air and the close quarters (even in first class!). We had noted that many if not all Asian people were already wearing masks when flying for many years. My personal opinion is simple - of course they can be of benefit. But only if one is careful and knows how a mask needs to be worn to be effective. They need to fit correctly and one has to be sure not use hands and fingers to keep adjusting and touching the mask. A mask is useless if one contaminates it constantly by touching. Also, there are some conditions that should preclude wearing a mask unless absolutely necessary as breathing through a mask can limit oxygen intake and make expelling air a bit more difficult for those with airway narrowing on expiration (asthma). I think in all crowded and close quartered situations they should be worn especially by anyone with underlying conditions and certainly if one is my age or older. But I think it ridiculous to wear one while out jogging alone or riding a bike in the street.
                    As far as social distancing, which for me was a totally new terminology, i don't really like to get too close to anyone unless they are female and resemble Raquel Welch (hope Jenny does not see this). Indoors, especially during the winter months, it is always a bit risky to have some close talker (see Seinfeld episode about that) in your personal space. Not sure about the 6 foot regulation though. As I mentioned before about statistics, you can make them support anything you want and i am just not sure that the evidence for that distance is strong. If 6 feet is good, then why not 9 feet? Or perhaps when studied 4 feet would be as effective?
                    I think people need to take responsibility for their own protection. The government can issue guidelines but it is up to each one of us to protect as we feel necessary. Some of the regulations just seem as random stabs in the dark. For example the 10 PM curfews in some bars and restaurants seems really stretching it. I never knew a virus that wore a wristwatch. All of these topics have been exhausted in the media. i can only offer my own opinion as a medical person with 50+ years experience. What I find most alarming is once we have set the standard that we have for COVID, what will be done for the next epidemic (and there will be many coming in the future)? With air travel being what it is, the rapid spread of just about anything is assured. We may be dealing with something of considerable contagion (but less than some diseases of the past like measles) but it most certainly it is not of the high mortality of some from the past (bubonic and pneumonic plague). What will happen when we are faced with something of high contagion (animal to human and then human to human) which is far more lethal?? I hope that we and the rest of the civilized world is prepared but I fear that is not the case at all.
                    Back to hockey - I must say that our coach is doing a bang up job in finding recruits and if this program is to survive, he will deserve s ton of credit.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

Doc, I want to thank you for your knowledge of how the numbers are calculated during the last nine months.
                      But I am more interested in How you feel about masks and social distancing?
                      The numbers may be distorted, but they are not a hoax.
                      And yes COVID is not in any way a hoax. But the numbers are not a little distorted, world wide they are grossly distorted. Most charts are showing China reporting between 5 and 20 new cases per day (I suggest this figure is quite a bit low) but I have not seen them report a single death in months. That is something I find very hard to believe!
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

If you google you will find it. I found three names. Two of them were in and out of line up and the other will be sorely missed if he goes.

Comment

• Today is 24 December 2020. There are 282 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by jstadts View Post

If you google you will find it. I found three names. Two of them were in and out of line up and the other will be sorely missed if he goes.
                            Oh well! I can't figure out what one should google to get the information since the actual database is not public, but it is good to know that only one of the names you found will be missed.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I am almost certain that Danny DiGrande is gone and one of them. However, I used social media to determine that. I also didn't find anything on google.

I also believe he is headed to Canisius.

As for the others, I have a few guesses based off of social media, but I don't have much confidence in those guesses at the moment.

Comment

I am almost certain that Danny DiGrande is gone and one of them. However, I used social media to determine that. I also didn't find anything on google.

I also believe he is headed to Canisius.

As for the others, I have a few guesses based off of social media, but I don't have much confidence in those guesses at the moment.
                                Yes, it does appear that he is going to Canisius.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X